** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

UFC 194: Conor McGregor V Jose Aldo

Aidymac

This is a huge fight for Conor, one he can't afford to lose. He is a massive man for someone in featherweight, built like a tank and is very tall. He is inches higher and wider than Aldo so many would be shocked that they fight in the same division. He is a monster puncher and the way he gets around the cage is highly impressive, he is a true predator.

Can he beat Jose Aldo? Personally, even as an Irish man, I am not so sure. He struggled to beat a half fit Chad Mendes last time, who had Conor on the ground several times and it looked like he was going to get a submission. It was only when Conor got back on his feet that he used his fitness, power and severe punches to get the job done.

He is in for a much tougher test here against Aldo, a man that has not been defeated in 10 years. For me, Aldo has been given no respect and the majority think Conor is just going to brush him aside. For me, that is nonsense and from a betting perspective, the clear value is Jose Aldo to win the fight and I will bet accordingly.

Back JOSE ALDO to beat Conor McGregor (11/10, Bet365)

Full Preview --> https://www.punterslounge.com/ufc-194-betting-preview-conor-mcgregor-v-jose-aldo-2015121003

Aldo to win in round 1 @9/1 Boylesports

Under 1.5 rounds 13/8 Unibet

I agree that the value is on Aldo but think the longer the fight goes on the more it sways in McGregors favour. Dana White has said he thinks the 1st round of this fight will be "one of the sickest first rounds of any fight", he's running the hype machine but it's fair to say it's more likely than not both will come out guns blazing and if that does happen there's every chance Aldo could cause a shock and end this early. He's done it 11 times in his 25 wins, Mcgregor has also had 14 round 1 finishes in his 20 fights, 2 that he lost early in his career. McGregor's odds to finish early are 4/1, it's surprising to me how small that is compared to Aldo's odds so I'm siding with the Brazilian. 

The fight to end in the first round also appeals, as even though both have had some longer battles in recent years if you bring both fighters records together then you'll find that 56% of their fights have ended in the first round. Many of Aldo's most recent fights have gone past the first round but with both of these guys coming out of their corners throwing bombs the price on the quick result looks like value.