** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Ante-Post : King George VI Chase (Boxing Day)

• 2 weeks later...

Coneygree will not run in the King George it was announced at the weekend

As a direct result Josses Hill has been supplemented for £10,000, connections were not going to run as he needs to lead and wouldnt have got that with Coneygree in the line up. Thistlecrack may also run now as they didnt want a mad gallop for him and the race looks like cutting up.

Latest Odds with Bet365

5857a29379147_ScreenShot2016-12-19at09.0

This is clearly going to be the biggest test of Thistlecrack’s chasing career to date and the big question mark is how his jumping will hold up in this more competitive race, likely to be run at a stronger gallop than the three chases he has contested so far. If his jumping does stand up to the rigours of race, then it is hard to argue he won’t have too many gears for his older stablemate but it promises to be quite a clash.

I think it depends if Josses Hill is taken on for the lead. That may depend on Silviniano Conti running or Road To Riches who both like to be handy. If all 3 rock up then we have a strong pace for both Cue Card and Thistlecrack to be able to settle.

Tea For Two loves this track but is surely out of his depth as is Roi Des Frances.

I can see Josses Hill leading to two out possibly and then giving way to the Tizzard pair and i just think Thistlecrack would carry my money although i've always had a soft spot for the horses that step up to the table and have a go. (as Coneygree did in the GC, what a good decision that was looking back, he's never been right since that day!)

I wouldnt mind if Cue Card won either to keep the Bonus alive for Cheltenham!