Monthly Naps Comp, ''SATURDAY'' 17th Oct -2015

3.05 Asc - Fascinating Rock - win at 16/1 bog bet365

Champion Stakes - group one 10f

Over the last few years the older horses have dominated this race.......I suppose there might be a logic in that the top class 3yo have probably been on the go since the Guineas and Derby/Oaks trials in the spring which is a long season for young horses

The favourite is Jack Hobbs......he's won the Irish Derby and been beaten in the Derby and Dante. He's only been beaten by Golden Horn so he's probably pretty good and has been given a long break with just a easy run out at Kempton to tick him over. Probably ought to be favourite but there is a doubt over him coming back in trip as well as the long season

My selection is a 4yo who has won 4 times at group 3 level but been beaten when stepping up to higher grades. That is obviously a worry but on the plus side he ran the best race of his career last time out and might now be on an upward curve. I get the impression he was very highly regarded as a younger horse but never quite fulfilled his potential at 3. This looks to be his trip and his ground and he has a terrific turn of foot

Well In mate, CRACKING price.

3 winners so far :clap

Trotter 16/1

Btugero 15/2

Wtrylika 8/11

Later runner

2045 wolv - ellerina 40/1 hill

Fairhurst and Fentiman both have higher win average SP. Besides a 2nd place finish in May at SP of 66/1 nothing really stands out for Ellerina, but has been priced very high in all races which makes me wonder if they think there is more to come from her. Lowest weight, hope it helps.

Edited by BillyHills