** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Wednesday Racing - (York Day One)

3.15 York: Duke Of York Stakes

Verdict:

I think this is a pretty decent renewal of the Duke Of York Stakes and for once it should involve those at the top of the betting market. Danzeno is solid enough but often finds one or two too good at this level and Twilight Son is bound to be in the mix but the combination of a 5lb penalty and being drawn in stall 11 might just be enough to stop him this time. Magical Memory seems to have everything in his favour, he’s drawn well, he goes in the ground and has had a recent run to put him spot on for this slightly stiffer test.

I think he will be very hard to beat and hopefully this will enable him to compete in all of the big sprints later on in the year.

Selection: Magical Memory @ 11/4 Paddy Power / Coral

Full Preview

240 York 

Hoof it   99.03

Love island  99.01 

Canyari  99.01

Tatlisu   98.98

Game some 98.96 

George Bowen  98,96 

Very very difficult race ......cases can be made for about for 7 or 8 of  these but I'll still play ....Hoof it is one of those horses that crops up from time to time especially in big races like this so when he's top rated I have to pay attention and his 12/1 price makes him appealing ....Love island looks good value at 50/1 as does canyari for r fahey at 25/1 ....in an open race I'll chance some value bets 

Hoof it  4pts win 12/1 pp

Canyari 3 pts win 25/1 pp

Love island  3 pts win 50/1 pp

315 York 

Magical memory  99.56

Tupi 99.52

Twilight son  99.51

Magical memory has a lot going for him in this race ....conditions ..fitness...class so the 11/4 with corals looks very appealing ....Tupi ran a cracker against the top rated last time and no reason why that could be a flash in the pan ...youd expect the fav to improve but not a lot between them on last run so il have a saver too

Magical memory 8 pts win 11/4 corals 

Tupi 2 pts win 12/1 bet365

Musidora Stakes

Verdict:

The form of So Di Mar’s win at Epsom is working out really well and it’s very difficult to go against her here in this sub-standard renewal. Both of her main rivals in the betting have plenty to prove, Fireglow was unconsidered in the Guineas on her overall form so will need to improve for markedly for a step up in trip while the O’Brien filly just simply needs to start living up to her name. My idea of a danger is Harlequeen whom I thought ran well to be second to Linguistic and at least we know she stays the trip well. All in all I think if the favourite gets the trip she will win and continue the excellent record for John Gosden in this contest.

Selection:  So Di Mar @ 10/11 Skybet

Forecast: So Di Mar to beat Harlequeen

Full Preview

420 york 

London protocol  98.78

Desert ruler    98.77

Abe Lincoln  98.72

This race caught my eye mainly because Abe Lincoln is 5/1fav with skyb but the top 2 are are being offered at 20/1 and 33/1 !!.....tough race but both have decent form at 7f so seem like fantastic value bets so ill chance it 

London protocol 5 pts ew 20/1skyb

Desert ruler 5pts ew 33/1 skyb 

On 10/05/2016, 09:54:44, richard-westwood said:

315 York 

Magical memory  99.56

Tupi 99.52

Twilight son  99.51

Magical memory has a lot going for him in this race ....conditions ..fitness...class so the 11/4 with corals looks very appealing ....Tupi ran a cracker against the top rated last time and no reason why that could be a flash in the pan ...youd expect the fav to improve but not a lot between them on last run so il have a saver too

Magical memory 8 pts win 11/4 corals 

Tupi 2 pts win 12/1 bet365

Magical memory does the business ...30 pts returned