** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

NBA Regular Season matches 2014/15

Re: NBA Regular Season matches 2014/15

Pokering' date=' so [b']unless I'm finished v soon I'm afraid it has to be tips sans reasoning tonight. Lakers (+3) to bt Celtics 8pts @ 10/11 Lakers (-1) to bt Celtics 2pts @ 6/4 Celtics ht - Lakers ft 1pt @ 11/2 Spurs (+1) to bt Grizzlies 8pts @ 10/11 Spurs (-3) to bt Grizzlies 2pts @ 69/50 Rockets (-7) to bt TWolves 10pts @ 10/11 Rockets (-10) to bt TWolves 2pts @ 13/10 Kings (-3.5) to bt Pacers 8pts @ 20/21 Kings (-7) to bt Pacers 2pts @ 6/4 All bets with Bet365. Good luck anybody playing
Only just finished now. 3 of the games already started. Very very quickly, as it already doesn't matter why - if you've bet them you've bet them - but... Celtics 0-7 against the West & Lakers 4-1 v the East. Taking the HT/FT bet too, because that is just how the Celtics like to roll. I took Spurs in the hope Gasol was missing for Memphis mainly, but anyway I think Spurs are a better team and shouldn't be dogs. TWolves = injury central. Kings L streak has been against better teams than this season's Pacers, and even in defeat they have been shooting better

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Re: NBA Regular Season matches 2014/15 Mega busy all weekend, sat down last night to watch a programme before coming on to post my tip, fell asleep, woke up and the 76ers had both covered the huge +9.5 line against DETROIT(!!!) AND won the match too. :wall :wall 56-64-0 Staked 581.50pts Returns 584.80pts P/L ... +3.30pts

Re: NBA Regular Season matches 2014/15 Hawks (-1) to bt Pacers 7pts @ Evs Bet365 Hawks (-5) to bt Pacers 2pts @ 7/4 Bet365 Atlanta have been impressive in dispatching their opposition on the whole recently, playing with a real team ethic and no stars. They should be able to take care of this season's very un-Pacers-like George-less Indiana team. They've won 4 of their home matches so far - but they have come against Philly (2-18), Utah (5-15), Charlotte (5-15) & Orlando (9-14). Today's Hawks at 13-6 are an entirely different proposition.

Hawks (-1) to bt Pacers 7pts @ Evs Bet365 Hawks (-5) to bt Pacers 2pts @ 7/4 Bet365
Hawks win 108-92 58-64-0 Staked 590.50pts Returns 603.66pts P/L ... +13.16pts Kings (+4) to bt Lakers 7pts @ 20/23 Kings (ml) to bt Lakers 3pts @ 7/5 Kings (-4) to bt Lakers 2pts @ 12/5 The Lakers are 5-16 on the season, 2-5 over a last fortnight which contained a highly credible OT win against Toronto. That display apart, they've been as poor as is normally the case, and in their last 3 they have lost by 16 to Washington and Boston, and by 17 to New Orleans - none of which you would be confident taking to beat Sacramento. Kobe is in a bit of a slump with a career low FG% on the season, and averaging under 20ppg in December so far. The Kings miss Cousins, but can fall back on the likes of Gay, Collison, McLemore, whereas you look at the Lakers lineup and just scratch your head. The Lakers are crying out for a dictating presence at the 1, but neither Lin nor Price look to have the necessary tools. I expect Collison to be able to control the flow of the game, Gay to pour in at least 25, Kobe to attempt 3,719 shots, and Sacramento to win by 9 :hope

Kings (+4) to bt Lakers 7pts @ 20/23 Kings (ml) to bt Lakers 3pts @ 7/5 Kings (-4) to bt Lakers 2pts @ 12/5
Looked good at HT with Kings up 9pts, but in the end we needed the safety net to secure profit 59-66-0 Staked 602.50pts Returns 616.75pts P/L ... +14.25pts

Re: NBA Regular Season matches 2014/15 Clippers (-2.5) to bt Wizards 8pts @ 10/11 Bet365 Clippers (-8) to bt Wizards 2pts @ 21/10 Bet365 Look at the records and you see the 16-5 Clippers in a mouthwatering clash with the 15-6 Wizards. Look at the schedules, and you see a Wizards side who has beaten up on the likes of Orlando, Detroit, Indiana etc. The Wizards have won 15 games - 1... ONE... of them has been against a team with a record above .500, against the Cavs on Nov 21st. They are 14-3 against teams under .500 and 1-3 against teams over .500. Today they face the Clippers, riding a 9-game winning streak, sitting at 16-5, who move the ball around well (5th in assists) and score extremely well (3rd in the league).

Re: NBA Regular Season matches 2014/15 Grizzlies (-10) to bt 76ers 8pts @ 10/11 Bet365 Grizzlies (-14.5) to bt 76ers 2pts @ 81/50 Bet365 Memphis have shaken off their first losing streak (2) of the season by winning the subsequent 3, and although they needed double OT to dispose of Charlotte last night, they performed well in easily beating Miami and Dallas by a total of 25pts. Philly can't compare to any of those teams, they've won 2 games all season - against the 5-17 TWolves and the 4-19 Pistons, they've lost all of their home games, they've shipped edging towards 108ppg in those home games and don't get within 10 on average. Memphis are 18-4 and restrict their opponents to average of 94.6ppg - good for 2nd best in the league - whilst the 76ers come in shooting just 90.4ppg, almost 3ppg lower than the 2nd worst team, and have scored just 149pts in their last 2 games - including connecting on just 11 x 2-pointers last night in Brooklyn against a previously spluttering Nets side

Re: NBA Regular Season matches 2014/15 Grizzlies to bt 76ers (in play 43-50 HT) 9pts @ 4/6 Bet365 Been tempted to go in further on Memphis. Philly are 7pts up at HT thanks to a 15-2 spurt midway through the 1st Q, but I have seen the 76ers fade in 2nd halves enough times this season so far with their collection of youngsters that I am still confident Memphis turn this one around. Whilst they may not cover the initial double figure spread, I'm happy to risk more that they come away with the W - and tbh such is the way the 76ers have played in 2nd halves this season, there's still a chance the Grizz take it by double figures. Hoping for a 28-16 type 3rd Q :hope

Re: NBA Regular Season matches 2014/15 :eek :eek it was 77-95 with about 6:30 to go or so when I finished Fifa!! Gave it up and went to bed! Poor Philly, that's a collapse and a half. Unlucky with the cashout Timmy :sad 60-70-0 Staked 631.50pts Returns 631.75pts P/L ... +0.25pts

Re: NBA Regular Season matches 2014/15 some very good bets tonight, san antonio against portland, i took the over 194 two good scoring teams, san antonio 8+ on the handicap looks a bit high against portland. i like the odds for the lakers against idiana who dont look that good at the moment. Lakers played well last night and they have been getting some results. i think will just take +5 handicap to be safe. chicago vs atlanta hawks too close to call hawks playing quite well at the moment. detriot playing well too but dont know what they have left in the tank, +13 handicap looks generous against clippers it hard to tell with this game.

Re: NBA Regular Season matches 2014/15 Glad to see you join in Duckets :ok Spurs do get a big start at the Blazers, BUT - Duncan, Ginobili and Parker are all out, and that looks like too much of a hurdle to overcome. Celtics/76ers UNDER 205pts 6pts @ 10/11 Bet365 Philly you would envisage to be on a huge downer after throwing certain victory away over the last 7 minutes or so against the Grizzlies the other night. Despite that OT loss netting them 115pts they come in as easily the worst scoring offense in the NBA, whilst the Celtics have to do without the Marcus's - Smart and Thornton - tonight. Rondo has been putrid from the field recently, and barring a double OT game against Washington they've stepped up their scoring defense of late. Celtics won the first meeting, in Philly also, 101-90, and I think the line of over 200 looks too high. Lakers (+5) to bt Pacers 6pts @ 10/11 Bet365 Lakers (-2) to bt Pacers 2pts @ 47/20 Bet365 As Duckets mentions above, the Pacers have been pretty inept of late coming into this one on an eight game losing skid. The Lakers look to be playing with more cohesion than earlier in the season - certainly Kobe seems to trust his teammates with the ball a bit more - and they have won their last 3 and 5 of their last 8. Included in their vanquished through that spell are Toronto, Sacramento & San Antonio, so you wouldn't imagine a trip to PG-less Indiana would hold any fears for them. Trail Blazers (-8) to bt Spurs 8pts @ 10/11 Bet365 Trail Blazers (12) to bt Spurs 2pts @ 8/5 Bet365 San Antonio won in Denver last night without Tony Parker, but on the 2nd day of a back-to-back meaning they will be without, through rest or injury, Parker, Splitter, Mills, Duncan and Ginobili, I do fancy Rip City to run up a score against the reigning champs tonight. With Lillard and Batum moving the ball so well, LA back to fitness, I can see the Blazers dishing a beating along the lines of the 17pt beating the Spurs suffered in Houston without their more esteemed ring winners

Re: NBA Regular Season matches 2014/15 Jumped the gun writing the Grizz bet off the other day - I don't think there's much danger in writing off the Lakers bet tonight however. They're scoring at exactly 1pt per minute through the first 17 minutes in Indy :eek Sent from my GT-I9300 using PL Forum

Celtics/76ers UNDER 205pts 6pts @ 10/11 Bet365 Lakers (+5) to bt Pacers 6pts @ 10/11 Bet365 Lakers (-2) to bt Pacers 2pts @ 47/20 Bet365 Trail Blazers (-8) to bt Spurs 8pts @ 10/11 Bet365 Trail Blazers (12) to bt Spurs 2pts @ 8/5 Bet365
63-72-0 Staked 655.50pts Returns 663.87pts P/L ... +8.37pts

Re: NBA Regular Season matches 2014/15 Warriors (ml) to bt Grizzlies 5pts @ 7/5 Coral Golden State are on a 16-game W streak, and whilst the start of that streak came against some very questionable sides, of late they have comfortably beaten Chicago, Dallas, Houston, and showed their battling qualities last time in New Orleans to defeat the Pelicans in OT. The Warriors are the only team in the NBA with a better record than the Grizzlies, but Memphis have been worked very hard in their defeating lowly Eastern teams in their last 2. They somehow recovered an 18pt deficit through the last 7:38 last time against the 2-22 76ers before winning in OT, and that came on the heels of needing OT to beat the 6-18 Hornets. Struggling to wins over teams who aren't even going to make the post-season from the super-soft East does not make me confident that they should be installed as favourites to defeat the West-leading league-leading Warriors. At such odds against I find myself unable not to bet GS in this one.

Warriors (ml) to bt Grizzlies 5pts @ 7/5 Coral
No good being the best team for 42 minutes, if you go 0-20 during the other 6 minutes - which is how the Warriors started the 2nd Q last night :eek Mavericks (-7) to bt Pistons 8pts @ 20/21 Bet365 Mavericks (-10) to bt Pistons 2pts @ 27/20 Bet365 Been waiting on injury news, Felton is out but other than that the main protagonists take the court. Despite this being the 2nd leg of a back-to-back, the Mavs shot into a big early lead so nobody played a full quota. Detroit have been basically terrible, and although the Mavs have fallen to the top 2 NBA teams so far in the Grizzlies and the Warriors inside the last week, that doesn't detract from the work they hotshot offense has put in in averaging nearly 110ppg on the season so far. They should have simply too much for the Pistons to handle tonight

Re: NBA Regular Season matches 2014/15 Rockets (-2) to bt Nuggets 9pts @ 20/23 Bet365 Rockets (-9) to bt Nuggets 3pts @ 49/20 Bet365 Motiejunas has come to prominence in deputising for his absence, but the return of Dwight Howard signals a big improvement in the Rockets' on-court skillset. Not only will they get his near 20ppg scoring, but the defense receives a huge uptick when Howard is in the lineup. Houston defeated an injury-hit Denver by 12pts 5 days ago and I strongly expect Houston's array of better quality players to subject Denver to a 7th defeat in 8

Re: NBA Regular Season matches 2014/15 Mavericks (-10.5) to bt Spurs 9pts @ 10/11 Bet365 After having suffered TWO heartbreaking TRIPLE OT losses in the last 3 days it's no surprise to learn that Ginobili and Duncan are sitting for rest in Dallas tonight. Given they also are missing Kawhi Leonard and Parker through injury, then the double digit line for Dallas definitely looks achievable. We won with Portland covering and 8 and 12pt line against San Antonio the other day, and I'm going to take them on again with Dallas' debut outing of their new starting line-up with Rondo in. Chandler, Ellis, Nowitzki, Parsons, Rondo - that looks scary good on paper, and Rondo has the hoops brain to settle into, and improve, both sides of the ball for the Mavs.

Re: NBA Regular Season matches 2014/15 Quick in-play one Spurs to win by 6 or more [in-running, SA 11 - OKC 19] 4pts@ 6/4 Bet365 I missed the start due to it being Xmas and the kids and all :lol .... I had planned on taking -5.5 for Spurs @ 10/11, so now reducing stake and taking the same bet with 06:31 of the 1stQ still on the clock. Thunder have started 1.00 (6-6) from FG range, that obviously won't last and I anticipate the strength of the Spurs lineup and the absence of KD for OKC to see the game run out in a Spurs win by 6 or more

Re: NBA Regular Season matches 2014/15 Cavaliers (-6) to bt Heat 6pts @ 10/11 Bet365 Cavaliers (-10) to bt Heat 2pts @ 8/5 Bet365 Also taking the Varejao-less Cavs to best the Bosh-less Heat in Miami. A Christmas Day return for LeBron was I am sure scripted, but putting all the probable hoo-haa over that to one side and to my eyes the Cavs look better on both sides of the ball. Lots is said about the Cavs' D, and a lot of it is true - they do rank 23rd in defensive efficiency as the previews point out, but the Heat are actually even worse and rank 25th. Cleveland have won 12 of their last 15, as their big players continue to get more used to playing together, whilst Miami have lost 10 of their last 13 at home including defeats to Utah last week and to the 76ers(!!) 2 days ago.

Re: NBA Regular Season matches 2014/15 Well Miami didn't do it the easy way when Cav's got make level I thought my bet was pretty much buried considering 76ers won from 15pts back just the other night at the AA Arena. 15-11-0 Staked : 104pts Returns : 130.22pts Profit : 26.22pts

Spurs to win by 6 or more [in-running' date= SA 11 - OKC 19] 4pts@ 6/4 Bet365
Cavaliers (-6) to bt Heat 6pts @ 10/11 Bet365 Cavaliers (-10) to bt Heat 2pts @ 8/5 Bet365
Both teams started poorly, recovered to look like going on to bring the bets home, then faded away again 66-78-0 Staked 709.50pts Returns 701.02pts P/L ... -8.48pts