Did i play right hand?

kiko1983

Hey guys - not been playing long and have been wanting to know if i played this right or not. Been playing in a coral freerole. Out of 811 people, i got down to the final table and was sitting in 2nd with 8 left. Starting hand was AK, so i figured i would raise it before flop. I got it called, then on the flop comes a 7,A,K so again i raise and have it called again. Next 2 are 2,4 and i called after each. It ends up in other guy going all in, so i go all in realising theres a chance he has a straight but then why would he have originally called after my raise pre flop with a 3,5. Anyways out comes for him AA. Now have i played this wrong, or have i just been sickingly unlucky? I was really chuffed as this is the best i have ever done, but to go out like this under these circumstances made me feel like crap!

Re: Did i play right hand? Hi mate :) You probably should have raised on the turn after the 2 came out. If you got reraised here you can be pretty sure you may be up against three of a kind, as he would be very aggressive. Probably would have feared trips sevens. However I believe the only time you played tremendously wrong was the final all in call. I dont know how many chips were in the middle but after all cards are exposed, two pair is often second best. However although two pair is often a trouble hand you did have the top two pair which does look like a very nice hand most of the time, much better than if you had K7 two pair in this example. But others (and Jezza for one) will be able to give you the total lowdown on this hand you played and where things went wrong, if they indeed did. (if you could give any other info such as bet sizes and the suits of the cards that would also be helpful) Either way well done mate, a final table finish is always a good thing :ok

Re: Did i play right hand? I dont think there was anyway you could NOT loose all your chips on that hand. When its down to the last 8 your giving up far too much folding top 2 on that board. The only hand that was beating you was three of a kind, and with AK on the board ands AK in your hand the odds of the two remaining aces or kings being in someones hand are pretty slim. He coulda had 77 but again unlikely after a big raise. Bear in mind that a man comming in with AQ is unlikely to give up once he hits an ace on the flop, and if hes got some goo like A7 of course hes gonna be right with you. Ida lost all my chips in that spot too and I been playing 3 years. Some hands just play themselves and theres nothing you can do about it.

Re: Did i play right hand? Kiko, That is a pretty harsh cold deck mate - no way you could get out of it. I think you played it fine, very unlucky for you the final ace hit the flop and even unluckier you paired your K as well. I have folded top two with AK before, but on cash tables where the stacks are deep and the blinds low - at that stage in a tournament there is absolutely no way you can lay that down with that board, anyone would have called in your spot. Jez

Re: Did i play right hand?

However I believe the only time you played tremendously wrong was the final all in call. I dont know how many chips were in the middle but after all cards are exposed, two pair is often second best.
I disagree here. The turn and river were a 4 and a 2. For him to be beaten somone would have had to called a bet on an AK7 flop with either 44, 22, or 35 If i was moved in against on the river id think it entirely more likely my man had A2 that 22....but thats just me. Without know how the betting went down its hard to say.

Re: Did i play right hand?

The turn and river were a 4 and a 2. For him to be beaten somone would have had to called a bet on an AK7 flop with either 44, 22, or 35
Could have already been beaten before these cards came out though. Does nobody think the betting should have been raised after a blank like a 2 came out?