Monday Racing

Just the one jump meeting, Lingfield is now an AW fixture. Carlisle is usually heavy but its a lot better than Haydock was on Saturday, the going stick read something like 3 and here its a glorious 5 at the last reading. Anyway it passed the inspection.

Best bet runs in the opener where Venetia Williams runs Fion Mac Cul, he has Howaboutnever to beat, not much between them on my rating but the Williams horse can improve further. Warrantor attempts to carry 11st 12lbs in the feature Chase, he fell early last time and makes the long trip for Warren Greatrex, he needs to improve to beat Alto Des Mottes.

In the last race W Six Times is the hot favourite after winning last week. Its a short price for a horse who has only ran twice since last May and has never won back to back. We are now expecting him win twice in a week at the age of 10.

Nap: 200 Carlisle: Fion Mac Cul Evens Stan James 

Venetia Williams has two runners up at Carlisle today, one for herself and the other one Fion Mac Cul for owner Trevor Hemmings who loves to have horses running up the North and has had plenty of success at Carlisle. This one looks teed up to me.

Looks a 2 horse race on paper so the price is about right and his defeat last time was when giving weight to two fair sorts over an inadequate trip at Wetherby. Before that he beat Rolling Dylan and proved he goes in the mud.

Carlisle Pot: 16 bets

56cad62a83769_ScreenShot2016-02-22at09.3

Good luck BH !

Shame about the non runner in the first (2.00pm, Novice Hurdle, 19F) because it means we're down to 7 and only 2 places available

On the other hand it does mean that the outsiders are much bigger prices because the bookies are not as worried about the EW liabilities

We have 2 short priced ones and the other 5 all over 20/1. I think both of the short priced ones can be taken on although realistically you'd expect one of them to perform.

Howaboutnever is dropping back nearly a mile in trip after winning a handicap then being well beaten in a much better race. The stiff track might negate the drop in trip and he acts on heavy. I fancy him more than the odds on favourite, Fion Mac Cul, who was all out to win a novice at Taunton on the nod then was pretty well beaten under the penalty which he carries again today. The horse that finished upside him at Taunton was also fairly well beaten next time, so his form is ordinary

I'll take a chance on one of the outsiders.......only had 1 run under rules, a bumper here at Carlisle where he tracked the leaders, got a bit outpaced, ran on again up the hill and weakened near the finish. Today is his second run and I'm hoping he can build on that initial promise and  with some natural improvemnt for the first run might be able to get amongst the two market leaders

Carl 2.00 - Baby Ticker - EW at 33/1 bog wm hill

Edited by Trotter