Friday Racing

Interesting days racing over jumps, feel free to comment on the AW, i won't, not my bag.

Fakenham needs to thaw out but they have the circus that is Victoria Pendleton arriving in town today. She rides Pacha Du Polder in the 4.10 and is the 4/6 fav. Lets hope she wins and goes on to ride at Cheltenham.

At Sandown we have the Artillery Gold Cup and i have discussed the later as my nap Jennys Surprise is going in that. Elsewhere i love the look of the Mares hurdle, my figures say Jessbers Dream but i'm not sure she will line up after a hard race last Saturday. Katie Too is the best of the King pair and has booked Richard Johnson to do the steering. She could be anything but has never met anything of this class before so 5/4 is a bit skinny. Later on Loose Chips should go well for a long way, i like front runners here and he's back in his right grade.

Nap: 

320 Sandown: Jennys Surprise 15/8 PP/Hills

Trainer Fegal O'Brien often targets these races and looks to have hatched another good plan with this mare. She gets the allowances so is well in at the weights and her last run at Chepstow was very creditable in the context of this contest. She's a handy runner which is a plus here especially with Amateur riders in opposition, quite often only one or two get into the race. She's only had 3 starts over fences but jumps well and won't mind the ground. Market rival Bob Tucker has had 3 months off and the top one Cowards Close has pulled up the last twice.

Sandown Pot:

56c6e44f8ecba_ScreenShot2016-02-19at09.4

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.