Premier League Darts 2016

Fader

2pts E/W P.Wright to win the Premier League 20/1 Sportingbet
I thought Wright was very unlucky in his match against Taylor. throwing for the match he gets broken and the deciding leg he gets a 180 and 174 and still loses. Taylor finished that match in perfection but I think over the longer format Id expect Wright to the make the semi finals of this and so 20/1 looks a big price against players he can beat. 

Week 1 Previews :

5pts P.Wright to beat M.Smith 11/10 Skybet
I'm not sure Smith will come into this and hit the ground running. Wright knows all about this event and for me I see him winning this infront of the big crowd. I'm not sure Smith is ready for that at the moment. Not quite yet.

4pts D.Chisnall -2.5 legs to beat R.Thornton 15/8
2pts D.Chisnall to win the match / Have the most 180s / Have the highest checkout 4/1 Skybet

Seems nice value this. Chisnall is in some good form. Hits a hell of a lot of 180s and so for me this is a 4/1 bet on the checkout. Thornton is in some poor form and that match Vs Chisnall must be in his mind. 8-0 up and loses 10-9. That;s going to be in his head still. I think I will take the handicap too on this one as I see Thornton finishing bottom 2 this year.

5pts J.Wade to beat M.Smith 11/10 Skybet
Not too much time to do this but I think Smith will be worrying abit about losing another and having 3 losses and everybody else has played the two times. Wade can relax knowing he has more points now then he expected Id imagine. 

4pts P.Wright to beat Van Barneveld Evens Skybet
It will be interesting to see if Barney plays aswell this week but I have a feeling he wont. Peter Wright is a solid player and even on his bad days he can get the job done as he is so consistent. This could very easily be a draw but i see no value in the "draw no bet" odds atall. 

4pts A.Lewis to beat D.Chisnall 5/4 Skybet
I think if someone can keep up with Chisnall with the scoring then i thin it wont be as easy for Chisnall and when it comes to the doubles he can struggle abit under pressure.  Head-2-head shows it about even so alot will depend on Lewis's scoring here

2pts Price Boost on Skybet which is "Peter Wright, Adrian Lewis and Van Gerwen" all to win 9/1 Skybet
I will take this as I have tipped 2 out of the 3 and the Van Gerwen match I've only left alone based on poor value on Van Gerwen. Anderson we dont know if he is fully over his illness so i cant be backing him even at good odds.

Peter Wright thanks alot for changing your darts mate. 84 average. Very impressive :@

ha ha !! and he still wins... that's a perfect example of what I meant with Wright being solid even when poor. Stick with the old darts, Peter!

Edited by Fader

Week 3 of the Premier League and tonight were in Dublin. Big matches tonight as Van Gerwen plays Aidy Lewis and Taylor faces Anderson so it's a hard night to call. Can i also point out the run of not losing a bet in this thread will end very soon lol.. I'm leaving the Wright Vs Wade match alone as Wright has had the same bug going around that Thornton and Anderson have both had and the nonsense with the changing of darts. 

5pts G.Anderson to beat P.Taylor 7/5 Betbright
Anderson fully over the bug now and more importantly, he seems to have the beating of Phil in recent times. Anderson has beaten Phil 4 in the last 5 matches and alot of those have been in high pressure environments like Finals, Quarter-finals etc.. Anderson will be thinking he needs to win this one otherwise it's 2 in 2 and could really harm him with players like Wright already going for his third win tonight. Anderson to edge it.

5pts R Van Barneveld to beat R.Thornton 4/5 Coral
Another player that will see himself having to win tonight is Barney as these are the matches he would be targeting to get himself into that top 4 come end of play. Alot will depend on if Barney gets ahead as we have seen, Roberts shoulders do tend to drop. I wouldn't put anyone off of the handicap here either

2pts three fold (Anderson / Chisnall / Van Barneveld) all to win 8/1 Coral

Week 4 is nearly upon us. Thursday we're in Aberdeen, and with 3 Scots in the league that should mean a great atmosphere. Two of the Scots are up against eachother with Peter Wright taking on Robert Thornton. I see no value in that match really though and if anything Id be looking at Thornton at 4/1 as Wright unfortunately is going to get some bad luck at some point you'd think. Also, we're about half way to the point where the bottom 2 are relegated and so Thornton will be desperate for points. 

5pts A.Lewis to beat J.Wade Evens Skybet
Although Wade has a good record against Aidy, last year they played five times and Aidy won 3 of the 5 and only lost once. The last two matches he hasn't lost and that included a draw in the league, and then a 7-4 in the league and between that a 6-0 thrashing. Lewis is looking good so far and Wade, I'm finding is only winning games when his opponent turns to crap. Lewis doesn't do that like he used to.

6pts G.Anderson to beat R. Van Barneveld 5/6 Bet365
I would expect a reaction from Gary here, as he needs the points, needs the momentum and we're in Scotland where he will be expected to shine. His record against Raymond isn't that great in the Premier League surprisingly, only winning 2 of the last 10 premier league fixtures believe it or not. But, Gary just needs the points. Without a win in 2 now and 3 losses would really hit any chances of him winning this league, and getting the momentum into the Semi-finals.

1 hour ago, Fader said:

Week 4 is nearly upon us. Thursday we're in Aberdeen, and with 3 Scots in the league that should mean a great atmosphere. Two of the Scots are up against eachother with Peter Wright taking on Robert Thornton. I see no value in that match really though and if anything Id be looking at Thornton at 4/1 as Wright unfortunately is going to get some bad luck at some point you'd think. Also, we're about half way to the point where the bottom 2 are relegated and so Thornton will be desperate for points. 

5pts A.Lewis to beat J.Wade Evens Skybet
Although Wade has a good record against Aidy, last year they played five times and Aidy won 3 of the 5 and only lost once. The last two matches he hasn't lost and that included a draw in the league, and then a 7-4 in the league and between that a 6-0 thrashing. Lewis is looking good so far and Wade, I'm finding is only winning games when his opponent turns to crap. Lewis doesn't do that like he used to.

6pts G.Anderson to beat R. Van Barneveld 5/6 Bet365
I would expect a reaction from Gary here, as he needs the points, needs the momentum and we're in Scotland where he will be expected to shine. His record against Raymond isn't that great in the Premier League surprisingly, only winning 2 of the last 10 premier league fixtures believe it or not. But, Gary just needs the points. Without a win in 2 now and 3 losses would really hit any chances of him winning this league, and getting the momentum into the Semi-finals.

Firstly, that's really poor from the Premier League bosses to have two Scots against each other and the other one against Barney on a night when the Premier League is in Scotland. Way to kill an atmosphere, those four players should have been spread out amongst four matches. 

Secondly, I think if you're taking players to win closely-matched games in the Premier League, you really need to be looking at 'draw no bet' as the 6-6 looms quite large in such a short format. 

41 minutes ago, potus said:

Firstly, that's really poor from the Premier League bosses to have two Scots against each other and the other one against Barney on a night when the Premier League is in Scotland. Way to kill an atmosphere, those four players should have been spread out amongst four matches. 

Secondly, I think if you're taking players to win closely-matched games in the Premier League, you really need to be looking at 'draw no bet' as the 6-6 looms quite large in such a short format. 

agree on point 1 but disagree on point 2 and the final profit of this thread will show that. Thanks

5pts M.Van Gerwen to win the match (and have most 180s) Vs M.Smith 11/10 Skybet
0.5pts M.Van Gerwen to win 7-0 9/1 Skybet

Fancy Van Gerwen to keep up his form here and win with plenty to spare. The handicap doesn't appeal to me. Evens for him to win by 4 legs? no thanks. But I will take better than that, that he wins with the most 180s also. Nice price for that. I'll also take a tiny bet on the 7-0. Just in case...

Tomorrow we are in Exeter. I'll get my selections in today, as I'm in the gym after work tomorrow and will not have a chance.

2pts A.Lewis to beat P.Taylor 5/2 Sportingbet
I'm taking Lewis to win this one. More of a value bet than a strong feeling toward it. Head-2-head shows Taylor winning 7 of the last 10, however in the last six premier league matches they share the record 3-3. 

5pts D.Chisnall to beat J.Wade 5/4 Paddypower
1.5pts D.Chisnall to win the match / most 180s / highest checkout 100/30 Skybet

Dave Chisnall is having a pretty good premier league so far. He has the third highest average so far this competition and has hit joint top 180s (18 with Van Gerwen) James Wade, I still think is too inconsistent. I think the MVG match was a one-off and like I said a few weeks back, he can only win games where he gets in the opponents head and they fall apart. Chisnall should have too much high scoring here you'd imagine.

4pts M.Van Gerwen to beat P.Wright AND score most 180s Evens Skybet
Van Gerwen last week was ridiculous (albeit it he should of got me my 7-0 bet) but nevertheless I think he will hit the handicap here which is set to -3.5. The better bet though for me is him to win the game and have the most 180s. I said on the previous preview that MVG has most 180s with Chisnall and Wright keeps pissing about with his darts so Id imagine an easy win here for MVG

3pts M.Smith to beat R.Van Barneveld 2/1 888sport
2pts M.Smith to beat R. Van Barneveld AND score most 180s 4/1 Skybet

I'm taking Smith to finally come out of the blocks firing here. He has been threatening recently and obviously last week against MVG nobody would of came close. This match though is very much winnable and I'm taking him with the 180s too as if one comes in, the other probably will. 

Tomorrow we are in Nottingham. I was going to go with Peter Wright against Lewis but 11/8 doesn't seem like good enough. 

2.5pts M.Smith to beat G.Anderson 4/1 Skybet
0.5pts M.Smith to win the match / have most 180s / highest checkout 16/1 Skybet

This price looks rather big considering how bad Anderson's form is right now. Winning breeds confidence and Smith looks a different player since he got a win in this, his first Premier League. Anderson went out of the Open event during last week to a qualifier and he was thrashed too. That can't be good for his confidence. He is ofcourse a mentor of Michael and may look abit silly losing to the Protege.  Smith has actually won 2 of the last 3 between these two also.