Monthly Naps Competition, Saturday 9th January 2016

Chepstow 1:45 Fourovakind @ 25/1 William Hill e/w thanks

Fourovakind......from Harry Whittington yard another pick which has blue the silks are red white and blue that will do , the 11yo is a winner here back in January last year on heavy going over 3m since that run he finished last season off with two more runs where he managed two 3rd place finishes before going away for summer break , He reappeared in November last year at Lingfield 3m heavy where he finished 3rd again but only 7 runners in race but at least he blew the cob webs off and hopefull yard has sorted his jumping out as he tended to jump right several times The yard bring in Nico de Boinville to ride horse for first time but hopefully he's down some schooling work with him

Kemp 12.50 - Comeonginger - win at 3/1 bog boyles

Handicap chase around 18F on soft

My selection has won on his last 2 visits here, in both cases making all and jumping boldly. Both those wins were over 20F but the slightly shorter trip is no problem in soft ground

There are a couple of other front runners in the field but they don't appear to be in good form and I think they'll struggle if they take my fellow on..........these fences are stiff and I can see fallers if they go faster than they're comfortable with to keep up with my choice.

The main danger is probably Balgarry who looks OK handicapped.......my worry about him is the jumping - one fall and one Unseat in his last 5 runs and these fences might catch him out

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.