Hull City v Stoke City > Sunday August 24th

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Hull City v Stoke City (13:30 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.48[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.3[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.45[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]99.61 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Hull City v Stoke City > Sunday August 24th Hull City V Stoke City Stoke City +0.25 @ 1.847 (Pinnacle) > 5% BR Differing results for these two sides on the opening weekend. Hull registered a single goal victory at QPR while Stoke narrowly lost at home to Villa in a somewhat tepid affair. Hull have had a head start on their EPL cohorts with competitive action commencing on the 31st July rather than the 16th August. So far Steve Bruce’s side have not really wowed me to any great degree. They looked fairly cohesive against QPR, maintaining their usual style of threatening from wide positions and attacking set-pieces. Certainly nothing too radical or menacing in terms of approach and we see the tigers take all 3pts at Loftus Road thanks to some tepid defending from a set-piece. The Stoke game against Villa was a gold standard yawn feast with not much between the two sides. A stalemate would have been a fair outcome had Stoke keeper Asmir Begovic not produced an opening day horror show for the home crowd. Stoke will need to improve their cohesiveness in the final third, Mame Biram Diouf will need some time to gel with his new teammates but even so, Stoke have a lot of options going forward now with an impressive squad. Victor Moses signed on-loan from Chelsea during the week while forward Peter Odemwingie may return for the Hull game. Throw in Bojan, Arnautovic, Ireland, Crouch and Walters then we can see the full array of attacking options Mark Hughes now has at his disposal. Stoke were generally poor on the road last season but the team has made clear progress under Hughes. His side have only lost two league games away from home since February and those were at Manchester City and Chelsea. I expect to see a reaction from them for the trip to Hull with any hint of complacency well and truly out the window after the opening day surprise against Villa. We talk about Stokes’ attacking options but it’s not such an embarrassment of riches for Steve Bruce at Hull. Marquee summer signing Robert Snodgrass has done his kneecap and will be out for sometime, couple this with the departure of Shane Long and it’s almost back to square one for Hull in an attacking sense. I saw an interview with Steve Bruce earlier in the week and it looked like he’d been punched in the balls when talking about these latest setbacks. So we know that Hull are strong from attacking set-pieces but paradoxically they are weak at defending set-pieces. Centre-back Curtis Davies is indeed a beast in the air but Chester and Bruce less so. It was a surprising theme which ran throughout last season and just watching the QPR game last week you could see this was still a problem for Steve Bruce’s side. Harry Maguire has been bought in from Sheffield Utd but this will not fix the problem over night. Stoke are particularly strong on ariel duels and you would expect their height and physicality to be a valuable asset against a side which struggles to defend set plays. Not only that but Hull’s menace from attacking set-plays and crosses in the box is likely to be dampened by Stokes’ ariel prowess, particularly in the defensive third. I’m sure Hull will buy some more attacking players before the end of the transfer window, but, as of right now, it’s going to be difficult for them to break teams down and score lots of goals in the current circumstances. Combine this with the fact that their main strategic weapons are probably going to be less effective against a team like Stoke then we can start to see why I am leaning towards the away side here. In terms of Hulls’ Europa league game that took place on Thursday, Steve Bruce rotated heavily and rested many of his first team players so I don’t think this can be considered a negative factor for fitness etc, especially since it’s early in the season. The one thing I would say is that it will cut down the amount of time Hull have to prepare for the Stoke game and so it’s not an ideal situation for any team that has to do the old Thursday to Sunday Europa league run. I feel this Sundays game between Hull and Stoke is going to be hard fought and closely contested. Stoke on a positive handicap seems to be the way to go here, their price is a bit big all things considered.

Re: Hull City v Stoke City > Sunday August 24th 3pts Draw 23/10 BetVictor This looks like quite a tight game to me. Neither side concede many goals and neither of them really score a load so it just has a low scoring draw feel to it to me. The spanner in the works could be Hull’s midweek exploits but most of the players who will play here didn’t play there so I don’t see that being too big an issue so with that in mind I’m happy to get on the draw here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/hull-vs-stoke-betting-sunday-s-televised-opener-can-end-in-deadlock

Re: Hull City v Stoke City > Sunday August 24th Hull have the strangest goal scored stats for second half home teams. In last seasons home games they scored 9 second half goals. The crazy part here is that 6 of these goals came against Fulham. That means they scored just 3 second half goals in 18 games at home. They only managed 4 1st half goals in their last 10 home games. So it's unlikely this game will have many goals. The last 3 meetings in the league finished [TABLE] [TR] [TD]2014-03-29[/TD] [TD]Stoke[/TD] [TD]Hull[/TD] [TD]0-0[/TD] [TD]1-0[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]2013-12-14[/TD] [TD]Hull[/TD] [TD]Stoke[/TD] [TD]0-0[/TD] [TD]0-0[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]2010-04-03[/TD] [TD]Stoke[/TD] [TD]Hull[/TD] [TD]1-0[/TD] [TD]2-0[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE] I like three bets here The no to btts is 7/10 on betvictor 2 units The 0-0 or 1-1 draw is 23/10 betvictor for 1 unit Either team to win it 1-0 is 14/5 betvictor for 1 unit

Re: Hull City v Stoke City > Sunday August 24th Bet Stoke,i remember backing them last season in match between at Hull,they should won,better team ,players ,added to squad well and with Hull playing midweek away and bad result not good for them. Snodgreds and Sagbo are out is a blow,I personally don't rate Jelivic and Ince.Stoke did have a poor away record last season but did pick up towards end. Stoke got good record vs lost 1 last 10. Hull not won back to back in prem since September. Wilkinson only doubt for Stoke Bet Stoke 11/5 Sky BET

Re: Hull City v Stoke City > Sunday August 24th Team news - Hull City v Stoke City (13:30 BST) Hull boss Steve Bruce makes two changes to the team that beat QPR on the opening day. Stephen Quinn comes in for the injured Robert Snodgrass and centre-back Alex Bruce is replaced by Paul McShane. Mark Hughes also makes two changes to his Stoke side. Steve Sidwell is handed his first start since joining the club from Fulham and Nigeria forward Peter Odemwingie returns to the team after recuperating from his exertions at the World Cup. Hull City XI: McGregor; Chester, McShane, Davies; Elmohamady, Livermore, Huddlestone, Quinn, Robertson, Ince; Jelavic. Stoke City XI: Begovic; Bardsley, Shawcross, Wilson, Pieters; Nzonzi, Whelan, Odemwingie, Sidwell, Arnautovic; Diouf.

Re: Hull City v Stoke City > Sunday August 24th

Hull have the strangest goal scored stats for second half home teams. In last seasons home games they scored 9 second half goals. The crazy part here is that 6 of these goals came against Fulham. That means they scored just 3 second half goals in 18 games at home. They only managed 4 1st half goals in their last 10 home games. So it's unlikely this game will have many goals. The last 3 meetings in the league finished [TABLE] [TR] [TD]2014-03-29[/TD] [TD]Stoke[/TD] [TD]Hull[/TD] [TD]0-0[/TD] [TD]1-0[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]2013-12-14[/TD] [TD]Hull[/TD] [TD]Stoke[/TD] [TD]0-0[/TD] [TD]0-0[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]2010-04-03[/TD] [TD]Stoke[/TD] [TD]Hull[/TD] [TD]1-0[/TD] [TD]2-0[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE] I like three bets here The no to btts is 7/10 on betvictor 2 units The 0-0 or 1-1 draw is 23/10 betvictor for 1 unit Either team to win it 1-0 is 14/5 betvictor for 1 unit
sick, Stoke goal comes from a complete miss-call from the linesman/ref regarding throw in.