** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Saturday Racing - (Haydock Sprint Cup, Scoop 6 etc..)

Limato   99.41

Suedous  99.35

Limatos recent run against M eccas Angel reads very well and it was a very fast time in the process so should run a huge race if conditions remain on the good side....of the others ...suedois has collateral form withnlimato putting him with a couple of lengths and in these sprints anything can happen so at 12/1 he looks big value .....I'll take these two against the field in a classy race 

Limato 7 pts win 11/2 betfred 

Suedois 3 pts win 12/1 bet365 

Tote Scoop 6 

We had 7 winners last week each sharing £59,082 and they will be gunning for the Bonus Fund this week which stands at £133,781.

The Bonus race is the 2.40 at Ascot, the opening leg of this weeks Scoop6 which also includes action from Haydock and Kempton and all six races are live on C4 for a change.

57c96b10ec9d9_ScreenShot2016-09-02at13.0

Selections:

Leg 1: 2.40 Asc: Von Blucher 9/2 Paddy Power

Nice easy start with a big competitive handicap over 7f. 18 runners line up and the John Gosden runner Von Blucher looks a decent enough sort who was second last time out at Newbury. He has been well backed on his last two starts and is becoming expensive to follow but is preferred from last weeks winner Firmament and Twin Sails.

Leg 2: 3.10 Asc: Stargazer 9/2 Bet365

A Heritage Handicap over 12f and the top of the handicap is the place to be looking here. The top four are all progressive types and i'd be surprised if anything lower down can win this. Of that quartet i prefer Stargazer from the Sir Michael Stoute yard. He was third at Goodwood last time out and won at Sandown prior to that. He's rated 99 at the moment and looks sure to reach a higher level in time.

Leg 3: 3.30 Hay: Shakopee 6/1 Bet365

Another tough handicap here and this time over 1m6f. Magic Circle is the early favourite after his win at York last time out. A couple of other 4yo's also catch the eye and my fancy is for the Cumani horse Shakopee ridden by Jamie Spencer. He was second to the very useful Barsanti last time and that form is good enough figure here. 

Leg 4: 4.00 Hay: Bowson Fred 18/1 Bet365

A 5f sprint and these will go like lightning from the off. Quite a few old experienced sprinters line up here but i like the 4yo Bowson Fred from the top of the handicap. He's drawn in the middle which is a good place to be and has been ultra consistent all year apart from his last run where he was eased once beaten. Robot Boy would be a decent alternative and he will be up there from the start.

Leg 5: 4.15 Kem: Replenish 12/1 Skybet

The London Mile Final and a very competitive handicap once again. Last years winner Georgian Bay will be a popular choice as will the veteran and C/D winner Sirius Prospect. Its wide open and a tentative vote goes to Replenish who come from the in form yard of James Fanshawe.

Leg 6 4.30 Hay: Magical Memory 10/1 Bet365

The big race of the day completes the Scoop6 and a decent renewal for the what was used to be the Betfred Sprint Cup. A Group 1 contest worth over £160,000 to the winner and Limato is the strong favourite at the minute.

He will only run if it stays dry but is the one to beat on his win in the July Cup over this trip. Magical Memory is a decent price on his overall form and will be ridden by Frankie Dettori. He looks value and can get closer to Limato this time granted a clear run.

:ok

3.05 Stratford

Sharp Rise 11/4 Bet365

Been in great form this season over fences and equally effective at this trip and a bit further. Has improved over a stone since the spring and now tries to take advantage of a slightly lower hurdles mark. Last time out was going well when unseating 3 out and that can happen over those newer style of hurdles. Has ran well here at Stratford before and looks to have Rossetti to beat.

4.35 Stratford

Jethro 3/1 Bet365

I thought this one was a bit unlucky last time out at Sedgefield when second to the well handicapped No Ceiling. he was going the best with one to jump and met it all wrong and was mugged on the short run in. That was only his second effort over fences and he looks very well handicapped on that form to me. The paper fav Mondeligo hasn't ran for 4 months so may need the outing and this may be the time to take him on.

4.05 Stratford

Taper Tantrum 7/4 Bet365

Michael Bell wouldn't have too many hurdlers but this one has certainly started off on the right foot. He was rated in the 80's one the level and had won twice and at first glance would not be a certain stayer over this kind of trip. He travelled well at Newton Abbot on his debut and although the slow pace was in his favour he showed a nice turn of foot to hold Excellent Team who re-opposes here. Richard Johnson takes the ride again and this track should suit his style and ought to defy the penalty.

3.00 Haydock

Custom Cut EW 6/1 Paddy Power

Not won since last September so maybe this is the right time of year for the very consistent 7yo trained by David O'Meara. On the face of it he has been a bit disappointing  this season and its hard to find any concrete excuses. I thought he ran much better last time out at York behind tow good sorts in Scottish and Yorker and this on paper anyway looks a little easier than that. He is the top rated horse in the line up and looks a bet to nothing EW to me.

240 ascot 

Slightly different tack this time .....5 previous winners have been won by a horse near a low or high draw ...roughly 5 of either rail so I've rated the top and bottom 5 draws and it came out as follows 

Twin sails  99.12

Bobby wheeler 99.10 

It's a touch race ...but this is an interesting angle .risky bets and both need to come back from recent very poor runs ....you can make excuses in both cases and that's the only reason I'm willing to back them ...that and prices 16/1 and 25/1 which catches my eye .....will be interesting to see what happens 

Twin sails  3 pts ew 25/1 bet365

Bobby wheeler 3 pts ew 16/1 sj 

1530 haydock

walpole 7/1 will hills

4 year old gelding was withdrawn from an ascot race yesterday, ground, he had been taken out of another race in last 14 days,i dont expect the ground to be better than yesterday.and as he prefers goodish ground, but im interested if his owners decide to run 

4.00 hay 

Game some    98,88

Robot boy   98.87

Bowsen Fred   98.83

Another classy sprint ..,some fab races today and very tough to call all of them ....Bowden Fred should run a big race here but combination of last run and middle draw is a slight negative for me .,,..game some comes out best overall has perfect conditions currently if rain stays away and nice racing weight off 9st ....robot boy also has chances if he can reproduce his ascot form .....both 12/1 and 14/1 they look value bets in a hard race 

Gamesome  2 pts ew 14/1 bet365

Robot boy 2 pts ew 12/1 lads