WCOOP #12 $215 buy-in Stake Request

Nade

Re: WCOOP #12 $215 buy-in Stake Request Absolutely gutted to be honest! Bubbled it, but feel like I played a really good game. Early on I went decently ahead then got a huge cooler then short stacked I increased my stack by 50% and then got the double up TT > 33 to go ahead again but honestly I got some really shit luck. Because I was opening a tight-ish range it was rarely going to include any low cards - so what happens but I think 9/10 of the next major boards we play all low flops and fair play he took advantage of that by leading the flops there was nothing I could do/represent. Then for some reason he open shoves 72 though I have 20+bb left and he'd be crippled but I lost w AT. Really gutted for everyone, but honestly I think I played 3 really good matches. The first and third matches were against very isildur wannabe players and that's pretty tough to play against but I know my adjustments to that is to go checkcall mode essentially and it worked very well. The worst thing I could do knowing how I play is to get into 3/4bet wars with those guys so if anyone was watching they'd probably notice I rarely bloated any pots because that's exactly the game they want to play and with little history it creates huge variance which isn't good for anyone! If anyone wants the HHs of the games let me know, some interesting hands in there! Any questions fire away :ok Thanks for your backing again. Maybe some day I'll be the bride instead of the bridesmaid..

Re: WCOOP #12 $215 buy-in Stake Request I watched the 3rd game matey. Very unlucky, and with his lucky flop too. Liked it when you managed to get back in front, and thought the game was yours for the taking. UL again, and if you see any others, then just let us know, and i will gladly stake you.

Re: WCOOP #12 $215 buy-in Stake Request

I watched the 3rd game matey. Very unlucky' date=' and with his lucky flop too. Liked it when you managed to get back in front, and thought the game was yours for the taking. UL again, and if you see any others, then just let us know, and i will gladly stake you.[/quote'] Hey yeah things just didn't work out after that, maybe I should have won it with the AK on ATT95 but I never thought he'd have an A there (A2) so was either T or a flush draw which bricked so I checked but apart from that things just didn't flow well for me at the end of that game. My late game/short stacked game is extremely good (I win a lot of the huturbos late game) because I played tens of thousands hyper HUSNGs so I know all the nuances. That's why I felt very comfortable at all times I had a plan early middle and late game, so if I couldn't win it before then when the blinds went up I knew there was still a great chance to win but of course you have to win the flip or two! That's great thanks for the offer much appreciated. Though it's unlikely I'll play any other in this series as the buy-ins are very high and I'm not good enough at that level probably but maybe for some smaller events in the future who knows :ok

Re: WCOOP #12 $215 buy-in Stake Request Was watching you played that style well it works against aggro players as you say not sure if I'dhave the patience to play like that but it seemed to work. Saw you just flatted the river with some very strong hands it's nice watching some you have % in knowing their not going to stack of lightly! You got unluckly would invest in again.

Was watching you played that style well it works against aggro players as you say not sure if I'dhave the patience to play like that but it seemed to work. Saw you just flatted the river with some very strong hands it's nice watching some you have % in knowing their not going to stack of lightly! You got unluckly would invest in again.
So many people play the 'open 90%+ cbet 100%' style which is only a problem for an opponent if they're folding too much either pre flop or post flop, so I do neither. Though it looks very weak passive it is very effective I find because people just don't bluff rivers any more, also by playing weak it gives more opportunity to make moves when they're not expecting and especially when the blinds get higher they expect me to fold a lot, and then they get surprised but it's too late they're done. Yeah I did flat some strong hands, the only issue I find in husngs is the people - they're so damn erratic :lol I just didn't want to put all my chips in to find out how a person plays, it can be done with far less chips in better scenarios, but I did make plays. Some randoms will call you allin 3barrel for 100bb with bottom pair (I guarantee some people go knocked out early in that mtt that exact way) and they'd wish they hadn't been so hasty! So it's cool you understand that and thanks very much for the offer Woodie much appreciated :)

Re: WCOOP #12 $215 buy-in Stake Request Enjoyed reading this thread!:ok The Nade:@:wall:@ from 5 or 6 years ago is light years away from the current version......very very easy to tell you've matured as a player and, more importantly, as a person just by the way you describe Hand Histories or the way you've been knocked out. You come across as being very calm and in control of your feelings which, in poker, is worth it's weight in gold!:D:D:D You've been unlucky in this staking but I'm sure you've many prosperous days ahead...good luck!!:hope:hope TQM

Enjoyed reading this thread!:ok The Nade:@:wall:@ from 5 or 6 years ago is light years away from the current version......very very easy to tell you've matured as a player and, more importantly, as a person just by the way you describe Hand Histories or the way you've been knocked out. You come across as being very calm and in control of your feelings which, in poker, is worth it's weight in gold!:D:D:D You've been unlucky in this staking but I'm sure you've many prosperous days ahead...good luck!!:hope:hope TQM
Hey TQM thanks it's pretty interesting (and embarrassing) to have that progression highlighted as I guess every post is like a snapshot in time giving a small glimpse into that person. I can't say it's because of one reason or another but it's just life, I've had to do a ton of growing up, had to deal with certain things IRL and I'm a thousand times more comfortable and confident with myself than in the past. We all evolve at the end of the day, I doubt anybody here is the same person they were 5 years ago :) Have to say it's been great to see all the old names here and backing me up it's really more appreciated than you'll ever know. Still I've been feeling gutted today I couldn't bring the cheddar home for everyone, there would be nothing better than binking one for the guys on PL but hey maybe on day.