** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Aston Villa v Newcastle United > Saturday August 23rd

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Aston Villa v Newcastle United (12:45 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.66[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.2[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]97.42 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Aston Villa v Newcastle United > Saturday August 23rd Having watched most of the games this last weekend I was very impressed with Newcastle. Ok, it's a damn tough ask to face Man City first game of the season. One game that I did not see was the Stoke v Villa game. The Magpies have made some excellent signings, and it promises to be a more than decent season. They showed pace in midfield and attack and lesser teams than Man City will struggle with them. I thought that the energy and pace of Cabella and Sissoko was excellent. Think it is more than likely that they will take something away from Villa park. The away win looks a decent bet here. Opinions appreciated ....

Re: Aston Villa v Newcastle United > Saturday August 23rd

Having watched most of the games this last weekend I was very impressed with Newcastle. Ok, it's a damn tough ask to face Man City first game of the season. One game that I did not see was the Stoke v Villa game. The Magpies have made some excellent signings, and it promises to be a more than decent season. They showed pace in midfield and attack and lesser teams than Man City will struggle with them. I thought that the energy and pace of Cabella and Sissoko was excellent. Think it is more than likely that they will take something away from Villa park. The away win looks a decent bet here. Opinions appreciated ....
Yeah I agree too the Magpies can probably snatch the victory against Aston Villa, I can see the Villans are not making any impact and this will be a big problem. And last season theur campaign weren't that good enough.

Re: Aston Villa v Newcastle United > Saturday August 23rd Newcastle 0AH - 2.09 - Ladbrokes Draw at worst here for Newcastle. Aston Villa imo didn't really deserve 3 points at Stoke, but perhaps deserved a point for the way they defended. Newcastle played fairly well against Man City who didn't look up to speed, they defended ok and has a couple of decent chances, i do still think City deserved 3 points though. Aston Villa are still missing Benteke and Kozak although J.Cole will probably be back in the squad, Newcastle are missing Santon, Cisse and Tiote, Siem De Jong who was Newcastle's best player in pre season is back in the squad and could even start. Aston Villa have a very poor record at home for the last 3 seasons now, 11/12 they had 4 wins, 7 draws 8 losses, 12/13 they had 5 wins, 5 draws, 9 losses, 13/14 they had 6 wins, 3 draws, 10 losses, and i cant see why it would be different this season. Newcastle's away form is inconsistent, 11/12 was 8 wins, 3 draws, 8 losses, 12/13 was a disaster for them, 2 wins, 7 draws, 10 losses and last season was pretty decent with 7 wins, 1 draw, 11 losses. Newcastle have won there last 3 matches against Villa and are undefeated against them in there last 6. I really like Newcastle 0AH at 2.07

Re: Aston Villa v Newcastle United > Saturday August 23rd Sell the corners at 10.25, Spin have their midpoint at 10.50 whilst mine is 0.30 lower at 10.20. Aston Villa averaged 4.95 corners for and 5.21 against at Villa Park last season, Newcastle averaged 3.53 corners for and 5.79 against on their travels - I see no reason to expect that to change this season. It's worth noting that the fixed odds firms have their odds spot on.

Re: Aston Villa v Newcastle United > Saturday August 23rd 4pts Newcastle to beat Villa (DNB) 21/20 Ladbrokes In a weird way I think this match will suit Newcastle. Expectation might have gone up a bit at Villa Park after their opening win and a fairly young side playing in front of an expectant home crowd isn’t easy. Nobody expected Newcastle to win last week but they are expected to go well here. They played well last week and I think if they repeat that performance they can get something from this game. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/aston-villa-vs-newcastle-betting-newcastle-favoured-to-come-through-at-villa-park

Re: Aston Villa v Newcastle United > Saturday August 23rd Aston Villa at 2.62 Plenty of love for Newcastle after looking decent in the opening day defeat to Man City. The new signings up front looked lively and Siem de Jong comes into contention which will reinforce their options considerably. With that said, I think Villa's against the odds win at Stoke is being undervalued. The new look back 4 looked an improvement on last season and with N'Zogbia back Villa now have a differential in midfield. If we go back into the end of last season, Villa are a better home side than Newcastle are an away side. Villa also have a decent record against Newcastle at Villa Park. The Villa price looks to just have a touch of value at 2.62.

Re: Aston Villa v Newcastle United > Saturday August 23rd wow, an absolute stinker of a game, Villa without a shot on target in 90 minutes must be a record. Could prob be bettered by having no shots at goal and scoring an own goal :rollin

Re: Aston Villa v Newcastle United > Saturday August 23rd

Sell the corners at 10.25, Spin have their midpoint at 10.50 whilst mine is 0.30 lower at 10.20. Aston Villa averaged 4.95 corners for and 5.21 against at Villa Park last season, Newcastle averaged 3.53 corners for and 5.79 against on their travels - I see no reason to expect that to change this season. It's worth noting that the fixed odds firms have their odds spot on.
14 corners, bet lost.