** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Jump racing sunday 17th Jan (Leopardstown)

Possible race for doubling up ....some nice races this weekend but everythings a bit of a mess because all grounds ridibg heavy and snow forecast .   Ive passed this through the computer 

Coral ie hurdle sunday 

Good as gold   99.32

Ice cold soul   99.26

Cliff house   99.24

Very very difficult race ..no degree of confidence to bet in this as usually 24 +runners go to post .....but saying that im wondering if anyone has any thoughts on this good as gold ?? ..  at first glance he wouldnt seem like a good candidate ...especially for a double up attempt ....but he did win lto and thats a plus ...and closer inspection of that win shows he was rated 114 ...and pipped a 120 horse that day ..  pair were 6 lengths clear of third (rated 107 ....6 lengths =12 lbs =119 )...so the sums seem to hold up suggesting this good as gold could be a 119 horse     the mark he runs off in this race  .      Couple that with the fact hes top rated and his current quote of .. 25/1???.   Suddenly looks very interesting indeed ? .. . Will keep an eye on market and weather 

Coral IE Chase

https://www.punterslounge.com/leopardstown-betting-latest-tips-for-sundays-big-handicap-2016011206

Verdict:

You can see why the bookmakers are taking no chances with Dressedtotehnines, he looks to have a right chance if anywhere near back to his best. Plenty of doubts about a lot of runners either making their way back after injuries or probably going to need the run and get ready for other targets down the line.

I do like Heathfield from the Tony Martin yard, this trip will suit him and he goes in the ground and after two starts this season he should be spot on now and can push on and land one of these big handicaps. Seabass is very well handicapped on his best form and if he takes his chance he could run well at decent odds.

Selections:

Heathfield EW 16/1 Paddy Power

Dressedtothenines 15/2 Betway NR

Added: Seabass EW 10/1 Hills

Coral IE Hurdle

https://www.punterslounge.com/leopardstown-betting-competitive-field-gunning-for-coral-s-cup-bonus-2016011302

Verdict:

A typically tricky puzzle to sort out and I’m sticking with the trends here by selecting a couple that are rated below the 128 threshold. You cant ignore the way Whatsforuwontgobyu won last time out and being in the ownership of JP McManus I’m sure he will spot on for this. I’m also keen on Desoto County now he seems to have found his form now he has settled in with Gordon Elliott. He could be a big improver and his mark of 126 looks lenient to me.

Selections:

Desoto County 12/1 Stan James

Whatsforuwontgobyu 12/1 Paddy Power

• BillyHills changed the title to Jump racing sunday 17th Jan (Leopardstown)

coral ie chase

folsom blue   99.27

heathfield    99.25

ballycasey    99.21

folsom blue would be an interesting entry if they come here but looks more likely to run Saturday at the moment so ill keep an eye on that one for moment

heathfield looks an interesting contender for this ...looks to have all the the necessary form and ability and is coming to peak form now so the 16/1 looks very

interesting and good value ......ballycasey is also coming into form and is a decent horse on a good day ..holds n entry in gold cup and also entered for thystes chase next week so another to watch if confirmed for this .....at the moment an ew bet on heathfield looks best option for time being

heathfield   5 pts ew 16/1 b365

other 2 ....2 pt wins if they are confirmed

23 hours ago, arsenalfh said:

I don't think Heathfield will run at Leopardstown as he needs a trip and 2m 5f will be too short. He also has an entry in the Thyestes over 3m 1f next Thursday.

I thought you were right but hes been left in at final stage and only 12 runners left and hes one of them so looking promising now 

On 13/01/2016, 12:47:28, richard-westwood said:

Possible race for doubling up ....some nice races this weekend but everythings a bit of a mess because all grounds ridibg heavy and snow forecast .   Ive passed this through the computer 

Coral ie hurdle sunday 

Good as gold   99.32

Ice cold soul   99.26

Cliff house   99.24

Very very difficult race ..no degree of confidence to bet in this as usually 24 +runners go to post .....but saying that im wondering if anyone has any thoughts on this good as gold ?? ..  at first glance he wouldnt seem like a good candidate ...especially for a double up attempt ....but he did win lto and thats a plus ...and closer inspection of that win shows he was rated 114 ...and pipped a 120 horse that day ..  pair were 6 lengths clear of third (rated 107 ....6 lengths =12 lbs =119 )...so the sums seem to hold up suggesting this good as gold could be a 119 horse     the mark he runs off in this race  .      Couple that with the fact hes top rated and his current quote of .. 25/1???.   Suddenly looks very interesting indeed ? .. . Will keep an eye on market and weather 

Ratings are holding at present 

Good as gold   99.32

Ice cold soul   99.26

Cliff house   99.24

Desoto county  99.22

Only addition really is desoto county who I feel needs to be included as conditions are very much suited and theres been plenty of money for him ..good as gold at 25/1 still looks a decent bet to me in such an open race but desito county looks to have a decent ew chance too so both look fair value bets and ill go with them 

Desoto county   5 pts win 10/1 corals

Good as gold  5 pts win 25/1 corals 

Strange one but you never know what McManus is planning with his horses sometimes. I had him backed in the Paddy Power over Christmas and although he was left poorly placed for me he was never really travelling I think and never looked like getting involved and I thought he would be going back up in trip rather than down in preparation for one of the nationals.

On 13/01/2016, 12:47:28, richard-westwood said:

got a 13 pt carry over from earlier in week for a double up attempt 

115 warw 

All together  98.78.

Rest of horses are a little behind this one ..conditions fine ...loves soft ... still looks well treated despite rise so the 9/2 looks a fair shot to nothing really ....lets go for it ...bit of sat fun

All together 13pts win 9/2 corals