** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

These Telegraph Revelations...

Hi lads,

I just thought I'd start a new post to see what you guys think of these undercover revelations by the Telegraph newspaper about managers accepting money when sorting out transfers. Clearly, it's a bit unsettling to think that even if a manager has not wanted a player that he might sign that player in order to earn a cut of the transfer. This obviously would have an impact on transfer betting markets when involving players at some of the top clubs.

Does all of this now make you reluctant to bet on player transfers and does it also make you a bit wary that the corruption may be a lot deeper and could impact on other betting markets within football?

Personally, call me naive, but I have hope that the vast majority of football is clean and betting is relatively untouched. I mean, football is a tough enough sport to do what you want so to manipulate things without arousing suspicion is becoming harder and harder. I am a little concerned by these reports but I think generally the revelations are all things we all suspected might be happening anyway.

• 2 weeks later...