National League > Jan 16th

Aidymac

Halifax v Barrow
The FA Trophy takes centre stage this weekend and I was hoping to tip up in the game I am going to, but Dulwich are a little on the short side at 2/1 to beat Guiseley. I do think they have a real chance of causing an upset though, but wanted at least 5/2 before I got involved. The first bet though is Halifax who continued their superb run of form under Jim Harvey against Macclesfield last weekend. They were one of four winners tipped and they should have won by more given the amount of chances they created. Barrow on the other hand were playing a game the result of which went viral. They went 2-1 up in the 82nd minute and 3-1 up in the 87th, but they then conceded 3 goals in injury time to lose 4-3 to Tranmere. That will have done their confidence no good and they have lost ten of their 15 away league games and have won just two of them. Halifax look a different side since Harvey took over and whereas a few weeks ago you wouldn't have gone near them to win a game at 11/10 it all of a sudden looks decent value.

Oxford City v Cheltenham
I opposed Cheltenham in the previous round and they were slightly fortunate to edge past Chelmsford. They rested a few players in that game and I fully expect the same thing to happen here. Oxford are currently in the play-offs in the National League South and are a fair bit better than Chelmsford so it will be no surprise at all if City pushed them close. Cheltenham's season is all about winning the league and at 15/4 the home side are a value play.

Truro v Macclesfield
As I wrote last week I felt Macclesfield had been flattered a little in their recent results and so it proved as they were no match for Halifax. They won't fancy this game at all as it is a very long way to Truro and the home side are having a superb season currently sitting in 7th place in the National League South. They had a great result last weekend when getting a point against run away leaders Ebbsfleet and I think they can cause Macclesfield plenty of problems. Marathon's 29/10 is worth taking.

Dartford v Bath
Their are two Kent sides in the National League South who look cracking bets this weekend. I opposed Bath last weekend with another Kent side in Maidstone because they are on an awful run of form at the moment bar somehow beating Ebbsfleet 1-0. Dartford are in very good form at the moment having struggled a little when the season started after relegation. They are in the play-off hunt now though and they really should be odds on to win this game not Marathon's 11/10. The one small worry is they aren't the most prolific in front of goal and they have only scored once in their last five matches, but there is every chance that one will be enough.

Margate v Chelmsford
Margate are another team where a change of manager has seen a big upturn in form. They have won three of their five games under Nikki Bull and are finally showing the performances that the quality of their squad should be showing. Again Chelmsford were a team I took on last week and they duly lost 3-2 to Weston having been 2-1 in front. They are on a very poor run of form at the moment and now the Margate side are full of confidence they look a good bet 6/5 with Marathon.