China Open 2016

Fader

We are currently still in qualification matches but already a few big names have gone. Neil Robertson and Ding Junhui have both been eliminated. I will look at outrights soon but before that I'm going with a few qualifier matches today. 

4pts J.Wattana -1.5 frames to beat D.Hill Evens Skybet
Both players are not in the best of form but Wattana looks the most likely here. He hasn't played a whole lot of snooker really. He had a poor German Masters going out in Round 1 5-0 to to Alan McManus and then again went out to Ricky Walden in Round 1 of the Welsh, however he can take positives from that match only losing out narrowly 4-3 to a player bang in form 58-43 and a player ranked probably in the top 10 now in a final frame. He beat David Morris in the previous qualifier too, and that's also a good result against a player ranked 65th. Hill comes into this having lost 3 out of 3 in 2016 and losing 14 out of 16 professional matches since 2015. 

3pts Over 7.5 frames - Li Hang Vs L.Walker 5/6 Skybet
This match should prove to be a close one with the head-2-head showing a close 6-5 win for Li Hang last year in the UK Championship. I wouldn't put off anyone having a bet on Walker actually. He beat Ding ofcourse in the previous round so he is obviously in form, but either way you'd expect atleast a 5-3 at worse.

Thought both were heading for a loser then, but Hang pulls a frame out of his a**e and atleast that's 1/2. Wattana is a joke. 4 frames in 4 which he was on the table with a chance to win the frame and he blew them all. 4-0 down he starts playing and won 3 on the spin. What's the betting he wins 5-4 just to rub it in my face? Perhaps I should of taken the bet on Walker to beat Hang as that now looks a good shout as he looks to win 5-3/5-4.

-1.5pts 

6pts M.Fu -1.5 frames to beat R.Milkins Evens WilliamHill
Fu is playing alot better than Robert at present. Milkins won his last match against Ross Muir 5-4 but he didn't manage one break above 50 so some would say he was alittle fortunate to go through there as Muir did make a 60+ break. Fu, on the other hand, when beating Yu Delu, managed three centuries and two 60+ breaks. Not to mention a 80+, 90+ and century in his previous round win. Fu should win this with plenty to spare. 

2pts L.Walker to beat D.Gilbert 9/4 Coral
Worth a bet on Walker to beat Gilbert in my eyes. Should be quite a close match as the wildcard Walker has beaten both Ding Junhui and young prospect Li Hang with a few frames to spare. He isn't scoring huge only managing a 80+ against Ding and a 70+ against Hang but he is striking when other players are not on there game. Gilbert got a few decent scores of 70/80 in previous round but we've also seen him lose heavily to non-professional players.

Fu wins 5-0. Wish Id taken -2.5. heck, -3.5 I was even thinking. Looks like Walker has tanked but saying that, Gilbert has hit alot of big breaks today so I'll be keeping an eye on him next round. +4pts for the day and into profit +2.5pts

4pts R. Walden - 1.5 frames to beat T. Pengfei evens bet365

2pts A. Burden - 1.5 frames to beat T. Mcleod 6/4 skybet

No time for a write up but this is mainly on prior performance and walden impressive run recently. Im also going with burden who has looked good in previous rounds and I've never been a big fan of mcleod 

5pts J.Trump -2.5 frames to beat M.King 19/20 WilliamHill
2pts J.Trump -3.5 frames to beat M.King 9/4 WilliamHill

Trump is looking in really good form, and I think he will win this without giving away many frames. Id imagine this to be a 5-0/5-1 job but the main bet is -2.5 which will also allow a 5-2 win. I'll take a small punt on the 3.5 too though. Trump hit two centuries in his last match with Fu (which annoys me as I was looking for a market offering more than 1 century and couldn't find a market offering) he looks back to his best and I expect him to win this event. Head-2-head, he beat King 5-0 in the German Masters in 2014 and has won the last six in a row against King.