** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

FA Cup - Has The Magic Gone?

StevieDay1983

We slightly touched on this topic when asking about the validity of the League Cup but thought it needed a deeper chat. Does the FA Cup still hold the importance it once did? I am particularly interested to hear the views of those of you that live outside the UK to get your perspective of it from your own country.

Personally, I have always loved the FA Cup. One of my first ever matches down Cardiff City was watching us beat Manchester City back in 1994 in the 3rd Round. We were a struggling lower league side then and City were a classy side with players such as Tony Coton, Terry Phelan, Steve McMahon, Niall Quinn, and Uwe Rosler.

I've also had the privilege of seeing us reach an FA Cup Final back in 2008 which was an unforgettable experience. I think because of memories and experiences like that the FA Cup remains very magical for me.

I still believe one of the top four Champions League spots should be given to the FA Cup winners but it will never happen due to the power the Premier League possesses.

Keen to hear other thoughts on it though.

• 3 weeks later...

I can't keep up with all soccer games from my country and worldwide, also I'm not that connected to sports... But I've never heard of the FA Cup before, Premier League (ok), Champions League (ok), Brazilian games (ok), but not the FA cup though, and its the oldest tournament...  :S

10 minutes ago, Shade34 said:

I can't keep up with all soccer games from my country and worldwide, also I'm not that connected to sports... But I've never heard of the FA Cup before, Premier League (ok), Champions League (ok), Brazilian games (ok), but not the FA cup though, and its the oldest tournament...  :S

Very surprised to hear that, @Shade34. Where do you live? Has there been no coverage of the FA Cup in your country?