Notebook - for the flat

Re: Notebook - for the flat Just had a trawl through the threads andf i think this is what we have so far - not a bad set of results for a bunch of mug punters :lol Peace and Love: 1st @ 6/4 Pocketwood: 3rd @ 10/1 Pamir: Unplaced Cashier: 1st @ 1/5 Stephanies Dream: Withdrawn Wunderwood: 1st @ 4/1 I didnt include Mister Benji's race as he wasnt running with the conditions Ian Curtis put him in the notebook for which defeats the purpose really. He will be noted next time he runs on the AW i believe. As for Stephanies dream i kept her run in as i think a punter would still lose money if the horse if withsrawn at the start? :unsure Lets hope we can keep it up :)

Re: Notebook - for the flat stephanies dream was withdrawn not under orders so money was returned. Wunderwood did the biz tonight. Restores faith in my ability to note future winners. Next time. we will need to see where Lady herries takes the horse.

Re: Notebook - for the flat

She is not as good over 6f than 5 and it would slightly surprise me if she runs in the Group 3 6f race at York this week or the fillies sprint at Nottingham
I told you all she isn't as good over 6f than 5f and today proved. She finished 3rd against horses she would properly destroy at 5f. To be honest she could properly struggle to win a Class B over 6f, but she is Group 1 class over 5f, she is a totally different horse at the shorter distance. I hope they keep her at 5f from now on and hopefully she will go for the Temple Stakes next bank hoilday Monday in which she will have a big chance albeit at long odds. When she does run over 6f again, which I'm sure they will, don't back her becuase she won't win.

Re: Notebook - for the flat THYOLO This is one i noted a couple of weeks ago after following it last season as well. Firstly, he needs decent ground. He was a tad high in the handicap last year but did not run a single bad race. he had excuses for ALL poor placings last year and is sliding down the handicap as a result which makes him eyecatching for me. He had a good comeback race last time (April 30th) which suggests to me a win wont be far off. Judging by the types of races he tends to compete in we could get a good price as well. Id be happier betting him at a trip of around 1m-1m2f but the trainer seems to think he will get 1m4f. Im not convinced yet but who am i to argue with the trainer?

3rd Drawn 1 sh Toffee Vodka (IRE) 3J P Spencer 11-2
8 6J Hills
Slowly into stride, held up well in rear, good headway when not clear run briefly inside final 2f, stayed on under pressure inside final furlong, nearest finish Opened 11/2 £2500-£450, £2000-£360, £1650-£300
ran over 7f on very quick ground yesterday & was making progress well inside last furlong. May appreciate a step up to a mile in a similar race (class 4 handicap). If dropped to class 5, would be very interested even at 7f. :ok

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Notebook - for the flat I`d like to add "Future Deal" to the list please. I was in the company of the horses connections when I watched it win at Wolverhampton last October. Outpaced at the start, it was a given a great ride by T Quinn to win over 6f. It was obvious though the horse needed further. It made a reappearance yesterday at Lingfield over 1 mile finishing 4th of 11. I watched the race and I had the impression Quinny never really worked this horse as he could`ve. But the second he asked questions of the horse, it picked up nicely to finish very well indeed. RP comment

Lightly-raced Future Deal made a promising reappearance in fourth, for he raced around the wide outside and had dropped back to virtually last as they straightened up. He picked up well when shaken up, but the first three were clear. He is one to keep an eye on.
:hope

Re: Notebook - for the flat I see that earlier someone mentioned using a free alert system. This is one that I use: www.fantasy-bets.co.uk its under the Horses To Follow section. You get an email the night before the horse races. Maybe we could go as far as a mod opening an account(free) and being in charge of adding new horses. We could then open a communal hotmail account or something to get them sent to so everyone can check them themselves. Just a thought.

Re: Notebook - for the flat Dazzling Bay over 5 or 6f, will pick up a race soon off this low mark. Ran off 88 yesterday & was the hard luck story of the race. Will be interested if it runs again in a big field off same mark or lower perhaps with a better jockey on board also. Should be in the notebook & when entered, I will comment on its suitability for the race in question.:ok

Re: Notebook - for the flat WFTE - I have an account with Fantasy Bets and have added all the notebook horses to it. I will let this thread know when i receive an alert (usually the morning of racing). It wasnt free though, i think it cost me around £30 for the year. :ok

Re: Notebook - for the flat Fantasy Believer - He was last on his first three starts this season, but has shown encouraging displays on his last two outings when finishing 11th of 19 at York and a 5th of 13 runners yesterday to suggests he is coming in hand and he is getting better with every run. Yesterdays race wasn't run to suit as he is a 6f horse and he would have liked the leaders to have gone a bit faster and he was travelling the best two furlongs out still on the bridle, but the lack of pace and his suspected stamina came into play in the final furlong and wasn't able to challenge the leaders. This suggests he is finally getting back to his best (bear in mind he did take a couple of runs last season to get back into peak form) and the same applies this season. With a stronger pace next time over his best trip of 6f I expect him to run a very good race and he is properly likely to be a big price. He missed Royal Ascot last year and he isn't entered in the Wokingham this year so I don't think he go to the Royal Meeting.

• 4 weeks later...

Re: Notebook - for the flat EDE'IFF Picked this up from the RFO trainer file this week. Here is trainer Bill Turner's comments about the horse... Ran some real good races last year and is very well handicapped now. This mare is worth following as soon as we get a bit of cut in the ground. She s right in her prime and the assessor has given her a good chance. She is one to keep in mind over the next few weeks. I just checked the form and she does indeed look to be on a winning mark. No entries yet but ill keep an eye out for her.

Re: Notebook - for the flat She Whispers Was unlucky at Brighton Tuesday when having no luck in running. Jockey may have got it wrong, but i am sure Ryan Moore will say he was unlucky. Horse was flying at then end and would have finished a lot closer. No world beater, a shrewd Hannon could get a couple of wins out of it at a low level. Bings

Fantasy Believer - He was last on his first three starts this season' date= but has shown encouraging displays on his last two outings when finishing 11th of 19 at York and a 5th of 13 runners yesterday to suggests he is coming in hand and he is getting better with every run. Yesterdays race wasn't run to suit as he is a 6f horse and he would have liked the leaders to have gone a bit faster and he was travelling the best two furlongs out still on the bridle, but the lack of pace and his suspected stamina came into play in the final furlong and wasn't able to challenge the leaders. This suggests he is finally getting back to his best (bear in mind he did take a couple of runs last season to get back into peak form) and the same applies this season. With a stronger pace next time over his best trip of 6f I expect him to run a very good race and he is properly likely to be a big price. He missed Royal Ascot last year and he isn't entered in the Wokingham this year so I don't think he go to the Royal Meeting.
nice one Joe won at 6/1 last night at Epsom:clap

Re: Notebook - for the flat 2 horses yesterday had an easy race whilst i was at sandown:

11th Drawn 6 sh Cockatoo (USA) 2L Dettori 8-1
9 0J Gosden
Always towards rear, ridden over 3f out, never trouble leaders Opened 5/1, touched 8/1
12th Drawn 10 1¼ l Farringdon 2Martin Dwyer 7-1
9 0M Tregoning
Started slowly, in rear, modest headway over 2f out, soon weakened Opened 6/1, touched 7/1
that race was over 7f, i would expect an improvement perhaps over 1m on a different type of track. Both horses well slow out & watched from the rear as the race took hold.

Re: Notebook - for the flat Saraaf ran today with jamie Spencer on board. I fancied it to do well and it set off with an SP of 8-1. It broke out of the stalls poorly and was racing 2nd last for most of the race. It looked like it had no chance until absolutely flying at the end and taking 2nd place. With a better start to the race would have won by about 5 lengths. Definitely one to keep an eye on. Other horses I'm waiting for are Cashier and Woody Valentine.

• 3 weeks later...

Re: Notebook - for the flat WESTER LODGE Highlighted by his trainer James Eustace as one to follow. Wants 1m 4f. He was expected to win at Newbury today but has been pulled out because of the ground. He will run at Newbury on Sunday and I expect a big run. Make no mistake, this horse will go on from here. Worth a bet next time he runs i reckon.

Re: Notebook - for the flat GRAMM ran on very well at Newbury today behind the impressive winner Close to you. Beaten a total of 9 lengths but never got going until last furlong so ground may have gone a bit soft for it today. Will be interested when the ground dries out & maybe over slightly further. Todays race was over 7f, Therefore a step up to a mile may help.

Balyan runs tomorrow in the 2.45 at Haydock.
Finished absolutely nowhere, near last. Since his run in the Chester Cup i thought 2m was a bit too far for him and 1m4-6f would suit him ideally, but connections fought not and he finished last of 20 in the 2m Northunberland Plate and quite strangly they dropped him down 6f to 1m2f today where he had no chance. I don't know what they are doing with this horse, but he undoubtably has high potential over a trip of about 1m4f-6f. He hasn't got an entry in the Ebor which i thought was the ideal race for him but I still have faith in the horse if he runs over his ideal sort of trip. He could have a massive price in the November Handicap or a race similar to that before the end of the season where he will have a light weight and drop a few pounds as a result of two disappointing efforts now and could run really well if not win, so at the moment he will remain in the Notebook as I belive a big race is still in him. Or maybe, just maybe, this is a strange preparation for the Supreme Novices Hurdle at Cheltenham in March :lol :lol a race the stable targeted with another flat horse last season.