Ante-Post Evo-Stik and Ryman Premiers

Darran

Ryman Premier There is certainly no Margate this year as it is 6/1 the field in the Ryman Premier. Staines were put at 16/1 on the opening show, but that didn’t last long and they are now 7/1 with William Hill. I still think that is worth taking. They struggled in the Conference South last season, but Nicky Forster had a positive effect when he took over and he has rebuilt the squad nicely as they look to bounce back at the first time of asking. The main bet though has to be Dulwich Hamlet. Now Maidstone and Margate are out of the way they look in good shape to go on and win the league. They managed to make it into the play-offs last term, but as per the season before they faded badly towards the end of the season. If they can avoid that this time around they have to be bang in there, as Gavin Rose has built another solid squad. Of the bigger prices, Billericay, Kingstonian and Hampton all make some sort of appeal, but for the moment I am happy to stick with Staines and Dulwich. Evo-Stik Northern Premier BetVictor were also first up on this division and again they were filled in on a team who have become favourites. Salford opened up at 10/1, but are now only 7/2! They are easily the most likely winners, but at those odds I can’t really tip them up as a single anymore and they are ones for the multiple bets. You can make claims for the next few in the betting, but I am going to tip up Hyde at 16/1. Given they have only won a handful of games of football in the last couple of seasons that might sound odd, but getting Gary Lowe back in as boss looks a very good move. Lowe’s return helped improve the side in the backend of last season and now that he has had a summer to get his team sorted, they look in good shape. They have had a solid pre-season and should be capable of going well. Evo-Stik Southern Premier Poole blew the league big time last season and a lot will depend on how they get over that this season, but they should be capable of going close again. Merthyr Tydfil have been the team for money in this league and they, along with fellow promoted side Kettering, should go well. The two I am backing though are St Neots Town and Hungerford Town. I backed St Neots last year and was hoping for a bit better than they showed. It was still a decent effort though and they should be looking to improve on that this time around. Hungerford have a bit of cash to spend and again have been quietly improving with each season, so this time around they should be in the play-off hunt at the very least.

For me Blyth Spartans at 16's represent decent EW value. Despite losing a couple of players to higher league clubs. Wade is a shrewd guy who seems to have recruited well. As stated above the value in Salford has gone. Maybe Darlo who will be strong are worth a cover bet at 7's. Should be a decent league this season. In the NPL Div 1 North - Bamber Bridge are my strongest single. After just missing out the last two seasons they have made fantastic signings for the league . Notably ex league player Brett Ormroyd who if fit will bang a few in the net in this league for sure. Sadly before prices were given i was hoping at least 10's , they opened 6's and are now 7/2. Big dangers will be Spennymoor at 8's. They had a great first season in the division and only lost out due to a huge backlog of games which finally took its toll. They are defo worth a few shillings NPL Div 1 South - watch out for Shaw Lane i managed to get 12's but they are now 8/1. The squad they have assembled is very impressive. Including former league defenders with over 600 league appearances between them . Forward line is maybe the best in that division especially as their top scorer last season who scored for fun is about 4th choice this season. Gav Allott who scores when he wants from Frickley has not gone there for the Barnsley scenery (money also talks). Think its unfair that a club who does not have there own ground can virtually 'buy' there passage to higher leagues. Rugby Town and Stafford Rangers are the other teams that will also go very close but 9/2 now for Stafford offers no value except in multiples.Maybe if they get off to a poor start and drift to around 10's i will get involved as its a very long season. Blyth Bamber + Spennymoor Shaw Lane 4 singles & 2 x EW Trixie bets with our friend Mr Victor

i think Redditch will do well again this season if they can keep hold of their manager they have signed Jamey osbourne from hednesford who is a classy midfielder(one minute he was going to Halifax and then he drops down a level to Redditch!(madness imo) ,he tweeted along the lines that hednesford had prevented his move to Halifax and he was now taking a step back in order to move forward eventually so don't know what the arrangement is with Redditch but if they can keep him they should be scoring plenty of goals one loss is ashley sammons to corby but if they can tighten their defence Redditch should be around the top 6 imo and give you a run for your money each way