** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Wednesday Racing -

Looked at all the at Gowran races except the last two. Nothing I like in the maidens. 6.00 Reckless Endeavor looks overpriced at 7/1. Mizaah won a maiden well but has to step up to catch up with a few of these who are also open to progress. The Moore Factor flopped on better ground the last time and has questions answer now in similar conditions. Not sure he's that good. Mulligatawny was 3/4L ahead of Reckless Endeavor last time but dropping back to 7f should suit my selection as he ran quite free that day.

In the 6.30 race Expreso Brasileiro is short enough with only one win under his belt although his last race is working out well. The next few in the betting have really bad draws which are really hard to win from at Gowran. I like Great Wide Open in stall 1 who looks like he can be competitive off 77 when the remainder look poor enough. Hopefully back over 7f he'll settle better.

I liked Granny May before being made a non runner last time but the price in the 7.00 race looks short enough. Beechmount has got a bad draw and they finished on top of each other in Storm Ranger's last race so Knockmaole Boy looks the value at 10/1. 3rd in a race working out well and might improve for the run. Looks like he should be better than 68 and nothing sticks out at the bigger prices.

The conditions event at 7.30 looks tough. Not a fan of what Shamreen has done on the track and Siamsaiocht doesn't look great either. Both have Group 1 entries though. Ballybacka Queen has some good pieces of form but is too inconsistent to recommend as a bet. No fancy here.

Duffield also has a newcomer at 16/1 who has to be a bet for me in the 2.00 race at Hamilton. Ben Haslam never seems to win 2 year old races and he saddles the favourite while a few of these don't look sprinters on paper and might be better in time as a result. Might been in with a squeak here.

6.00 Gowran Park - Reckless Endeavor @ 7/1 Bet365

6.30 Gowran Park - Great Wide Open @ 14/1 Bet365

7.00 Gowran Park - Knockmaole Boy @ 10/1 Betfair

2.00 Hamilton - Uncle Charlie @ 16/1 Betfair

630 gowran

Great wide open  98.77

The eyes have it  98.74

Espresso brasilero  98.70

Extremely open hcap ....ordinarily I'd probably avoid it but there's a lot of value in top two horses here ....the fab espresso brasilero has fair form and sets a decent standard to aim at but great wide open has conditions to suit and could run a big race also the eyes have it might prefer slightly faster ground but this is a poor race so He has a good level of form which if he holds he could run a good race ....at 14/1 and 25/1 they look fab value bets in a very open race 

Great wide open 5 pts ew14/1 bet365

The eyes have it  5 Pts ew 25/1 lads 

7.00 gowron

So sensible   98.74

Granny may  98,72

storm ranger 98.69

Beechmont whisper  98.69

Bookies seem to have weighed this race up well but there looks a bit of ew value in so sensible who at 16/1 is twice the price of all the others ...any one ofvthese could win but with p smullen taking the ride he's overpriced so definate ew value 

So sensible 2 pts ew 16/1 bet365 

7 hours ago, richard-westwood said:

630 gowran

Great wide open  98.77

The eyes have it  98.74

Espresso brasilero  98.70

Extremely open hcap ....ordinarily I'd probably avoid it but there's a lot of value in top two horses here ....the fab espresso brasilero has fair form and sets a decent standard to aim at but great wide open has conditions to suit and could run a big race also the eyes have it might prefer slightly faster ground but this is a poor race so He has a good level of form which if he holds he could run a good race ....at 14/1 and 25/1 they look fab value bets in a very open race 

Great wide open 5 pts ew14/1 bet365

The eyes have it  5 Pts ew 25/1 lads 

What a fabulous front run ...great wide open wins ...about 95pts returned ...what a fab result !

8 minutes ago, arsenalfh said:

Great stuff Richard. :ok

Thought we were done when Expreso Brasileiro came but he found more to hang on. The low draw at Gowran is a big advantage.

Now lets see if we can get the treble up with Knockmaole Boy. He's halved in price so I'm hoping for a good run...

Crickey only just realised youve had first one too....nice price as well ......welcome to gowran !,....cmon you beautys !,