** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Ligue 2 > August 29th - September 1st

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Friday 29 August 2014[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]AJ Auxerre v Valenciennes FC (19:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.1[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.25[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.9[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]104.03 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Chamois Niortais v Clermont Foot (19:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.95[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.3[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.33[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]104.61 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Gazelec Ajaccio v Troyes AC (19:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.1[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.6[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]104.05 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]LB Châteauroux v Orleans (19:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.1[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.1[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.6[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]102.98 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Le Havre AC v Créteil (19:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.15[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.2[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.75[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]104.43 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Nîmes Olympique v AC Arles-Avignon (19:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.15[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.15[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.75[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]104.92 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Sochaux-Montbéliard v Dijon FCO (19:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.46[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.1[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.2[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]104.16 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Stade Lavallois v AC Ajaccio (19:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.3[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]103.64 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Saturday 30 August 2014[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Tours v Angers SCO (13:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.2[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.2[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.6[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]104.48 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Monday 1 September 2014[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Stade Brestois 29 v AS Nancy (19:30 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.37[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.1[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.4[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]103.78 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Ligue 2 > August 29th - September 1st Niort - Clermont Foot In three of the four matches so far, Clermont have lost after taking the lead. In the last game against Gazelec Ajaccio, they even took the lead twice. Apart from being mentally fragile, they have looked very suspect in defense. I watched some part of the second half with Gazelec Ajaccio and the Corsican team seemed like scoring every time they went forward. Niort have had a decent start and are yet to be defeated. They have reinforced their attack with Adama Ba from Ligue 1 team Bastia and Ande Dona Ndoh, Championnat National's top scorer from last season with Luzenac. Niort to win 1.92 Betvictor HT/ FT Clermont/Niort 34.00 Sportingbet

Re: Ligue 2 > August 29th - September 1st Auxerre – Valenciennes AJA actually looked impressive on Tuesday night in the cup at home to Nancy. They won 3-0 and totally deserved that success, despite fielding a very weak team. It’ll be interesting to see if the coach stays faithful with some fringe players, because a lot of them actually played better than the current first choice XI! In the ligue, Auxerre have been inconsistent and you never quite know what you’re going to get with them. They lack creativity with Vincent Gragnic, Livio Nabab and Frederic Sammaritano all still injured. For Valenciennes, this is a vital match. They have just one point after four games and could really do with getting something here. Their coach Bernard Casoni will also be desperate to ‘get one over’ his old club who sacked him last season. Despite losing 0-4 last week, I wouldn’t be surprised if VA are vastly improved tonight. Auxerre are deserving favourites for this encounter, but no result would surprise me and I prefer to refrain from betting. Prediction: Auxerre 1-1 Valenciennes NO BET GFCA – Troyes Both teams got knocked out of the midweek cup, Troyes shockingly losing out 1-4 at home to AC Ajaccio. Troyes started the year well with three consecutive wins to nil, but it was worrying how they failed to even beat Laval last week. Even more of a concern tonight is that they miss key striker Ghislain Gimbert to injury. They also still have defensive worries with the likes of Maxime Collin and Mama N’Diaye ruled out. I’ve betted against GFCA a few times this season but it seems I might have underestimated them. Perhaps they aren’t as bad as many people expected. I have to admit they have a knack of scoring goals at the right time, and when they do go forwards, can be dangerous. If they drew or even won this match, then it wouldn’t really be a surprise. Corsica is a tough place for any side to visit and Troyes have never been known for their away results in recent years. I’m thinking a draw is the most likely outcome, but this seems like a clear no bet situation. Prediction: GFCA 1-1 Troyes Laval – Ajaccio The big news here is that key Laval striker Christian Bekamenga is out of the squad, likely to move to a Tunisian club soon. Les Tangos have looked poor in attack, even with him in the side, so things should be even worse for them tonight. Laval are a limited team, lacking technical ability and they are probably better suited playing on the road at the moment, that way they can park the bus and grind out a result. I’m surprised Ajaccio are underdogs for this game because they’ve hit a hot streak recently. ACA have won 3 straight games, the most recent being a 4-1 demolition of Troyes in the cup midweek. It might be the Corsicans have just found their stride and overall I’d be surprised if they lost tonight. Actually backing them +0.25 might not be a bad option, but because my own confidence is a little low right now, it’s a bet I prefer to swerve. Don’t let me put anyone off though, the visitors have a good chance to win here, or at least draw. I don’t really see how Laval are even going to score a goal in this fixture. Prediction: Laval 0-1 Ajaccio NO BET Le Havre – Creteil Out of nowhere, Havre smashed VA 4-0 away last week. So does that mean they’ll now go on a great run and unlock their true potential? Well, knowing Le Havre they’ll probably produce a sub standard performance, albeit they have plenty of factors in their favour tonight. Creteil have played their last two matches with 10 men and miss a lot of players tonight. Key midfielders Seck and Lesage are the biggest absentees and physical issues could definitely hit them in the second half. Tuesday’s cup victory against GFCA was an extremely emotional and draining success so they are likely to be flat in this one. You’d think Havre will be in confident mood after playing so well last week, but once again they might shoot themselves in the foot by allowing one of their best players, Alexandre Bonnet to leave the club. He’s not included in the squad tonight so they’ll miss his creativity. Despite this, they should have enough to beat Creteil and I’d love to back them. The price just isn’t big enough though IMO. I don’t fancy taking HAC as an odds-on shot, too many times they fuck things up when everyone expects them to win. Prediction: Le Havre 2-1 Creteil NO BET Chateauroux – Orleans Shockingly, Chateauroux have signed Cedric Hountondji on loan from Rennes for a whole season. The young centre back is a fine prospect and surely far too good for this level, what on earth are Rennes thinking sending him here for a year! Anyway, Chateauroux won’t complain and he should provide an immediate upgrade at the back. New midfielder from Le Havre, Distel Zola might make his debut too. Chateauroux are definitely going to be fine this season in the long run, but right now they are still gelling together as a team under their new coach. Too many times they’ve been disjointed and inconsistent, you can’t rely on them. Orleans meanwhile, have enjoyed an extremely solid start to the season, hardly conceding a goal whilst pocketing three 1-0 victories in the process. They are an extremely boring team, but effective. They shouldn’t be favourites with the bookies tonight, these prices are all wrong,. But there’s no way I could justify backing Chateauroux at the moment until things settle down. There won’t be many goals in this game, and it’s a 0-0 contender. Prediction: Chateauroux 0-0 Orleans NO BET Nimes – Arles Local derby here which is difficult to call. Nimes have been fairly stable this season in terms of team selection, but I’m not personally convinced by them. The quality isn’t really there, especially in defence. Nevertheless, they are at least unbeaten and should have some confidence. They’ve also have a full week to prepare for this contest as opposed to Arles, who were in cup action on Tuesday away at Angers. This factor might give Nimes the edge, but Arles are definitely the better team so perhaps it’ll balance itself out. Arles are one of those teams who are playing better than their results might suggest. Don’t underestimate this outfit, some of their displays have been impressive. They won this fixture last season and don’t be surprised if they did the same again this time around. Possibly a draw is the most likely outcome though, it’s not a match either team will want to lose. Prediction: Nimes 1-1 Arles NO BET Niort – Clermont Clash of styles here as the defensive minded Niort take on free scoring Clermont. The problem Niort have under Regis Brouard is scoring goals, it was the exact same when he managed Clermont. His tactics are far too negative and he isn’t willing to take enough risks. Worryingly for Niort, their best defender Frederic Bong is still out injured and he could be missed in a match like this facing a dangerous Clermont attack. Corrine Diacre’s boys have scored in every single game, the problem is that they have the worst defence in the division. If they could just tighten things up, they’d actually be a half decent side. Fresh from a confidence boosting away win in the cup midweek, I actually wouldn’t be surprised if they got something tonight. I couldn’t be backing Niort as an odds-on shot anyway, the draw risk is too high. Prediction: Niort 1-1 Clermont NO BET Sochaux – Dijon Les Lionceaux have lost both of their home games this season but I think they’ve got a good chance of getting 3 points tonight. Sochaux are still finding their feet at ligue 2 level, but have shown signs of improvement. They were very unlucky to lose against Troyes a couple of weeks ago, whilst in the previous round showed great character to twice come from behind to draw at Arles. What I like about Sochaux is that they’re creating chances, which always gives them a chance of scoring. They just need to put everything together now and convert, whilst also keeping things tight at the back. Dijon travel here undefeated in the Ligue but their achilles heel has always been on the road. In both of the last couple of seasons, their home form has been unquestionable, but things have been different away, their lack of victories especially worrying. Sochaux have had a whole week to prepare for this game whilst Dijon had to play last Saturday, then on Tuesday night in the cup. That fixture list might start to catch up with them here, and it’s not as if they have a squad in great health either, injuries have hampered them in all departments of late. Sochaux look really overpriced on a -0.25 line and at the very worst should be drawing this sort of fixture. As long as they aren’t affected too negatively by their losing home start then bouncing back is likely tonight. Prediction: Sochaux 2-1 Dijon Recommended bet: Sochaux -0.25 @ 2.07 4/10

Re: Ligue 2 > August 29th - September 1st Just sticking with one bet for now. Last week makes me very wary of this ligue. I honestly don't think the gap between bottom and top is very much right now. Literally anyone can beat anyone at the moment and no team deserves to be bigger than a -0.75 favourite in any fixture. You pretty much need some sort of draw cover in any game because of how close things are. I'd love to see Le Havre's price become more attractive but I'm not taking a poor value bet just for the sake of it.

Re: Ligue 2 > August 29th - September 1st Ligue 2, just like for example Dutch Eredivisie is very close league this year. I was hoping that Auxerre will be on fire this season, but with those numbers on injuries, their bid for promotion should be consider already. Same thing for Nancy if they fail to find decent replacement in attacking line. Window is closing very soon, are they at least looking for new strikers?

Re: Ligue 2 > August 29th - September 1st For this round of Ligue 2 I have three choices. I agree with Meatman that at this time of the season the values ??of the teams are very similar and that caution is required. I take teams of Corsica for their excellent results and Sochaux this evening has an excellent chance of getting a win. Sochaux-Dijon Today, 20:00 Football - Fra. Ligue 2 Pick: 1 (-0.25 AH) Stake: 3/10 Odds: 2.30 Bookmaker: Bet365 Laval-Ajaccio Today, 20:00 Football - Fra. Ligue 2 Pick: 2 (-0.25 AH) Stake: 6/10 Odds: 2.40 Bookmaker: Bet365 Gazélec Ajaccio-Troyes Today, 20:00 Football - Fra. Ligue 2 Pick: 1 (0 AH) Stake: 5/10 Odds: 1.95 Bet365 ======================== Per questo turno di Ligue 2 ho fatto tre scelte. Sono daccordo con Meatman che in questo momento della stagione i valori delle squadre sono molto simili e che è necessaria molta cautela. Prendo le squadre della corsica per i loro ottimi risultati ottenuti ed il Sochaux che questa sera ha ottime possibilità di ottenere una vittoria. Sochaux-Dijon Today, 20:00 Football - Fra. Ligue 2 Pick: 1 (-0.25 AH) Stake: 3/10 Odds: 2.30 Bookmaker: Bet365 Laval-Ajaccio Today, 20:00 Football - Fra. Ligue 2 Pick: 2 (-0.25 AH) Stake: 6/10 Odds: 2.40 Bookmaker: Bet365 Gazelec Ajaccio-Troyes Today, 20:00 Football - Fra. Ligue 2 Pick: 1 (0 AH) Stake: 5/10 Odds: 1.95 Bet365

Re: Ligue 2 > August 29th - September 1st meatman... My first post here but I want to thank you for your analysis of the league. I appreciate the time and effort you put into it. it makes my handicapping of the league more complete and for that I thank you. Jason

Re: Ligue 2 > August 29th - September 1st Well on a night like tonight I'm glad to have only lost one bet. No complaints really, Sochaux could've drawn but they wouldn''t have deserved to win. In fact, the way they played 2nd half was downright appalling. They showed no fight after falling behind, just terrible really. Somehow I managed to swerve other losers tonight, it could've been a potential massacre again considering the results. ZERO home wins here which is just unheard of in Ligue 2. This place is a complete graveyard at the moment for favourite and home backers. I can't call this ligue right now, for the first time in a long time I have to admit I haven't got a clue about some sides - things are just too close and loads of teams are of the same ability and strength. We need to see trends change and we need to establish a proper running order. Basically, the ligue needs to settle down. Until then, I just don't see how the division can be profitable.

Re: Ligue 2 > August 29th - September 1st

meatman... My first post here but I want to thank you for your analysis of the league. I appreciate the time and effort you put into it. it makes my handicapping of the league more complete and for that I thank you. Jason
well the way this ligue is going at the moment, there's not much use doing any analysis because things are incredibly difficult to call!

Re: Ligue 2 > August 29th - September 1st Meatman... Your POV helps even if it is tough to call... I primarily bet totals and draws so when I see your analysis it really helps me. When there is this much disorder then you bet draws and totals... Once again I have read your analysis for years and am just now posting. Thanks

Meatman... Your POV helps even if it is tough to call... I primarily bet totals and draws so when I see your analysis it really helps me. When there is this much disorder then you bet draws and totals... Once again I have read your analysis for years and am just now posting. Thanks
well thanks anyway. But after 5 rounds to see just a 30% home win ratio and a whopping 45% draws, it just disheartens me. It will be extremely hard to make profit on this league if those trends continue

Well on a night like tonight I'm glad to have only lost one bet. No complaints really, Sochaux could've drawn but they wouldn''t have deserved to win. In fact, the way they played 2nd half was downright appalling. They showed no fight after falling behind, just terrible really. Somehow I managed to swerve other losers tonight, it could've been a potential massacre again considering the results. ZERO home wins here which is just unheard of in Ligue 2. This place is a complete graveyard at the moment for favourite and home backers. I can't call this ligue right now, for the first time in a long time I have to admit I haven't got a clue about some sides - things are just too close and loads of teams are of the same ability and strength. We need to see trends change and we need to establish a proper running order. Basically, the ligue needs to settle down. Until then, I just don't see how the division can be profitable.
I fully agree with you Meatman. I follow the ligue 2, and the teams are so close in terms of level, that betting on this league seems to be a pure gambling. Yesterday, I was really happy not to place bets. May be the league cup played in mid-week disturbs the clubs. Odds dropped heavily in favor of Dijon, yesterday, and I think the bookies or the syndicates are informed by someone by someone inside the club, because I dont remember such a massive drop half an hour before k-o. Sochaux -0.25 @ 2.01 and finished Sochaux+0.25 @ 1.85....

Re: Ligue 2 > August 29th - September 1st Brest-Nancy Brest lost 1-0 away from home from Orleans last week. They are in bad form and they have failed to score in their last three matches for the Ligue 2. Left back Wilfried Moimbe is doubtful, having missed their last two games. Nancy, on the other hand, lost 3-0 away from home from Auxerre for the League Cup last Tuesday. In their last three matches in all competitions they have one defeat and two draws, having scored only one goal. Moreover, Karim Coulibaly and Fabrice Ehret are doubts for the trip to Brest, while Florent Zitte is injured. I expect a tight match, between two teams that face big troube in their attacking lines. Prediction: Both Teams To Score - NO @ 1.80 Marathonbet (Stake 5/10).