** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

NBA Regular Season matches 2014/15

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Re: NBA Regular Season matches 2014/15

Marcin Gortat under 14.5pts 5pts @ 10/13 Bet365 Magic (+6.5) to bt Knicks 5pts @ 10/11 Bet365 Magic (+3) to bt Knicks 2pts @ 31/20 Bet365 Trail Blazers (+2.5) to bt Nuggets 7pts @ 10/11 Bet365 Trail Blazers (-4) to bt Nuggets 3pts @ 21/10 Bet365
All green after too much red of late! Gortat shot 14pts so we sneaked under the line. Orlando held it together down the stretch after a back and forth battle the whole way - a crucial 5 minute spell in the final quarter where they held NY to just 2pts proved crucial as they turned around a 5pt deficit to take the lead for good, surviving a late Melo trey to win the match. Portland - wow! An 84pt first half proved unsurprisingly insurmountable for the Blazers and they beat the Nuggets comfortably for the 2nd time inside a week. 29-32-0 Staked 272pts Returns 270.28pts P/L ... -1.72pts

Re: NBA Regular Season matches 2014/15 Only 1 for me tonight. It's my little man's birthday so I likely won't get a chance to look at the player props til much later, so plan on just leaving it for tonight. The one line that has caught my eye is Bulls @ Raptors UNDER 197pts 6pts @ 5/6 Bet365 Bulls @ Raptors UNDER 190pts 2.5pts @ 8/5 Bet365 Toronto lead the league in scoring at 107ppg BUT they've had a pretty soft schedule thus far and they come up against a Chicago team boasting the 5th best FGM/A ratio at .427 tonight. Toronto can't boast a top-5 ratio like that, but what they do do is limit the amount of looks their opposition actually get - averaging only 78 attempts per game which is good for 4th in the league. Last season's 4 meetings between these 2 mustered a top total of just 186, and my feeling is this line is a touch high based on the recent history between the teams. I'm hoping for a low-90s/high-80s war of attrition between them for the 6th time in a row Good luck all

Re: NBA Regular Season matches 2014/15 Well done on the wins Samba_SamPa much deserved as of recent stings... Hot Teams -- Grizzlies won six of their last seven games (1-2 H). -- Toronto won its last five games (4-1 vs spread). Bulls won five of last six games (0-0 U). -- Dallas won five of its last seven games (2-2 HF). -- Nets won four of last six games (1-2 AU). Cold Teams -- Sacramento lost last two games, both by 8 points, after winning its previous five games. -- 76ers are 0-7, but covered three of last four games. -- Golden State lost last two games after winning first five (2-1 HF). Series Records -- Kings lost 11 of last 12 games with Memphis. -- Raptors won four of last six games with Chicago. -- 76ers lost six of their last seven games with Dallas (1-6 vs spread). -- Nets lost three of last four games with Golden State. Totals -- Five of last six Memphis games stayed under. -- Five of last seven Chicago games went over. -- Mavericks' last four games stayed under the total. -- Five of seven Brooklyn games went over the total.

Bulls @ Raptors UNDER 197pts 6pts @ 5/6 Bet365 Bulls @ Raptors UNDER 190pts 2.5pts @ 8/5 Bet365
Didn't get chance to post yesterday, but Chicago won this one 100-93 the night before to bring in the main stake 30-33-0 Staked 279.5pts Returns 281.28pts P/L ... +1.78pts

Re: NBA Regular Season matches 2014/15 Magic (+9) to bt Wizards 6pts @ 10/11 Bet365 Orlando have turned a corner of late, in both performances and results. And they now have Victor Oladipo back in the fold - last season's #2 draft pick averaged almost 14ppg in his rookie year and will only improve with that behind him. The Magic have won 4 of their last 6, and were in position to win the other 2, and are actually 6-1 ATS in their last 7. Washington have the better record at 6-2 and will most probably win the game, but they haven't won with any particular authority in their last couple at home - beating Pistons and Pacers by a combined 6 and failing to cover in both. I do think Wiz probably win, but by only a handful - not a double handful

Re: NBA Regular Season matches 2014/15 Cavaliers (-11.5) to bt Nuggets 6pts @ 10/11 Bet365 Denver actually turned up in Indiana a couple games back to register a win against the shorthanded Pacers, but outwith that performance their road games have seen defeats by 11, 22, 16 & 16. They allowed the Knicks to stop a 7-game losing streak when going down 93-109 at MSG last night, and things only get harder with a trip to Cleveland to face a Cavaliers side finally starting to show some evidence of their newly acquired parts meshing together. The Cavs absolutely annihilated the Hawks 2 nights ago by 33pts, with 39 of their 49 made FGs being assisted as they zipped the ball with the ease that was expected prior to the season starting. LeBron's working his way closer to sharpness, and he got a bit of a breather playing just 28 minutes the other night. Cleveland won by 9 in Denver last week, have won every game since, and can cover what is a hefty line tonight.

Re: NBA Regular Season matches 2014/15 Rockets/Grizzlies UNDER 187.5pts 7pts @ 10/11 Bet365 This line instinctively looks too high for a clash between the top 2 scoring defenses this season. Houston's offense has stumbled since returning from Mexico last week, but their defense has shown no such ill effects, grinding their opposition's average down under 89ppg. The Grizzlies don't have a potent offense at the best of times, never mind up against the Rockets' D - but they do have a stifling defense which gives up only 91.3ppg. I'm happily taking an under of this line in a game where it wouldn't be surprising should neither reach 90pts 76ers (+16.5) to bt Spurs 5pts @ 10/11 Bet365 76ers (+10.5) to bt Spurs 2pts @ 2/1 Bet365 76ers @ Spurs UNDER 196pts 7pts @ 20/23 Coral Yes, I am taking the 0-9 76ers to cover on their trip to the reigning champions :unsure They were blown out in their 2 games prior to their most recent game in Houston, but in the other 3 of their last 5 games they have lost by a combined 6pts! They ran a jaded Rockets close in Houston the other day, and now travel to an aging Spurs lineup whom Coach Pop suggested were a little weary at the culmination of their 4-game road trip in Sacramento. They travel to face LeBron and the Cavs after tonight's 1-game stop off in San Antonio, and it would seem prudent to limit the wear on the likes of Manu and Duncan given they will continue to be without the services of Belinelli, Splitter and Mills. Spurs visited the free-scoring - even freer-conceding Lakers last week and they both scored and conceded way way under the Lakers' averages in a 173pt ballgame. Philly haven't scored more than 91 in 5 away games and only 1 of those 5 would have went over tonight's totals line. I'd expect the home side to try and set a sedate pace to this one tonight and rely on the quality not quantity of their shooting before moving to tougher challenges that lie ahead.

Cavaliers (-11.5) to bt Nuggets 6pts @ 10/11 Bet365
Rockets/Grizzlies UNDER 187.5pts 7pts @ 10/11 Bet365 76ers (+16.5) to bt Spurs 5pts @ 10/11 Bet365 76ers (+10.5) to bt Spurs 2pts @ 2/1 Bet365 76ers @ Spurs UNDER 196pts 7pts @ 20/23 Coral
Houston top-ranking defense shipped 119pts. The abysmal Nuggets ran into a Cavs side shooting their most abysmally. Spurs limited the minutes for all of their firsts and still comfortably bt the 76ers 32-37-0 Staked 312.5pts Returns 306.09pts P/L ... -6.41pts Lakers @ Hawks OVER 211pts 8pts @ 10/11 Bet365 Atlanta average just shy of 105pts at home so far this season, which through a complex mathematical equation factoring into account the fact they have averaged that against non-Lakers teams means they should score approximately 349pts against the actual Lakers tonight! Seriously though, that average against Pacers, Knicks, Jazz & Heat teams who combine to allow opponents to score an average of 97.8ppg, bodes well tonight when they face a Lakers team who allow opponents almost 15ppg MORE. Lakers can of course contribute to the final tally too against the =22nd defense, and with Nick Young scheduled to come off the bench for his season debut to add a further offensive weapon Knicks @ Bucks UNDER 192pts 6pts @ 10/11 Bet365 Milwaukee's 4 home games so far have seen totals of 174, 181, 185 & 163pts, and they face a Knicks team who outwith Melo aren't prolific scorers and rank 25th in terms of ppg this season. The Bucks don't even have a Melo however and rank 28th with an average of under 92ppg. I am maybe a little reticent to get too over-confident after the Rockets-Grizz game last night, but this line definitely looks plenty high enough. Pelicans (-2.5) to bt Kings 4pts @ 7/4 Ladbrokes I favour the dogs in this one, with NO's backcourt of Davis and Asik more than up to the task of quieting the scoring and rebounding of DeMarcus and placing the onus firmly on Gay to contribute the bulk of the offense. Tyreke Evans averaged 26ppg on his 2 appearances back where he started in Sacramento last season and if he can stay within a reasonable distance of Gay then the box-filling prowess of Anth Davis can hopefully prove the difference between 2 WC teams who will both be viewing the games against each other as important stepping stones to possible playoff appearances

Re: NBA Regular Season matches 2014/15 followed you on the pelicans.. Was a good win.. Sacramento are playing well and have some good structure but have definitely been given too much respect.. Got to take advantage of these types of games while its still early in the season >>>> on that note another one of these games I believe is the Mavs game tonight. They playing some decent bball atm with tonight being there last game on the road. DAL Mavericks (-2.0) tb WAS Wizards Was at -2 when I put on now is at -2.5 was at -1.5 last night.. LA Clippers @ ORL Magic ( Under 204.0 ) SAN Spurs (+2.0) tb CLE Cavs I know its still early in the season, but I reckon Spurs need to get some more wins on their belt. Problem is Cavs have no system in place yet and Papavich is sure to take advantage. Lebron would have a better chance if this was later in the year IMO. Good Luck

Re: NBA Regular Season matches 2014/15 Late finish, then badminton too, so I'm on the clock, so brevity is the order of the day unfortunately... Celtics @ 76ers UNDER 213.5pts 5pts @ 10/11 Bet365 Boston have shipped points aplenty with some woeful aptitude in the defensive end so far this season, but this is a game that must surely be marked down in the winnable column. Philly have slumped offensively during their recent 4-game road trip, and it taskes a leap of faith to assume they will suddenly find their range for being back at home. If the Celtics can hold it together and limit the 6ers to shoot under .450 then they can both keep the home side out of the W column and improve on their defensive efficiency Later tipoffs to come

Re: NBA Regular Season matches 2014/15 Suns (-2.5) to bt Pistons 7pts @ 10/11 Bet365 Suns (-8) to bt Pistons 3pts @ 21/10 Bet365 Detroit are a team - along with a few others - I am definitely 'down' on until they start showing more. I missed opposing them the other night at home to Orlando, not making the same mistake again. Phoenix arrive in town with a dynamic young guard-heavy lineup that can have too much energy for a Pistons team who have disappointed so far, never more so than on Monday night when they allowed the Magic to shoot almost 52% and win by 14pts. Phoenix won in Boston last time, and having seen how Orlando had success they can work themselves good looks against this Pistons team, whilst on the other end they should have Tucker back in the team which will only benefit them. Grizzlies (+6) to bt Raptors 5pts @ 10/11 Bet365 Grizzlies (-2) to bt Raptors 2pts @ 13/5 Bet365 WC leaders meet EC leaders, and this is essentially a play against the East. Even though the Raptors swept Memphis last season, I feel compelled to take the team who have compiled the best record in the nba, are 19-6 against the East since the start of last season, come into the game on the back of probably their best performance so far, AND are getting half a dozen points!

Re: NBA Regular Season matches 2014/15 Small loss for me last night on an evening of fine lines. I went to bed at 2am looking ok for a sweep, and woke up to find a missed FT with 1.0 seconds remaining for Phoenix meant a near 14pt swing against me, and the Grizz had thrown away the win and only covered the line. Will update totals when on computer tomorrow. Congrats to Norki for 2 winners and 0 losers :cheers On to tonight quickly and whilst we correctly opposed the Kings the other night, I think they're well worth backing against the Bulls. Shorn of Rose and Gasol for this game, they're going to need a huge game from Noah to contain Cousins Firstly - add in the proficiency Gay is displaying this season averaging almost 22ppg and I struggle to see the Bulls being able to put up the necessary offense without the injured stars to cause too much trouble to Sacramento. Kings (-3) to bt Bulls 8pts @ 20/21 Bet365 Sent from my GT-I9300 using PL Forum

Celtics @ 76ers UNDER 213.5pts 5pts @ 10/11 Bet365
Suns (-2.5) to bt Pistons 7pts @ 10/11 Bet365 Suns (-8) to bt Pistons 3pts @ 21/10 Bet365 Grizzlies (+6) to bt Raptors 5pts @ 10/11 Bet365 Grizzlies (-2) to bt Raptors 2pts @ 13/5 Bet365
Kings (-3) to bt Bulls 8pts @ 20/21 Bet365
37-41-0 Staked 360.5pts Returns 367.08pts P/L ... +6.58pts

Re: NBA Regular Season matches 2014/15 Suns @ 76ers UNDER 208pts 6pts @ 10/11 On recent form the 76ers will struggle to put up enough points to enable the game total to get this high. They shoot a league low of 88.6pts, and things are so bad Papa Johns, who offer registered fans of clubs a certain discount when their team wins, have had to scrap the necessity of their team winning for Philly fans and instead class their side scoring 90+ pts as a 'win' :loon They're shooting a team average of .402 and only 2 of their players - Wroten & Carter Williams - average in double figures

Re: NBA Regular Season matches 2014/15 Spurs (-11) to bt Timberwolves 7pts @ 20/21 Bet365 The Spurs are on a 5-1 run, and in those 5 wins are victories at the Clippers, the Warriors and the Cavaliers - all of whom would be better teams than a full strength Minnesota team. The Spurs won't have to face anything resembling a full strength TWolves however - the home side will be without their top points scorer, their top rebounder, their top assister!! San Antonio didn't concede less than 94pts in a game in opening 2-3, but through their last 6 they have conceded just 87.3. They've also upped their average by 4ppg and are averaging 96.8ppg through their current 5-1 run. Against a severely depleted and shorthanded TWolves then current champions should be able to something considerable to spare Wizards (ml) to bt Cavaliers 5pts @ 11/10 Stan James Cleveland still being priced up on their individual players and not the sum of those talents that has been displayed so far this season. They come into this having lost consecutive home games to Denver and San Antonio, and have to face a Washington side for whom Bradley Beal saw his first action of the season against the Mavs last time with 26 minutes off the bench. Beal has been a big miss for the Wizards even as they have gone 7-3 to open the season, and his return to complement Wall in the backcourt can see them improve their home record to 5-1 at the expense of the misfiring title favourites

Re: NBA Regular Season matches 2014/15 Pelicans (-2) to bt Nuggets 9pts @ 20/23 Bet365 Pelicans (-8) to bt Nuggets 3pts @ 2/1 Bet365 As you'll have been able to tell so far I am high on the Pelicans and low on the Nuggets, and despite Denver's 3-1 run I am not convinced by them yet. The Pelicans' Omer Asik has missed the last 2 and I was going to leave this game if he was out tonight again, but he's been activated and is set to play and his presence with Davis at the 4 and 5 can give the visitors a substantial edge against the Nuggets. New Orleans won in Sacramento last time despite being outrebounded 52-32 - with Asik back in the fold against this Nuggets side I would strongly assume there is no chance of the Pelicans suffering on the boards tonight and consequently they should be more than good enough to take this contest quite comfortably Trail Blazers (-8) to bt Bulls 7pts @ 10/11 Bet365 Much the same as when we opposed Chicago in Sacramento the other night when they were without Rose and Gasol so we shall tonight when they visit Portland. Without their 2 main parts of their offense, not to mention Gasol's rebounding prowess, they're handing a huge advantage to the Blazers. Noah is going to have his work cut out to put a dent in Aldridge and Lopez's frontcourt superiority, whilst Lillard is sinking 27ppg through his last 4, and missing Rose will do little for Chicago's hopes of guarding against him

Suns @ 76ers UNDER 208pts 6pts @ 10/11
Spurs (-11) to bt Timberwolves 7pts @ 20/21 Bet365 Wizards (ml) to bt Cavaliers 5pts @ 11/10 Stan James
Pelicans (-2) to bt Nuggets 9pts @ 20/23 Bet365 Pelicans (-8) to bt Nuggets 3pts @ 2/1 Bet365 Trail Blazers (-8) to bt Bulls 7pts @ 10/11 Bet365
Having only taken the Pelicans due to the news Asik was going to play, to see him re-injure his back in the warm-ups and consequently miss the game was a blow for my main play of the night. Pretty solid night elsewhere though with San Antonio, Washington and Portland all winning comfortably 40-44-0 Staked 397.5pts Returns 404.61pts P/L ... +7.11pts

Re: NBA Regular Season matches 2014/15 Heat (ml) to bt Magic 6pts @ 10/11 Bet365 Even without Wade, and possibly without Cole, I like the Heat to bounce back against a Magic side who have been similarly spanked by the Clippers this week, and then needed to overcome a 15pt deficit in the 4thQ last time. Miami don't have any Pauls or Griffins to worry about tonight, and have spoken of a greater effort in correcting their defensive mistakes. With Bosh finding his shooting range, and the likes of Napier and Deng to contribute I think they have the better of the positional matchups and are a cracking prize at a pick'em to win their 11th straight against the Magic Kings (-8.5) to beat Timberwolves 9pts @ 10/11 Bet365 Kings (-13) to beat Timberwolves 3pts @ 81/50 Bet365 Just as we opposed Minnesota last night we do so again tonight. Sacramento are in very credible form with wins against Chicago and San Antonio and narrow losses to the Pelicans and Grizzlies in their last 4 - all of whom are significantly better than what is essentially a TWolves reserves side. Without Martin, Rubio, Young and Pekovic, amongst others, the hosts were summarily despatched by an eased down 29pts by the Spurs last night, and it figures to get no easier tonight. Whilst not fielding a Parker or a Duncan, the Kings still have the personnel in the likes of Cousins, Gay, Collison et al to do some considerable damage to the exceedingly shorthanded hosts tonight. Wizards (-3.5) to bt Bucks 6pts @ 10/11 Bet365 This line looks good value for a Washington side who are 3-0 in the latter end of back-to-backs this season. Having Bradley Beal back in the fold is a massive boost to their prospects, and whilst the Wiz are playing their 3rd match in a week they face a Bucks side playing their 4th match in 5 days. Washington played a very narrow loss to the Mavs on Wednesday, before turning in probably their best display of the season in easily defeating the Cavs last night. The Bucks were behind by over 50pts(!!) at one stage in Toronto last night, and were comfortably defeated by a Beal-less Wizards side in Washington at the beginning of the month

Heat (ml) to bt Magic 6pts @ 10/11 Bet365 Kings (-8.5) to beat Timberwolves 9pts @ 10/11 Bet365 Kings (-13) to beat Timberwolves 3pts @ 81/50 Bet365 Wizards (-3.5) to bt Bucks 6pts @ 10/11 Bet365
Almost! Kings win by 12 to fall 1 shy of giving us a push. Heat won by 7 and Wizards by 11 to give us comfortable covers elsewhere :cheers 43-45-0 Staked 421.5pts Returns 444.69pts P/L ... +23.19pts

Just a quick bet , Cav's face an in-form Raptor's not going see me go against LBJ often at home! Raptors +3.0 pts , 5pts
Forgot to add this with @1.90 with Bet365. Anyways won comfortably in the end after a flying start from the inconsistent Cavs glad didn't have to sweat the game. 7-7-0 Staked : 53pts Returns : 57.3pts Profit : 4.3pts

Re: NBA Regular Season matches 2014/15 LA Clippers - 4.5 to beat CHA Hornets , 5pts @1.90 Bet365 LA Clippers -10.5 to beat CHA Hornets , 2pts @3.10 Bet365 Well its only a matter of time before LAC improve the consistency and CHA have hardly been in shining form so expect LAC to cover the line maybe even a 12+ win so will add an extra longer shot Blake Griffin over 23.5pts , 5pts @1.90 Bet365 Elsewhere : Eric Bledsoe over 15.5pts , 4pts @1.83 Bet365 Over 197pts in POR vs PHI , 4pts @1.90 Bet365

Re: NBA Regular Season matches 2014/15 Clippers (-4.5) to bt Hornets 6pts @ 10/11 Bet365 Think this line underestimates the gap in ability between these 2 teams. For Charlotte to have a chance I think Jefferson is really going to have to dominate DeAndre Jordan and I just don't see that happening. Whilst the Hornets heavily rely on Jefferson for points, Jordan is there to disrupt the opposing bigs, dominate the boards, and leave the scoring to the likes of Griffin and Paul. I much prefer the chances of the Clippers' go-to guys to dominate their matchups than I do of Big Al getting much of an upperhand over Jordan (providing he avoids the early foul trouble that plagued him in Memphis)

LA Clippers - 4.5 to beat CHA Hornets , 5pts @1.90 Bet365 LA Clippers -10.5 to beat CHA Hornets , 2pts @3.10 Bet365 Well its only a matter of time before LAC improve the consistency and CHA have hardly been in shining form so expect LAC to cover the line maybe even a 12+ win so will add an extra longer shot Blake Griffin over 23.5pts , 5pts @1.90 Bet365 Elsewhere : Eric Bledsoe over 15.5pts , 4pts @1.83 Bet365 Over 197pts in POR vs PHI , 4pts @1.90 Bet365
Won 4 out of the 5 bets , Griffin got 22pts and just missed his over I was 50/50 between him and Paul (who covered his line) before the game and opted the wrong way :lol 11-8-0 Staked : 73pts Returns : 87.92pts Profit : 14.92pts

Re: NBA Regular Season matches 2014/15 Bulls (-2) to bt Nuggets 3pts @ 9/5 Bet365 The returns of Rose and Gasol last night were big boosts for the Bulls' chances, and providing there's no setbacks and they take to the court again tonight they can be the catalyst for Chicago improving to 3-2 on this 7-game road trip. If this game was last Tuesday then the Bulls would probably have been installed as favourites and, as there are mitigating factors for the 2 blowouts they suffered in Portland and Sacramento, whilst Denver were pushed all the way and beyond by the Lakers on Sunday, I think there's good value about the Bulls' better players showing they're also the better team in Denver tonight