** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Manchester United v Stoke City > Tuesday December 2nd

Aidymac

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Manchester United v Stoke City (19:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.46[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]9[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]99.60 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Manchester United v Stoke City > Tuesday December 2nd Few replies, so here's mine. 8pts - United to win at 4/9 3pts - United to win -1 handicap at 6/5 United, injuries aside, are an improving side. The weekend's win was controlled and comprehensive. With Fellaini playing well, Carrick back and in form and a dangerous front three, I feel that they will go on a run of victories at home. There is definite value on United at the moment, so I will stay on them u brilliant the bookies' odds are back in line with expectation. I think they win this fixture 4/5 times and will do so handsomely. Definite value and, depending on line ups, I may take them on a corner handicap too.

Re: Manchester United v Stoke City > Tuesday December 2nd Some could say that United are rising. but if take a closer look, they won totally undeserved at Arsenal, while Hull seems to me at this point as the worse in form PL team. Without Di Maria, who is absolutely key player I would never make any bet on this UTD side. Stoke is probably the most unpredictable team in the league and they seem to be playing much better on the road (wins at T'ham and City) and they shuld have earned more at Anfield. Bojan seems to be in great form and with Diouf and Crouch they certainly have potential to cause some problems tonight. For me this is no bet match. Gun to the head, some handicaps on Stoke comes to mind, but no bet on UTD at this circumstances.

Re: Manchester United v Stoke City > Tuesday December 2nd A few things to consider here... United without DI Maria but have Rooney back. Only Chelsea have won more home games (6) than United and Saints. United have won 4 1st half games, conceding just 2 1st half goals in 7. Falcao will be fit for the game. Will van Gaal go 4-4-2 van Persie and Falcao upfront ? To me the Man United HT/FT is worth a punt. Look it is riskier, but the odds of 2.3 are decent for a 2 unit bet here. I would go back on my bet as rooney and di maria not playing

Re: Manchester United v Stoke City > Tuesday December 2nd I wouldn't equate Stoke with Arsenal though. Arsenal always have a lot of the ball at home. By contrast, Stoke are less robust defensively than they used to be, are unpredictable and I just can't see them keeping United out.

Re: Manchester United v Stoke City > Tuesday December 2nd Odds have dropped from the average opener (look at Aidy's post) during these last few days and then plummeted up from noon today up to now. If there is anytime to pick the asian line on the hosts it is now. ManU -1 @ evens look good for those that fancy them. By now I mean at least half hour before kick-off, usually a mess happens in the last minutes. I'd make a note once more of what Yiddo last said, Stoke are on the up this last month comapred to the opening matches of this season and are quite strangely a better team while away and an underdog. City, Spurs and Pool may note be your preferable sample to compare (Spurs blowing hot and cold especially @ home, same for the other two in general) but they are strong teams and there is too much risk involved of what is the new Wigan if you will, this Stoke side. I'd rather go in the poorer goals market with smaller stake than this indifferent price on the hosts even though it is up. Stoke have been close to scoring in all the matches that they didn't, these last month, and I'd fancy them to do it here. Odds are not that bad really. Regards

Re: Manchester United v Stoke City > Tuesday December 2nd One thing I have noticed in recent weeks is a big improvement in United's defence. Was a back to the walls job against Man City who won 1-0, but defended well at home to Palace, didn't concede for 95 minutes away to Arsenal and another clean sheet against Hull.. De Gea is the main reason for this but I think United can keep a clean sheet again tonight against Stoke who did ok at Anfield at the weekend but two tough away games in a row is not good for the players morale after losing at home to the worst team in the league. I think Van Gaal has worked hard on the defensive side of things over the last few weeks and I am sure his number 1 priority is not to concede a goal first and foremost, as the attacking players are plentiful in RVP, Falcao, Mata etc etc. United to win to Nil is 13/8 with Bet365, a very decent price imo.

Re: Manchester United v Stoke City > Tuesday December 2nd Good point m8, I do underestimate united. When ashley young saves a goal from the line, that's what it is about. De gea is amazing. I'm curious, I looked at a table earlier of the ManU -1 at the asians (average of pinny, sbo and others), it went up from 1.7 to 2.0 in less than an hour at 16 pm today. I guess you know the limits and how the lines would move at say pinny, what kind of money would do that?

Re: Manchester United v Stoke City > Tuesday December 2nd

I'm curious, I looked at a table earlier of the ManU -1 at the asians (average of pinny, sbo and others), it went up from 1.7 to 2.0 in less than an hour at 16 pm today. I guess you know the limits and how the lines would move at say pinny, what kind of money would do that?
I don't know, but I'm guessing for a Man United match with a bookmaker like Pinnacle you'd be talking tens or hundreds of thousands, maybe millions?