** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Paris Saint-Germain v FC Barcelona > Wednesday April 15th

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Paris Saint-Germain v FC Barcelona (19:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.25[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.7[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.56 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

• 3 weeks later...

Re: Paris Saint-Germain v FC Barcelona > Wednesday April 15th PSG team news from whoscored.com

• Laurent Blanc is without key suspended trio Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Serge Aurier and Marco Verratti, which should see Gregory Van der Wiel, Edinson Cavani and Yohan Cabaye start at their expense.
  • Thiago Motta and David Luiz are both injured, which furthers hinders PSG's chances of securing a positive result in this one.
  • Blanc is likely to start with Javier Pastore and Ezequiel Lavezzi in a front three with Edinson Cavani after Lucas Moura admitted he is not capable of playing more than 45 minutes at present following his return from injury.

Re: Paris Saint-Germain v FC Barcelona > Wednesday April 15th Without Motta and Veratti, the midfield could be abit light and less tight. Both players started 23 and 21 games for PSG respectively this season. Their replacements Cabaye only started 10 and Rabiot 7. They van probably get away with missing 1 but 2 could be too much to replace. I'm leaning Barca to win.

Re: Paris Saint-Germain v FC Barcelona > Wednesday April 15th Why on earth are Barcelona priced lower than the first leg at Manchester City? PSG are much better than City in every aspect. PSG playing with 10 men for 90 minutes proved in the previous round that they are no worse than Premier League's leaders that sit 12 points above City in the table. PSG recieve zero credit from the bookmakers for their top class performance in the previous round. I don't care about PSG's missings because they have players of equal quality to replace them. And Ibrahimovic's absence could be a bonus because he is infamous for "hiding" in big matches. Insane odds really. PSG +0.75 high stakes for me.

Re: Paris Saint-Germain v FC Barcelona > Wednesday April 15th 4pts Barcelona to beat PSG 17/20 Ladbrokes PSG won when these two met at the Parc des Princes earlier in the competition but it is hard to see a repeat of that given that they have so many key players out. Barcelona haven’t always been convincing in this competition this season but they showed Man City a clean pair of heels and it could be that the French champions go the same way as the English ones with Barcelona dominating the tie from start to finish. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/psg-vs-barcelona-betting-barcelona-can-take-advantage-of-psg-absentees

Re: Paris Saint-Germain v FC Barcelona > Wednesday April 15th

4pts Barcelona to beat PSG 17/20 Ladbrokes PSG won when these two met at the Parc des Princes earlier in the competition but it is hard to see a repeat of that given that they have so many key players out. Barcelona haven’t always been convincing in this competition this season but they showed Man City a clean pair of heels and it could be that the French champions go the same way as the English ones with Barcelona dominating the tie from start to finish. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/psg-vs-barcelona-betting-barcelona-can-take-advantage-of-psg-absentees
You probably don't remember, but PSG also had a lot of key players out for the match earlier in the competition - Ibrahimovic was absent again, along with skipper Thiago Silva and Ezequiel Lavezzi. It's not as if they beat Barca thanks to having a full strength team at their disposal. Barcelona also approached that match in amazing form - they hadn't conceded a goal yet in all competitions.

PSG team news from whoscored.com
  • Laurent Blanc is without key suspended trio Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Serge Aurier and Marco Verratti, which should see Gregory Van der Wiel, Edinson Cavani and Yohan Cabaye start at their expense.
  • Thiago Motta and David Luiz are both injured, which furthers hinders PSG's chances of securing a positive result in this one.
  • Blanc is likely to start with Javier Pastore and Ezequiel Lavezzi in a front three with Edinson Cavani after Lucas Moura admitted he is not capable of playing more than 45 minutes at present following his return from injury.

Too sad Zlatan will miss the important rivalry and also PSG are quite the underdog in this match. I bet Barca will still win this match

Re: Paris Saint-Germain v FC Barcelona > Wednesday April 15th Be careful , i think its gone be a trap for PSG tonight.. Our Midfield is not good , we have Silva , Marquinhos,Maxwell, Pastore and maybe Cavani against 11 high level players I see a demonstration from Barcelone 1-3 some things like that Barcelona @1.90/2.00 is a great odd , even with the very good home stats of PSG The only player who can change that and make PSG win is Pastore, but alone i don't think he gone make a big difference

Re: Paris Saint-Germain v FC Barcelona > Wednesday April 15th Really like the Barca win here. I dont see them making the same defensive mistakes as they did in the earlier meeting. Especially after a disappointing draw against Sevilla, they'll be looking to tighten things up. Not to mention PZG's missings today.

Re: Paris Saint-Germain v FC Barcelona > Wednesday April 15th PSG-Barcelona Draw @ 3.90 with bet365 Barca are not in the form of their lives right now.As i see it,they are having difficulties at the back with Alves in and today he is out,so i think they will be getting from bad to worse against the bombastic forwarders PSg have.Zlatan is out-no doubt a great player but he hasn't done anything remarkable in Cl for the past few years so i cannot rate him as a great blow.Veratti is the bigger concern but PSG have a long bench(something that Barca don't) and i think they will deal without him.The problem is with Barca.They have a great problem with the coach who i think will be leaving after the season is over no matter how trophies they win this year.He is just not good enough making too many mistakes with the squad.Barca were feeling difficulties against the poor Celta,a game which was decided by 1 goal,than Sevilla almost made them cry when Bravo and Pique made funny mistakes to split the points.When the result was 1:2 to Barca Enrique made a ''tactical'' change by replacing Neymar with Xavi which unevitably led to more defensive style and Sevilla scored the equalizer.This isn't Barca who we all want to see.Barca should not sit back,passing the ball around,waiting to win by 1:2 against Sevilla.They should go forward looking for another one to score.After their recent games on the road i can't believe The Spaniards will go to Paris and win the game just because Veratti is out for the home team.Pique and Enrique are doing whatever they can to keep Real close to them in La Liga and with both available for tonight there is no way on earth i can be on Barca.Tonight i see a lot of troubles for their defence especially with Dani ALves out and Pique-in.Do whatever you have to do but i am on the Draw here.

Re: Paris Saint-Germain v FC Barcelona > Wednesday April 15th I will skip the result where anything can happen if we are really honest and look closely at these two. Goals look more likely to me than siding with a result. Blanc has said that PSG aren't afraid of Barca and that this could be seen from the group matches. He specifically said they can find joy through "quick, direct attacks on the Barcelona defence" which unsettled them last time. I have to agree with Blanc that Barca's defense isn't as good as it's attack and this is rarely exposed because the Spaniards always have the ball and usually score a lot. On the other side of the equation, Sirigu, Maxwell, Marquinhos and Van der Wiel can only hope to stop the Barca attack. Thiago Silva is the only guy in the back line tonight with both world class quality and great experience. Aurier has been playing in the defence recently and he and Luiz are both out. In France it was 3-2 and in Spain 3-1, both home sides winning, so the precedent for goals, BTTS etc is there. PSG have half the starters out but Cavani, Lavezzi, Pastore, Matuidi, Cabaye, Moura combined, can surely net at least once. I will back over 2.5 once it reaches evens then possibly trade out early if early goals fly in. PSG can't be cautious as they know they probably won't win in Spain so they need to get a good result here and from Blanc's comments, he won't be hiding and sitting back in this match. He needs to make it count.

Re: Paris Saint-Germain v FC Barcelona > Wednesday April 15th Think the PSG odds are too high, it would take a brave man to bet on them straight up with the missings in midfield but its hardly like they are fielding a youth team. Likely line-up will be Sirigu; Van der Wiel, Thiago Silva, Marquinhos, Maxwell; Rabiot, Cabaye, Matuidi; Lavezzi, Cavani, Pastore. David Luiz is in the squad so you can't rule him out totally but he is unlikely to start, Lucas can't play more than 45mins currently. PSG showed a great deal of belief in the last round against Chelsea as well as a lot of quality don't think there will be the mental problems we see with some sides when they get further in the competition. If Veratti was available they would look in better shape but on a positive handicap I think they are worth a play, as we saw last night the quarter finals rarely produce big wins and this match looks likely to be tight. Barcelona will play as they always do but I think PSG will relish the underdog role in their own stadium, Matuidi will press heavily in midfield and Rabiot comes in but is highly thought of - limiting the supply to the dangerous front three will be key. PSG are a superb home side and have an good defence, after their win in the group stages against the same side I don't think they have anything to fear. Both teams to score seems a sensible play too considering the recent results between the two, would have come in the last 3 matches. PSG +0.5,+1.0AH - 1.95 - bet365 - 5 Points Both Teams to Score - 1.8 - betfred - 5 Points

Re: Paris Saint-Germain v FC Barcelona > Wednesday April 15th I just can't skip the chance on betting in 2 out of 3 possible results at these odds. Paris hasn't lost in their home for 33 european games (that's 9 years), they have beat Barca already once this season and as we saw at Saturday at the Sevilla - Barcelona game, the Blaugrana made a very strong start but in the second half lost their stamina. Paris or Draw @ 1.96 Marathonbet

Re: Paris Saint-Germain v FC Barcelona > Wednesday April 15th My shots on target stats for both sides suggests PSG could be value here. And Barca sometimes seem to under-perform in big away games like this. I'm not convinced that PSG missing a few big names will hamper them too much.

Think the PSG odds are too high, it would take a brave man to bet on them straight up with the missings in midfield but its hardly like they are fielding a youth team. Likely line-up will be Sirigu; Van der Wiel, Thiago Silva, Marquinhos, Maxwell; Rabiot, Cabaye, Matuidi; Lavezzi, Cavani, Pastore. David Luiz is in the squad so you can't rule him out totally but he is unlikely to start, Lucas can't play more than 45mins currently. PSG showed a great deal of belief in the last round against Chelsea as well as a lot of quality don't think there will be the mental problems we see with some sides when they get further in the competition. If Veratti was available they would look in better shape but on a positive handicap I think they are worth a play, as we saw last night the quarter finals rarely produce big wins and this match looks likely to be tight. Barcelona will play as they always do but I think PSG will relish the underdog role in their own stadium, Matuidi will press heavily in midfield and Rabiot comes in but is highly thought of - limiting the supply to the dangerous front three will be key. PSG are a superb home side and have an good defence, after their win in the group stages against the same side I don't think they have anything to fear. Both teams to score seems a sensible play too considering the recent results between the two, would have come in the last 3 matches. PSG +0.5,+1.0AH - 1.95 - bet365 - 5 Points LOST Both Teams to Score - 1.8 - betfred - 5 Points WON
Fair to say PSG were pretty hopeless tonight, didn't look for a minute like they believed they could beat Barca. Small loss for the night.

Fair to say PSG were pretty hopeless tonight' date=' didn't look for a minute like they believed they could beat Barca. Small loss for the night.[/quote'] Barca win was well deserved from what I saw. The three amigos up front for Barca were a constant menace once they went ahead.