FA Cup > November 18th - 20th

Aidymac

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Tuesday 18 November 2014[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Accrington Stanley v Notts County (19:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.7[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.3[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.6[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]105.80 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]AFC Telford United v Basingstoke Town (19:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.37[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.3[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.12[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]104.41 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]AFC Wimbledon v York City (19:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.37[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.3[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.12[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]104.41 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Aldershot Town v Portsmouth (19:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.12[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.3[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.37[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]104.41 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Mansfield Town v Concord Rangers (19:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.33[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.8[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]10[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]105.85 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Rochdale v Northampton Town (19:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.55[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]6.5[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]104.90 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Sheffield United v Crewe Alexandra (19:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.44[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]8[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]103.97 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Shrewsbury Town v Walsall (19:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.37[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.3[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.12[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]104.41 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Southport v Dagenham & Redbridge (19:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.12[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.3[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]104.89 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Weston-super-Mare v Doncaster Rovers (19:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]11[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]5.2[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.3[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]105.24 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: FA Cup > Tuesday November 18th Accrington-Notts I´m here on Notts. This is the replay Game and in First Game, Notts are the better team, but Accrington fights hard and maybe deserved this Replay Game tomorow. On Accrington Side will be missing O´Sullivan and Maguiere because these two are on loan and not available for FA Cup Games. So the same like first Game. Buxton and Barry are in training and maybe booth will come to play. On other Side Notts Keeper Caroll will be playing his 3rd Game in 5 Days, but for me this is easier to handle as a goalkeeper, then he was an player. So no big blow for me here. Petrasso and Dumbuya are on international Games so, not good for the Magpies here. So also the on Loan Player Mc Laughlin the back up Player for Petrossa also can not playing in this Game. So Notts must be creative on the Left MF Position. But nothing to say about the strong Notts Games away. In League they are with 5-3-0 a very strong team. Accrington are not so bad at home, but for me Notts are tomorow favourit, specialy by these odds. Also motivating for booth teams, that the winner have got an Home Game in Next Round against Notts League Rivals Yeovil. So motivaiton enough because it´s not that Hard Game in Round 2. For me so with little stakes: Notts @ 2.45 2/10 Marathonbet

Re: FA Cup > Tuesday November 18th 3pts Aldershot vs Portsmouth - Draw 5/2 Betfred Both these sides could do with a few quid from the cup which should add to the competitiveness of this game. We saw in the first match that there isn’t a huge amount of difference between the two sides. Aldershot had even less to lose that day than they do here which could make a difference but Portsmouth have been horrible on the road so I can see this staying fairly close throughout and it may need more than 90 minutes to see the tie. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/aldershot-vs-portsmouth-betting-hampshire-derby-can-end-all-square-after-90-minutes

Re: FA Cup > Tuesday November 18th FA Cup: AFC Telford- Basingstoke Town There is a very nice reward for the winner of this tie, a road trip to play League 1 leaders Bristol City in R2, which is pretty much the most "glamourous" game a non league team could get at this stage of the competition, apart ,perhaps, from a trip to Bramall Lane to face Sheffield United. I doubt either set of players will lack motivation , it is an opportunity to earn some much needed funds and a break from run of the mill games, a very big deal for non league players. Hosts are bottom of the Conference Premier, already seven points from safety and look set for a quick return to the Conference North which they left last season, they have been yo-yo-ing for a couple of season and were relegated in 2012-13 having won just six matches from 46 starts.At this stage of the campaign that season, they had double the points they have now and through their last 52 starts in the Premier, they are 4-15-33 and in truth, are a top flight team only in name. They have already lost six home starts thi time round and are weaker than usual this evening, left sided midfielder Sean Clancy ( started 19 of 20 league games) and central defender Neill Byrne (also played in 19 of 20) are both unavailable, goalkeeper Freddy Hall who has been brought in as replacement for Jonathan Hedge is cup-tied. New loan signings Karl Ledsham and Kyle Brownhill are ineligible to play and boss Liam Watson is hoping some of his other walking wounded can at least find their way onto the bench, as he had a maximum of 14 he could pick from yesterday morning. Town are 4th in the Conference South, just five points off the top, with games iin hand on all three teams above them in the table, so it is far from impossible that the visitors could be the team playing at a higher level next season. The first game ended 1-1, Town had enough chances to have won after conceding early and getting back on level terms shortly after the break. A sluggish start was perhaps understandable as they were missing four strikers and had to change their formation completely, with Chris Flood playing up front on his own. They get Manny Williams and Liam Enver-Marum back from suspension this evening and will be looking for a return to their form and performances of a couple of weeks ago, with a far more recognised line up and shape and I take them to edge this. 1 unit Basingstoke Town to win 2.70-2.80 general quote.

Re: FA Cup > Tuesday November 18th

Thoughts on Aldershot from the non league experts? I'm always keen to oppose Portsmouth away from home.
Very inconsistent and a team I have struggled to get right this season because of that. Play like they did in the first game though and they have a chance. Sent from my GT-I8190N using PL Forum

Re: FA Cup > Tuesday November 18th Amazed to see that Basingstoke are now favs against AFC Telford. Essentially not much between these two teams as the tables suggest and if Basingstoke were to go up then I would imagine they would be close to where Telford are in the Conference. Not much between the two sides in the first game and I am tempted to back Telford from a value point of view as they have been doing pretty well at home of late.

Are you not going on Doncaster on the handicap Addpea? Sent from my HTC One using PL Forum
Well not surprisngly the odds against price I got last time is now odds on and that doesm't hold as much appeal. I had a bad day on Saturday as well which is putting me offlumping on anything as well. I will probably play on the -2 handicap though at bigger odds as I still think Donny shouldwin with ease.

Thoughts on Aldershot from the non league experts? I'm always keen to oppose Portsmouth away from home.
I'd like to think that man for man we'd have no problem but we haven't been great this season. Its been OK in fits an spurts. I thought Awford really missed the point when he bemoaned Robinson's sending off for not gaining a win (he may have just been trying to spin a positive out of it). Regardless of the sending off we conceded poor goals and let them into the game too much. After going ahead early on we rested on our laurels, possibly expecting to win a bit too much because of the gap in league status. Hopefully Awfs will be able to gee us up for the second leg, and cut out the sloppiness at the back!

Amazed to see that Basingstoke are now favs here ainst AFC Telford. Essentially not much between these two teams as the tables suggest and if Basingstoke were to go up then I would imagine they would be close to where Telford are in the Conference. Not much between the two sides in the first game and I am tempted to back Telford from a value point of view as they have been doing pretty well at home of late.
I am also at odds to understand why Basingstoke are favourites away at Telford like add pea the value for me is very much on Telford so at 7-4 i have invested a few quid

Thanks Addpea and Bromsgrovegreen for the Telford info' date=' had a few quid on at 19/10. Appreciated.[/quote'] Glad they held on for you. Boy do I wish the Doncaster game had gone ahead last week. Frustrating when that happens but at least I got the payout on the -2. Sent from my GT-I8190N using PL Forum

Accrington-Notts I´m here on Notts. This is the replay Game and in First Game, Notts are the better team, but Accrington fights hard and maybe deserved this Replay Game tomorow. On Accrington Side will be missing O´Sullivan and Maguiere because these two are on loan and not available for FA Cup Games. So the same like first Game. Buxton and Barry are in training and maybe booth will come to play. On other Side Notts Keeper Caroll will be playing his 3rd Game in 5 Days, but for me this is easier to handle as a goalkeeper, then he was an player. So no big blow for me here. Petrasso and Dumbuya are on international Games so, not good for the Magpies here. So also the on Loan Player Mc Laughlin the back up Player for Petrossa also can not playing in this Game. So Notts must be creative on the Left MF Position. But nothing to say about the strong Notts Games away. In League they are with 5-3-0 a very strong team. Accrington are not so bad at home, but for me Notts are tomorow favourit, specialy by these odds. Also motivating for booth teams, that the winner have got an Home Game in Next Round against Notts League Rivals Yeovil. So motivaiton enough because it´s not that Hard Game in Round 2. For me so with little stakes: Notts @ 2.45 2/10 Marathonbet
FT 2:1 Sorry

Re: FA Cup > Tuesday November 18th Thursday preview: 4pts Stevenage to beat Maidstone Evs Betfred Stevenage have a pretty decent cup pedigree and while I don’t think they will be without their scary moments in this replay I would expect that pedigree to come through. Since the original tie they’ve seen only two non league sides stand between them and the big boys in the third round so I’m expecting a concerted effort from the away side and once they’ve ridden Maidstone’s early storm Stevenage can seal a trip to Wrexham with a win. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/maidstone-vs-stevenage-betting-stevenage-can-see-off-determined-maidstone

Re: FA Cup > November 18th & 19th Stevenage's away form has been rubbish this season having only won once on their travels. Maidstone lost for the first time at home on Saturday in the FA Trophy and they only dropped their first points at home in the league last Wednesday against Dulwich. Granted Maidstone and Margate look a class above in the Ryman Premier but even so it is clear the 3g pitch holds an advantage for them. Stevenage are leaky on the road as well having conceded 2 or more goals in five of their last six games. They may well live to regret not seeing Maidstone off in the first game which they probably should have done.

Re: FA Cup > November 18th & 19th Aldershot v Portsmouth I know Pompey fan Jase disagrees somewhat, but I see this game as a bit of a derby. Because the two clubs are quite close to each other and within easy reach by road and rail. A lot of Aldershot fans went to Portsmouth for the first game. And you can be sure a lot of Portsmouth fans will travel to Aldershot tonight. Although not a real derby like, say, Liverpool v Everton, the ease of travelling and number of fans travelling give it a derby 'flavour'. Tonight I think Portsmouth will have the edge - the pressure will be slightly more on Aldershot as they are the home side. I wouldn't be surprised to see Portsmouth win in a relatively high-scoring game.

Re: FA Cup > November 18th & 19th

Aldershot v Portsmouth I know Pompey fan Jase disagrees somewhat, but I see this game as a bit of a derby. Because the two clubs are quite close to each other and within easy reach by road and rail. A lot of Aldershot fans went to Portsmouth for the first game. And you can be sure a lot of Portsmouth fans will travel to Aldershot tonight. Although not a real derby like, say, Liverpool v Everton, the ease of travelling and number of fans travelling give it a derby 'flavour'. Tonight I think Portsmouth will have the edge - the pressure will be slightly more on Aldershot as they are the home side. I wouldn't be surprised to see Portsmouth win in a relatively high-scoring game.
But then you could say that loads of games are derby games based on the fact they are easy to get to. I think history has the bigger factor when it comes to what games you would classify are derby matches. Surely Portsmouth would have had a big away support whoever they were playing?

Aldershot v Portsmouth I know Pompey fan Jase disagrees somewhat, but I see this game as a bit of a derby. Because the two clubs are quite close to each other and within easy reach by road and rail. '..
Depends what you class as a derby mate? If you're purely talking about the locality, then yes, we are very close. But does the location ultimately mean it to be a different contest.. What factors make the derby a different prospect in which the game unfolds? I suppose there is less travel time for the away side which could be a factor, things like the time both clubs have for planning and strategy would be equal as there wouldn't be any overnight stays etc.

Re: FA Cup > November 18th & 19th Aldershot v Portsmouth I won't be surprised if it will finish 2-2 just like 10 days ago. I don't trust Portsmouth - they let me down too many times but I think there will be goals in this one and over 2,5 goals being close to Evens - I'll take that. Over 2,5 goals - @19/20 1st Half - over 0,5 goals - @4/11 Aldershot - first team goal before 57 min - @5/6 (bet365)

But then you could say that loads of games are derby games based on the fact they are easy to get to. I think history has the bigger factor when it comes to what games you would classify are derby matches. Surely Portsmouth would have had a big away support whoever they were playing?
I agree history is a factor, but I think closeness and ease of travelling are others. It doesn't really matter that much. But the point is if the 'home' club is either close by or easy to get to for away fans, it often tends to attract a large away following and add an extra 'edge' to the whole game. Portsmouth are well supported but obviously the closer their opponents, the more fans they will tend to have. Looking at the map, I think the only football league or Premier League club closer than are nearer than Aldershot is Southampton, although google states that Bournemouth takes less time to reach by road (more motorway I think). According to google these are the travelling distances from Aldershot to nearby clubs: Southampton - 35 mins Bournemouth - 58 mins Aldershot - 59 mins http://www.myfootygrounds.co.uk/AreaMap.asp?view=ENGLAND So I reckon there's more of an 'edge' to Aldershot v Portsmouth than most games. I think was true in the first game, and will also be true tonight.

I agree history is a factor, but I think closeness and ease of travelling are others. It doesn't really matter that much. But the point is if the 'home' club is either close by or easy to get to for away fans, it often tends to attract a large away following and add an extra 'edge' to the whole game. Portsmouth are well supported but obviously the closer their opponents, the more fans they will tend to have. Looking at the map, I think the only football league or Premier League club closer than are nearer than Aldershot is Southampton, although google states that Bournemouth takes less time to reach by road (more motorway I think). According to google these are the travelling distances from Aldershot to nearby clubs: Southampton - 35 mins Bournemouth - 58 mins Aldershot - 59 mins http://www.myfootygrounds.co.uk/AreaMap.asp?view=ENGLAND So I reckon there's more of an 'edge' to Aldershot v Portsmouth than most games. I think was true in the first game, and will also be true tonight.
You seem to have left off Aldershot's actual Derby which is Reading the two are only separated by 16 miles Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: FA Cup > November 18th - 20th

Westley has been very critical of Maidstone's 3G pitch in the last few days. Surely such a pitch would help Westley's preferred direct tactics?
Getting in his excuses early no doubt which clearly suggests he is worried they won't win. I've never seen them play at home so I don't know how it will play, but I would have said it would help passing football because it doesn't get muddy. Dulwich who were the first team to leave with anything last week play a passing game and that in my view would help lessen the advantage Maidstone have off always playing on a 3g pitch. I am really interested to watch tonight to see how it does compare to a grass pitch.

You seem to have left off Aldershot's actual Derby which is Reading the two are only separated by 16 miles
I was talking from a Portsmouth perspective (sorry when I said travelling distance from Aldershot, I actually meant travelling distance from Portsmouth :)). I am aware of Aldershot v Reading.