Ligue 2 > October 24th - 27th

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Friday 24 October 2014[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]AC Ajaccio v Valenciennes FC (19:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.25[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.2[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.8[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]102.01 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]AC Arles-Avignon v Chamois Niortais (19:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.64[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.2[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.2[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.38 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Angers SCO v Clermont Foot (19:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.05[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.25[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.45[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]102.02 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]LB Châteauroux v Tours (19:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.85[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.25[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.85[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.94 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Nîmes Olympique v AJ Auxerre (19:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.32[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.25[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.8[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.19 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Orleans v Créteil (19:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.3[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.3[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.8[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.10 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Sochaux-Montbéliard v Stade Lavallois (19:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.25[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.3[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]99.75 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Stade Brestois 29 v Gazelec Ajaccio (19:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.3[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.6[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]102.04 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Saturday 25 October 2014[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Troyes AC v Dijon FCO (13:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.45[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.1[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.45[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]102.06 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Monday 27 October 2014[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]AS Nancy v Le Havre AC (19:30 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.15[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.3[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.1[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.20 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Ligue 2 > October 24th - 27th Ajaccio – Valenciennes The first official Ligue 2 sacking of the season was made last weekend when Ajaccio relinquished the services of Christian Bracconi, who only won 5 of his 37 ligue games in charge. Whilst that statistic was horrific, I don’t feel Bracconi was ‘that bad’ and this season he’s been the victim of unrealistically high expectations. Ajaccio don’t really have the squad to compete for promotion though so I’d argue that Bracconi’s sacking was harsh. Nevertheless, a fresh new approach might help them pick up some good results in both the short and long term. They have yet to appoint a permanent coach though so it could be dangerous to get involved until we see their new style of play. Valenciennes come here on the back of a 0-3 drubbing on Monday night at home to Dijon. So they have less recovery time to cope with, along with the long trek to Corsica. A lot of factors favour Ajaccio, but who could trust them? You’d be banking on them making an immediate improvement following a manager sacking. This is possible, but by no means a certainty. I’m going to predict a tight home win, but I don’t have much confidence about this selection. Prediction: Ajaccio 1-0 Valenciennes NO BET Angers – Clermont I quite like Angers to win this match, but for now their price is a little too short for my liking. Their main problems have been away this season, home results have been much more favourable. Both teams are close to full strength, although it’s worth noting that Clermont will be fielding their 3rd choice goalkeeper tonight because their no1 and no2 are both ruled out. On paper, the visitors do have some decent ability, the problem is they are managed by Corinne Diacre who is so unpredictable and tactically inept. She might be good at man management behind the scenes but all too often her on field choices have baffled me. One recurring problem all season has been their inability to hold onto leads and this is a major concern. Another issue has been their willingness to play an open style of football in games they should be keeping things tight. If they come here tonight looking to operate in that fashion, then Angers will punish them. I do fancy the hosts to win. But I want a bit more for my money, so for now, they aren’t a bet for me. Prediction: Angers 2-1 Clermont NO BET Arles – Niort So Arles suffered their 5th straight defeat last Friday away at GFCA. Uuurrrggggghhhh maybe I’m completely wrong about this team about having unlocked potential! The exact same thing keeps happening to them in every game. They look nice on the eye but a combination of individual errors and a lack of finishing ability constantly costs them dearly. I think it’s clear until they obtain a favourable result, then they’re unbackable. Tonight I don’t think they have a nice matchup because Niort will come here looking to sit back and soak up any pressure. The visitors are a useful away outfit, difficult to break down, whilst also possessing some counter attacking threat. I could honestly see Arles dominating possession, chances and looking the better team, but Niort somehow getting a goal out of nothing and maybe holding on. I just don’t know here, I feel it’s a difficult match to call and no result would surprise me too much. I’ll predict a 1-1 draw but realistically I don’t have a clue. Prediction: Arles 1-1 Niort NO BET Brest – GFCA Another team I quite like today are Brest, but similar to Angers I’d want a bit of a better price before placing any money on them. Brest are very hard to beat and since the turn of the year have hardly lost any matches. Since the 15th February they’ve only lost 3 games out of 27, which is a remarkable return. Bear in mind 2 of those 3 losses were against Caen and Metz, who now ply their trade in Ligue 1. The problem with Brest can be draws, at times they pick up too many. Fortunately, for those who fancy them tonight, they tend to finish all square on the road more often than at home. At Le Stade Francis le Ble they’ve won 4 out of 5 this season. GFC perhaps deserve some respect though. They currently sit 2nd in the table, and this is no fluke, they have genuinely played some pretty good football at times. It’s clear this side are well coached, have confidence and work really hard for each other. Having said that, Brest are definitely the better side, have more quality and crucially have home advantage. I think the Breton outfit will win and I’d back them @ a better price. But for now I’ll swerve because GFC aren’t that bad and it’s possible they could draw. Prediction: Brest 1-0 GFCA NO BET Chateauroux – Tours Local derby here, being contested between probably the worst two teams in Ligue 2. Neither are shockingly bad, but for sure they are pretty weak compared to other sides this year. Chateauroux have been grinding out some results and do at least have home advantage on their own artificial pitch. Tours meanwhile, have suffered a lot of losses recently and overall suffered 8/11 defeats this season. This week their manager Olivier Pantaloni resigned which might wreak further problems on them. On the other hand, it might galvanise the squad, perhaps it needed a change of boss? On paper, this Tours side should go well in Chateauroux. They have a lot of good technical players who should in theory enjoy playing on an artificial surface. They won here 4-0 last season and a couple of years ago won 3-1. So at least they have good previous form at Le Stade Gaston Petit. I think this’ll be an open game in which both teams ‘go for it’ Over 2.25 did interest me, but the price is too short now. In terms of a result, I really don’t know. Chateauroux are probably value @ about 1.85 on a DNB line, but they are such a poisonous team you couldn’t back them with monopoly money. Prediction: Chateauroux 2-2 Tours NO BET Nimes – Auxerre I like Auxerre enough here to place a few units on them +0.25. I personally think they are one of the top six sides in the division and could definitely make a push for promotion in the long run. Injuries have been an issue for them this season, and still a few guys are out. But at least tonight they welcome back Vincent Gragnic and Remi Mulumba which will boost their midfield. Auxerre are really strong in the middle of the park and they will clearly dominate that part of the field in tonight’s match. Nimes are one of the poorer sides in Ligue 2 and their results are better than many of their performances. Les Crocos have surprisingly only lost two games this season but I have no idea how they’ve managed to achieve that. They are still missing their best player Ousmane Cissokho to suspension, and without him they lack much creativity and threat going forwards. Auxerre are unbeaten in 6 games and been playing well against some good teams in recent weeks. A draw is certainly possible but my personal prediction is for an away win in this game. Backing Auxerre +0.25 makes plenty of sense because even if this does end all square, a half win would still be obtained. Prediction: Nimes 1-2 Auxerre Recommended bet: Auxerre +0.25 @ 1.97 4/10 Orleans – Creteil It has to be said that Orleans started the season extremely well, but they’ve since hit a rough patch and are winless in seven games. I don’t actually think they are that good and arguably the newly promoted outfit are one of the worst five teams in Ligue 2. Their style is very negative and they aren’t the sort of team who typically create many chances. They are actually a better side when behind, but if a match is level or they are winning then it’s rare they show much ambition. Creteil on the other hand aren’t as bad as their results might suggest. They sit 15th in the table but come the end of the season I’d be surprised if they aren’t a top 10 outfit. Since the opening day they’ve only suffered two defeats – away at Dijon and Angers which is no disgrace. The only reason they lost those games was because they actually attacked. Creteil are one of the few teams in Ligue 2 who look to play attractive football both at home and away. Sometimes this can be to their detriment but tonight it should be an asset. For me, they are simply the better team and should at least be able get a draw. Orleans are an overrated outfit and @ 2.05 on a +0.25 asian line, the visitors look a really nice price. Prediction: Orleans 1-2 Creteil Recommended bet: Creteil +0.25 @ 2.05 4/10 Sochaux – Laval Tough one here. Both teams haven’t lost many matches in recent weeks so a draw could be very possible. Sochaux have more quality in their ranks but seem to prefer playing away from home. Here at Le Stade Bonnal they’ve only won one match, I’m just not sure why they aren’t able to replicate their travelling form in front of their own fans. Laval meanwhile, have done much better than anyone expected this season and have proved difficult to beat. Typically they can keep it tight but upfront they still have the lethal Christian Bekamenga at their disposal, he’s always a threat. If I had to stake money on one match to end a draw tonight, it’d be this one. But I don’t bet on draws, typically it’s a fools game to bet on them, long term it’s not a profitable solution. I think this will end either 1-1 or 0-0, I’ll plump for the former because both did at least score a few goals between them last week. Prediction: Sochaux 1-1 Laval NO BET

Re: Ligue 2 > October 24th - 27th

Can't wait for meatman's insight :) I think he will back Angers and Brest for this price and will stay away from the 2 top clashes: Troyes-Dijon and Nancy-Le Havre Let's wait for the master!
haha you weren't far off! Brest and Angers might eventually become bets for me if prices rise, or maybe IR after the match starts. At the end of the day though Ligue 2 is a very difficult ligue to make money on this season. Probably the best advice I can give people is to stay away. Focus your efforts on other leagues that are more profitable. I have been forced to expand the leagues I cover recently because right now Ligue 2 cannot give me enough potential bets, compared to recent years anyway.

Re: Ligue 2 > October 24th - 27th League 2 is actually one of the hardest leagues to predict, the close contenders could be all english leagues (champ, L1, L2)... but that hold half the appeal and value ;) I usually stick to the goal markets especially in french L2, since it provides "decent" value bets on over 1,5 or team to score. Your insights usually produce winners for me, even though I have to connect a couple of matches for an accumulator. And again I would like to thank you, since your previews really narrow my picks down to those 2-3 which provide a winning accumulator. Thanks meatman, hopefully you will not run out of meat to grind and cut ;)

If You have quality information only about Ligue2' date=' how can you expand youre leagues?[/quote'] Well, I class myself as a football expert/analyst as well as a professional punter. Whilst there are no other leagues in the world where I have as much quality information as France Ligue 1 & 2, it doesn't mean I can't be successful on them. All it takes is a bit of time and research, along with good knowledge of betting and generally how to read/analyse football teams. For example, this season I have trained myself up to become a long term expert on MLS in the USA. Norwegian Tippeligaen has been a summer league I bet in for years, and right now I am currently training myself up to become more familiar with the Dutch Eredivisie. I just don't think in this day and age you can be a one trick pony, so I've been making efforts to expand my repertoire. As for tonight, well it was a rare good night for me in Ligue 2 this season. A couple of winners and I actually got on Brest -0.25 10 mins before kick off. Annoyingly, I personally missed out on backing Angers IR. I wasn't quick enough to get on them, although I know of at least one person who I associate with who did manage to back them. So I hope that my analysis, previews and picks enabled a few people to gain some profit tonight.

Re: Ligue 2 > October 24th - 27th Troyes – Dijon This is a really big game between a couple of heavyweights in ligue 2. For sure, both teams are amongst the favourites to get promoted and come the end of the season it wouldn’t be a surprise to see either outfit finish on the podium. Pre season I personally didn’t expect Dijon to be able to consistently mix it with the big boys, but so far they have proved me wrong and are arguably playing the best football out of anyone in the ligue. In some ways it’s a mystery because they don’t have any real star talent, but their squad has excellent depth and they possess a number of good technical players. Right now they are gelling really well together and playing with confidence. Les Rouges are lethal on the break and they’ll definitely get opportunities in this match because Troyes will attack and leave holes at the back. I’d expect Dijon to name the exact same XI that beat Valenciennes on Monday night, they played pretty well there. Troyes on paper probably have the best squad out of anyone in Ligue 2. But I think it’s fair to say they haven’t properly fired yet this season. They started the campaign well with 4 out of 5 wins, along with 5 consecutive clean sheets, but I always felt some of those results were false. Of course, they have to be respected for picking up so many points, but the standard of their actual performances were questionable. Since then, just 1 win in 6 is hardly the greatest of returns and they could do with a victory today just to get them back on track. I was impressed with how they came back from a goal down against Creteil last week to draw 1-1. The last 20 mins there was possibly the best I’ve seen them play this season. But today Jean Marc Furlan’s men have to be very careful otherwise Dijon will punish them with their fast attack force. Auxerre did this to them a few weeks ago and I have a feeling something similar might occur today. Long term, Troyes will probably recover and might finish higher, but right now Dijon are playing the better football and I can see them getting 3 points. I’m not going to bet this one though, this is a match best watched. For those after a bet, over 2.25 could be a nice option, I anticipate a fairly open and exciting game. Prediction: Troyes 1-2 Dijon NO BET

What were the odds you were waiting for? Because I missed both Angers and Brest at a -0' date='5 line at 1,95-2. It's a pity, but I'm very grateful for those 2 winners you suggested. Great night it was yesterday![/quote'] I wanted 1.80+ on Brest (-0.25) and got 1.81. Same with Angers, I wanted the 1.80 price, but it never quite reached.

Re: Ligue 2 > October 24th - 27th Nancy – Le Havre As is the case with many ligue 2 matches at the moment, this is a really difficult one to call. Both teams are legitimate promotion contenders, they have the quality in their ranks and managers who know how to get the business done. Nancy are unbeaten at home but have drawn 4 of their 6 matches at Le Stade Marcel Picot. They are especially strong at the back, although sometimes there are question marks about their goalscoring ability. The loan of Mana Dembele from Guingamp has at least helped their cause and they seem more of a threat with him upfront. Nancy will have to be careful that they don’t leave themselves open at the back tonight because Le Havre can be lethal on the break. With the likes of Bonnet and Le Bihan, the visitors certainly have to be respected in the final third of the field. They are perfectly set up to play away from home, in fact I’d say they are arguably more dangerous on the road! Both teams have few injury concerns, although the loss of Moussa Sao upfront might hurt Le Havre’s chances a little bit. I can’t make up my mind about this match, I feel it’s capable of going either way. I’m going to predict a 0-0 draw because I think it’ll be a pretty tight affair. But I don’t have much confidence about this pick and no result would surprise me. Prediction: Nancy 0-0 Le Havre NO BET

Re: Ligue 2 > October 24th - 27th Nancy - Le Havre Nancy to win @ 2.10 Marathonbet Nancy expanded their unbeaten record for 6th game after the 2-2 against Auxerre, but their coach is dissapointed with his players' performance and the mistakes they did in the defence.Now they return to their home were they are unbetaen so far and want to take the 3 points and settle the team to the first 3 places of the table. Le Havre are also very strong lately with 4/5 wins in the last 5 games, but tonight they travel to a difficult home and they are gonna have a hard time to score there