Winter Derby Lingfield

The antepost market is a minefield but Saturday's bishop road bet at 20/1 when he finished 13/2 shows that sometimes its worth the risk !,, just scouting through the antepost prices for this race ..no confirmed runners yet so I've had to build the race myself  ...computer spat out following 

Captain cat    99.54

Grendisar 99.54

Battalion    99.49 

Fire fighting 99.48 

As you can see ...very open and maybe not a race to mess with tbh ...but you can't escape the claims of grendisar who won over CD a and bookies are quoting around 5/1 ..,that seems about right ....the stand out but infuriating horse is captain cat ...who has bags of talent but just makes life hard for himself ....both last runs he's crawled awkwardly out stalls and lost the race coming with a late run .,most recently having to run wide losing ground and going down a length to grendisar which wasn't a bad run at all in context ,,,,,he's been ridden by Jamie Spencer both last two runs .....I'd prefer a jockey change tbh to see if that makes a diff but if he can get his backside out the stalls then he's more than capable of giving grendisar a run for his money ...either way he still got to within a length so at 14/1 with sky he looks a pretty good ante post bet at this stage 

Captain cat 3 pts ew 14/1 sky b

Edited by richard-westwood

• BillyHills changed the title to Winter Derby Lingfield

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.