Horses to place

Re: Horses to place Hi mate, I wrote a massive outline to this system before the initial post, but it somehow never made it. :-( I just rushed up the last post because I was running out of time before the horse ran!!! In short, I aim to turn £20 into £500 by backing 8 consecutive horses to place, usually 1 horse per day. I'm looking at an average price of 1.5 on the exchanges. I'm sticking to favourites, usually top rated, proven at distance and going and preferably small fields but never less than 7 runners so 3 places are always available. Didn't get off to a good start yesterday, so I'm already -£20 !! We'll see how it goes eh? Danny

Re: Horses to place Place horses is something Ive got a keen interest in too.Your guidelines look good to me. I always play it so Im still looking for a horse to win rather than to place, that way you need to have misjudged a few horses to miss out. Keep an eye out for 8-9 runner races with a few non-runners as betfair still pay out the original places so sometimes you can get 3 places in a 7 horse race. Good Luck.

Re: Horses to place Something I've looked at too, but never been able to consistently find horses that will place at good enough odds. Although, I've never really filtered races out, and keeping the races to 8-11 runners should avoid a lot of problems you get in big fields. I'd suggest backing Ballygriffin Kid nto to place. I've backed him a couple of times this year, and he's been placed 6/6 since February at distances from 7f up to 1m4. Good Luck Danny.

Re: Horses to place

spacer.gif
  • Stratford 05/06/2005 Good (Good to firm in Places)
    3.50 Allens Caravans Handicap Chase (Class D)
    £12000 added, 5yo plus, 3m, penalty £8307, 9 ran.
    1st Kelly (SAF) 8A O'Keeffe 7-2
    11 1Miss Venetia Williams
    Prominent, led 10th, hit 12th, quickened clear 3 out, easy
    Thanks for the comments guys. WFTE, yes I was aware that Betfair still payout on the top 3, this is one of the reasons why I love doing horses to place if there is a late non-runner. Doesn't this always happen just before a 16 runner handicap to rob the punter?!! The other bonus of course is with a traditional each-way bet, you would not make any profit on the bet should the horse place and not win. Money back is the best you could hope for. OK, moving forwards now but not yet in profit: £20 @ 1.72 returned £33.68 after commission. Running total = -£6.32

Re: Horses to place Taking a slight risk with SUMMITVILLE in the 8:15 at Pontefract. Why a slight risk? well a) it's not clear favourite, that's Red Bloom, and b) it's not run over the trip for some time. However, conditions are ideal (GF) and she has won over a mile before. I can't see 3 horses in the race finishing in front of her and she was unlucky last time. £33.68 @ 1.44 cheers Danny

Re: Horses to place No bet today I'm afraid, not enough time to study the form and I'm straight out after work tonight so I won't see any of it. Good luck if you're betting today! Danny

Re: Horses to place Managed to get home after all! Ok, Chester looks very tricky - I was interested by the 2 sprint races where the draw is paramount: 6:45 The fav SILVER CREST ran well at Chester from a wider draw previously, but Frankie was on board and the ground was good-soft, tonight it rides harder. Can G Gibbons (?) get the thing placed from draw 10 - I notice it tends to break slowly too? No value at 1.43 IMO. Might be a LAY to win... 8:15 PLATEAU ran quite well after being hampered at Epson and is drawn well (3). However, I would have like the horse to have got it's head in front sooner than July 2002 and I can see a lot of competition in this 14 runner race, perhaps the other Nicholls trained horse (son rides) - Handsome Cross, the well drawn Treasure Key and the form horse Whinhill House. Might be another LAY again? Too many if's and but's tonight people, I shall sit out and watch. Danny

Re: Horses to place Glad I sat out last night, my fears about Silver Crest came true - wish I'd layed to be honest. The other horse, Plateau ran really well and easily placed :-/ Ok tonight, I liked Holy Springs in the 7:30 at Newbury but the field is too big for me so I'm taking a shorter price on FAVOURITA in the 8:00 at Newbury to place @ 1.40 (£47.76) Cheers Danny

1st 6 Ruby Wine 20-1
    2nd 4 Karliyna (IRE) 11-4
    3rd 3 Favourita 5-2
    Distances 1/2l, nk Corcoran 2-1 fav 8 ran Phew, not sure how close I was behind 4th cos I had to listen on the radio... there's a pattern ermerging here.... 1st,2nd,3rd (incidently Holy Springs finished 3rd too!!!) Ok - new bank is now: £66.87 Danny

Re: Horses to place Enjoy The Buzz only 4th. Disappointing. WFTE, yes I'll give it another shot mate, I don't give up that easy!!! Profit / Loss stands at -40.00

Re: Horses to place Ok, there are two horses that fit my criteria today so I shall do a £20 place double and attempt to rescue some of what I've lost already... Wolverhampton 2:25 Bid For Fame (1.35) Wolverhampton 3:30 Rancho Cucamonga (1.46) Fingers crossed.

Re: Horses to place Todays best bet: 3:50 Bath AYLMER ROAD (1.45) Reckon young Moore can get this into a place easily, if not win in this company! 48.33 rolling on....

1st Drawn 2 Aylmer Road (IRE) 3R L Moore 7-4
    9 0P Cole
    Mid-division, headway over 3f out, led 2f out, soon clear Opened 15/8, touched 2/1
    Well done to Scouse who also picked out Aylmer Road to WIN today. (Wish I'd seen his other selection today too!!) New bank = 68.99 6/8 winners Overall profit = +8.99 Level 1pt stakes = +1.18 Cheers Danny

Re: Horses to place FLOTTA today in the 2:00 Salisbury I have to hope that Flag Lieutenant doesn't stay and the Topkat isn't race fit for a start! I'm not 100% about this so I'm not rolling everything on incase the worst happens and I end up 60 down. So another 20 run begins at 1.62 Danny