** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Paris Saint-Germain v FC Barcelona > Tuesday September 30th

Aidymac

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Paris Saint-Germain v FC Barcelona (19:45 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.05[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.54[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.57 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Paris Saint-Germain v FC Barcelona > Tuesday September 30th 4pts Under 2.5 goals Evs Stan James PSG have been hard to beat this season but haven’t been getting over the line very much whereas Barcelona are watertight at the back and are in great form. This is the hardest match in the group so Barcelona so they may approach it a little cautiously so I like the look of under 2.5 goals in this match. Neither side concede many and with Ibrahimovic out PSG’s goal threat diminishes somewhat so goals can be at a premium here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/psg-vs-barcelona-betting-goals-may-not-come-as-regularly-as-expected-in-paris

Re: Paris Saint-Germain v FC Barcelona > Tuesday September 30th Paris St. Germain v FC Barcelona Paris St. Germain: Ibrahimovi? (5/5 f, top scorer), Thiago Silva (1/0 d), Lavezzi (5/0 f) FC Barcelona: Rafinha (2/0 m), Masip (0/0 g), Suarez (0/0 f), Douglas (1/0 d) Information from more then 50 football leagues and competitions at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Re: Paris Saint-Germain v FC Barcelona > Tuesday September 30th The big issue here is the definite absence of Thiago Silva (hamstring) and Ibrahimovic (heel). These are the two most important players in the whole PSG squad. In recent matches PSG have struggled, drawing 4 and winning 1 in their last 5 in all competitions. Away to Ajax they could only manage a 1-1. In fact, all 4 of those draws have had a 1-1 score line. The solitary win was 0-2 away to humble Caen. It’s a different story in Barca as they have the inverse record to PSG. That is winning 4 and drawing 1 of their last 5. They’ve not conceded a single goal under Luis Enrique and are high on confidence after trashing lowly Granada 6-0 at Nou Camp. In my opinion PSG are overrated as a power in European football. For a team that rich to still rely on Ibra in the toughest situations says everything. Also I really don’t understand why Laurent Blanc is considered a top manager and is in charge of this side. He isn’t getting the best out of the resources he has. As is seen by continuous draws away from home and an ultra-relaxed attitude from the players which sees them regularly slip up. If they want to announce themselves as serious contenders, then a mega-rich buying club like PSG goes to Holland on match day 1 and puts away a selling (youth developing) club like Ajax. But for one reason or another, 1-1 it finished. PSG still have good players in their 11 and I think they will attack Barca here and go for the win. However I think as a team, Barca are infinitely better than the French. The players relate to each other better and the understanding between the players is clear. Maybe we can attribute this to Luis Enrique and see it as a positive effect he’s had on the team. One recent clash between these two sticks in my mind. Two seasons ago, in the 16 or quarters, Barca drew the 1st leg 2-2 in Paris. At this moment I clearly remember Barca were in a terrible period of form and they would soon be beaten 0-7 at Camp Nou by Bayern. But not just that, the results were poor in Spain, people were calling their philosophy outdated and there were rumours of unrest. So for the 2nd leg at Camp Nou, they were so ripe to be put out of their misery by a PSG side surrounded by hype and expectation. Pastore scored and Barca were heading out 2-3 on aggregate. Then when you thought the floodgates would open and they would concede more, Pedro equalised against the run of play and PSG went out without a whimper. That’s because the Parisians are a mentally fragile team and always have been. Barca played at a low level in that 2nd leg and instead of punishing them, PSG just stooped to their level and were hoodwinked out of the contest. In the next round, Bayern showed PSG how it’s done with that 7-0 result. Back to the match, I can’t see Barcelona losing. PSG just use their superior quality to beat lesser teams in France. But in CL there is no superior and inferior. It’s about playing well as a team in attack and defence. PSG haven’t hit any sort of gear yet and I’ll risk the -0.25 handicap on Barcelona @ 1.86 Pinnacle (now 1.75) So if it’s a draw we only lose half the stake. Good luck! :ok

Re: Paris Saint-Germain v FC Barcelona > Tuesday September 30th PSG have been unbeaten this season but they are nothing spectacular either. When you take the quality of Ligue 1 into account, their record has been pathetic so far. That was when they had Silva and Ibra. Now, taking these 2 key performers out of the equation, PSG look extremely poor against the mighty Barca. Luis Enrique has moulded Barca into an extremely solid clan that prefer to keep it tight at the back and look for the sparks of brilliance up front to kill their opponents. They have every right to expect their fearsome attackers to score at least 1 every match and that's enough to win as long as they don't concede. Simple as that. Their games have gone Under for quite some time. Now that PSG lost their leaders up and down the pitch, I expect them to play with extra care. They should be happy with a point here and will throw everything they have into keeping it really tight, and they have the players to execute such an idea. Barca will take a patient approach to the game knowing that their quality will prevail at the end of the day. They don't need to go gung-ho from the start. Therefore, a low scoring match seems the best call here, especially in the 1st half. My bets: Under 2.5 FT and Under 1 HT, CS 0-0 HT.

Re: Paris Saint-Germain v FC Barcelona > Tuesday September 30th I was thinking PSG are perhaps some value here despite their missing players. It's a group game, and there is a good chance that Barcelona will be happy with a draw in their toughest away match. The last two matches between these two have been draws.

Re: Paris Saint-Germain v FC Barcelona > Tuesday September 30th i am trying to think of ways how psg can get a result against barcelona and can't find any reasons. barcelona are in great form and have great players in attack. psg will not have zlatan which only means less attacking force up front and creativity in midfield. we know ibrahimovic provides assists and scores and without him the team will be lacking. i also suspect this will be a tough match for david luiz and i expect him to be put under a sword by barcelona pressure. far too often he is more of an attacking midfielder then defender and as for his defending, its been terrible when faced with a challenge. cavani is the only player who could maybe score a goal but he is too inconsistent to be relied on. barcelona win

Re: Paris Saint-Germain v FC Barcelona > Tuesday September 30th Entertaining stuff at Parc des Princes! PSG took the game to Barca as if they were not without Silva and Ibra. My prediction is wrong but this is very very good football from PSG. Barca are piss poor in defending set pieces. 2 goals, 1 header from the midget Verratti, can you believe it?

Re: Paris Saint-Germain v FC Barcelona > Tuesday September 30th Well the the Barca defence conceded 2 from corners and 1 from a wide ball which Matiudi steered in. The defence struggles with lateral balls. This is a serious deficiency in the Barcelona team. They had about 3 good chances to equalise in the last 10 mins but Jordi Alba was blocked from close range, Munir hit the post and Iniesta fired over from just outside the box. All in all they decided to wait for this match to concede all their goals and I think Matheiu isn't good enough for this level of football. I think he belongs in La Liga. Poor show.