August 3 - August 9

Four tournaments this week ATP&WTA in Washington on hard, WTA Stanford on hard and ATP Kitzbuel on clay. One pick for me for tomorrow. ATP WASHINGTON KUDLA-3.5 GAMES TO DEFEAT ROLA @ 1.51 on pinnaclesports Rola coming from Europe, first match on US hard in 2015. Kudla is in the best form of his life playing very well from the baseline and some good serves.

Back Andy Murray to win ATP Washington for a 7/10 stake at 2.50 with Bet365 Back Tommy Haas to beat Donald Young for a 8/10 stake at 1.67 with BetVictor Back Samuel Groth to beat Thomaz Bellucci for a 8/10 stake at 1.68 with Unibet The field might be strong, but Andy Murray stands out nonetheless and I'm willing to back him at short odds this time around given that he should have enough motivation to win now that he can possibly overtake Federer ahead of the US Open. In the first round, Haas should beat the struggling Donald Young despite not being in the best of forms himself, while Samuel Groth also looks worth a punt to me against Bellucci. The Brazilian will have to adapt to new conditions after playing in Gstaad last week and the big serves from Groth are bound to frustrate him, so the Australian does look like a worthy favourite to me in that one. Full preview here: https://www.punterslounge.com/atp-wa...a-strong-field

Back Magdalena Rybarikova to win WTA Washington for a 2/10 stake at 29.00 with BetVictor Back Alize Cornet to win WTA Washington for a 2/10 stake at 17.00 with BetVictor Back Zarina Diyas to beat Lauren Davis for a 7/10 stake at 1.73 with Betway Back Irina Begu to beat Madison Brengle for a 7/10 stake at 1.57 with Betway Makarova might lead the line-up in Washington, but I'd much rather be on Rybarikova and Cornet at the current odds. Rybarikova has already won this event twice, after all, so she's bound to have a chance and she should be able to peat Pavlyuchenkova in the first round, so she's definitely worth a punt. Cornet is also bound to bounce back quite soon after a run of average performances. In the first round, I'll be backing Diyas against Davis simply because there's a decent gap between the two quality-wise. Meanwhile, Begu should also be too strong for Brengle, who's lost her last eight matches (0-16 in terms of sets). Full preview here: https://www.punterslounge.com/wta-washington-betting-the-usual-suspects-might-do-well-this-week

Jiri Vesley vs Nicolas Almagro I find this quite interesting as im shocked to vesley not favourite here, both heading in different paths in the carriers IMO. Vesley making some sort of progress perhaps nott so much lately with a below average of results but as for almagro I cant see that his won a single game since first round of French open. I think the odds of $2.22 for vesley is very backable and will play heavy of it as a single and definatly in a multi or a treble if I see anything else I like. Also like the look of denis Kudla to beat blaz rola odds a very short but will take them also the line of -4.5 im quite keen on. good luck to all who play something tonite and in the coming days

Back Vasek Pospisil to beat Donald Young for a 7/10 stake at 1.65 with BetVictor Back Lleyton Hewitt to beat John-Patrick Smith for a 7/10 stake at 1.90 with Bet365 Back J.Duckworth/K.Nishikori - Over 2.5 sets for a 5/10 stake at 3.20 with Paddy Power Donald Young did burn me yesterday, but it was all about Haas being poor and throwing away a 4-1 lead in the second, so I'm not reading in that all that much. Pospisil has been fairly consistent recently and the injury worries that prevented him from playing his best in Atlanta should be gone now, so he should be able to get the job done today. Hewitt has been horrible recently, but Smith hasn't beaten anyone particularly strong in recent months either and could face an uphill struggle mentally, so I'll take the 1.90 for the legend. Finally, Nishikori hasn't played since Wimbledon and Duckworth has troubled a few favourites in the past, so I'll be giving him a go by backing the three sets option 3.20. Full preview here: https://www.punterslounge.com/atp-washington-betting-nishikori-cilic-and-querrey-joining-the-citi-open-action-on-tuesday

Back Andy Murray (-5.5) to beat Teimuraz Gabashvili for a 6/10 stake at 1.80 with Paddy Power Back Pablo Cuevas to beat Ricardas Berankis for a 7/10 stake at 3.50 with Betway Back John Isner (-3.5) to beat Victor Estrella for a 7/10 stake at 1.66 with Bet365 The two favourites I'm willing to back today are Andy Murray and John Isner. Not only are they a class or two above their opponents, but their opponents are playing poorly right now, which leads me to back them on the handicap lines. About Isner I'm fairly confident, he was good in Atlanta and Estrella was really poor in the first round here. About Murray - well, it's always about how he approaches the match, isn't it? That's why I'm keeping the stakes slightly lower there, although, if he stays focused, it should be easy for the Scot. As far as the underdogs are concerned, I'm definitely going for Pablo Cuevas. He's versatile and he's beaten better players than Berankis on hard courts before, so the 3.50 looks more than a touch high to me. Full preview here: https://www.punterslounge.com/atp-washington-betting-murray-faces-gabashvili-gasquet-plays-against-muller

Back Marin Cilic (-2.5) to beat Sam Querrey for a 7/10 stake at 1.83 with Paddy Power Back John Isner (-1.5) to beat Vasek Pospisil for a 7/10 stake at 1.73 with Betway Back Richard Gasquet (-3) to beat Jack Sock for a 7/10 stake at 1.76 with 10Bet Bad day yesterday but still a profit for the week after a good Tuesday, so here we go. Querrey looked dreadful against Soeda, unless he ups his performance big time it's going to be an uphill struggle against Cilic, who's the much classier of the two these days. Isner and Gasquet should also win their matches against players that don't seem to be doing particularly well right now. Full preview here: https://www.punterslounge.com/atp-washington-betting-murray-and-anderson-suffer-shock-defeats

Back John Isner (-3) to beat Ricardas Berankis for a 7/10 stake at 1.85 with Betway Back S.Groth Total Games - Over 8.5 for a 7/10 stake at 1.80 with Paddy Power Back A.Zverev/M.Cilic - Over 21.5 games for a 7/10 stake at 1.82 with Unibet Unlucky with Cilic and Gasquet yesterday I have to say, both should've converted the break points they had. Gasquet even threw the entire match away from a dominant lead. Hoping to get back today - Isner should beat Berankis once again, he had no problems against him in Atlanta and nothing has changed since then. Groth could be tricky against Nishikori considering the speed of the courts and how well he's been playing so far. Obvious problems with nerves, but he could even be worth a shot on the moneyline. Finally, can't see too many breaks in Zverev against Cilic, so I'll be going with the overs there. Full preview here: https://www.punterslounge.com/atp-washington-betting-kei-nishikori-the-firm-favourite-for-the-title

Back Marin Cilic to beat Kei Nishikori for a 7/10 stake at 2.80 with BetVictor Back Steve Johnson (+2.5) to beat John Isner for a 7/10 stake at 1.90 with Paddy Power 2-1 yesterday, too bad that Groth couldn't convert his break opportunities. In any case, I fancy both underdogs today. Cilic hasn't been any worse than Nishikori so far in this tournament and he might have the mental advantage in this match-up after the US Open finals, so the 2.80 that BetVictor are offering looks a touch high to me, I wouldn't have the Croat above 2.30. Isner looked hurt against Berankis and the long run in Atlanta seems to be starting to take its toll, so, considering that he's already played a couple of tight matches against Isner, I'll go for the +2.5 games handicap on the world's number fifty-five. Full preview here: https://www.punterslounge.com/atp-washington-betting-a-re-match-of-the-us-open-finals-is-on-the-cards-on-saturday

Back John Isner to beat Kei Nishikori for a 5/10 stake at 2.80 with BetVictor A really strange final looks to be on the cards - both players with injury worries, hard to say what's going on, etc. I'll go with Isner because of the odds, but only at lower stakes. His injury isn't likely to worsen from what I know and he is less reliant on movement in any case, while Nishikori will have to stretch himself all the time and we all know how fragile he is. If both are healthy, Nishikori is the favourite, but they aren't, so I feel that there's value in backing the underdog today. Full preview here: https://www.punterslounge.com/atp-washington-betting-john-isner-one-win-away-from-getting-two-titles-in-two-weeks