** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Should The World Cup Be Expanded?

StevieDay1983

There is talk at FIFA HQ that Gianni Infantino is pushing for the FIFA World Cup to expand to 48 teams. This would alter the format with suggestions  of 16 groups of 3 teams with the group winners then progressing to the first knockout phase. Is this something you would back?

Personally, I think the World Cup is fine as it is. I did not mind the suggestion from Michele Platini of expanding it to 40 teams with 8 groups of 5 teams but that would be the only type of expansion I would like to see. The other would be 16 qualification spots guaranteed with the remaining 16 then contested between 32 nations in a preliminary two-legged play-off perhaps?

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/16/2016, 3:22:59, StevieDay1983 said:

There is talk at FIFA HQ that Gianni Infantino is pushing for the FIFA World Cup to expand to 48 teams. This would alter the format with suggestions  of 16 groups of 3 teams with the group winners then progressing to the first knockout phase. Is this something you would back?

Personally, I think the World Cup is fine as it is. I did not mind the suggestion from Michele Platini of expanding it to 40 teams with 8 groups of 5 teams but that would be the only type of expansion I would like to see. The other would be 16 qualification spots guaranteed with the remaining 16 then contested between 32 nations in a preliminary two-legged play-off perhaps?

For me, this expansions make much more damage than good. It is not the same, to compare European and World Cup, but the last European Championship with the expansion was the worst I have seen until now. 

I dont get the logic behind all this ideas in changing formats in both clubs and nations competitions. Better concentrate on improving some other parts.

Same as you, I think the WC is good as it is.

• 3 weeks later...

Please can someone help, I am at the end of y tether.

I placed an 11 team accumulator on Saturday on all league 1 and league 2 games with Betfred.

Keeping this short: After 60 mins all teams were winning, 8 by 2 goals or more.

I was in the shop trying to cash out via terminal and counter for 20 mins, something wasn't working.

Then Shrewsbury equalised and my £8300 return became nothing.

I fully understand that these things happen, but.

I spoke with betfred customer service via email and phone and there argument is Swindon vs Shrewsbury was not a game available to cash out at any time throughout the match.

There reason being there were lots of matches on Saturday.  Every other day cash out is available.

Please did anyone place a bet with Betfred including Swindon and cashout and saw that cashout was available

Edited by Ridzee

12 hours ago, Ridzee said:

Please can someone help, I am at the end of y tether.

I placed an 11 team accumulator on Saturday on all league 1 and league 2 games with Betfred.

Keeping this short: After 60 mins all teams were winning, 8 by 2 goals or more.

I was in the shop trying to cash out via terminal and counter for 20 mins, something wasn't working.

Then Shrewsbury equalised and my £8300 return became nothing.

I fully understand that these things happen, but.

I spoke with betfred customer service via email and phone and there argument is Swindon vs Shrewsbury was not a game available to cash out at any time throughout the match.

There reason being there were lots of matches on Saturday.  Every other day cash out is available.

Please did anyone place a bet with Betfred including Swindon and cashout and saw that cashout was available

This is very common actually, when the bookies see an oportunity to take your winnings legally, they will claim anything absurd to justify so... I suggest u get out of there. :/

On 10/01/2017, 14:56:32, Milanisimus said:

Yeah, three team groups? It's farcical. This does increase the chances of my home nation Wales reaching the World Cup but I didn't want that. I wanted us to qualify under the current set-up. Its worth has been devalued.