** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

UEFA Europa League > August 20th & 21st

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Europa League > August 20th & 21st Panathinaikos-Midtjylland over 2,5 2,36 Very good price for two attacking teams, and I think big mistake by bookies. Pana failed to qualify to CL playoffs, because lost at home 1-2 agaist Standard Liege, followed by a scorless draw in Belgium. The last 20-25 min. in the second game at Athens, Pana missed 4-5 glorius chances, and two times the ball hit the bar. Very efficient and proven strikers in the faces of Berg and Petric. The problems are on the back line and on gollie position. Schildenfeld is very strong in the air, but slow when the ball is down on the field. He can't change directions easy. Kotsolis at the goal, is too old and without a full season since 5 years ago. Midtjylland leads the Danish league after 5 rounds and failed to score only once, against the former champions Aalborg (2-0). They have the same coach for 3 years and they adapted a well organized and attacking style of playing. The two strikers Igboun and Rasmoussen, are good scorers with 2 each one so far. I 'm going to take this special price at 2,36, because the teams have offensive mind and approach on the games. Plus the good scorers up front.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday August 21st

I know that there is a big diference betwen France and Romanian league but game betwen OL and Astra should be interesting. OL is not the same team few years back when they played few years in a row Quarter final in CL.They have decent team but in France they should finish betwen 3-5 place. On the other hand Astra is maybe best team in Romania this year they are playing attacking football and I am expecting them to score in France. In previous round even Mlada Bolesov score one in France so in this game I wiil go BTTS YES @2.15 local bookies. GL
"On the other hand Astra is maybe best team in Romania this year..." - you make me laugh !!! By far the best team in Romania is Steaua Bucharest !!! Yeah, Astra and Petrolul should be there in the top 3 I expect but only a fool would consider Astra better than Steaua.

"On the other hand Astra is maybe best team in Romania this year..." - you make me laugh !!! By far the best team in Romania is Steaua Bucharest !!! Yeah' date=' Astra and Petrolul should be there in the top 3 I expect but only a fool would consider Astra better than Steaua.[/quote'] Easy mate, could you please show more respect to other users :ok

"On the other hand Astra is maybe best team in Romania this year..." - you make me laugh !!! By far the best team in Romania is Steaua Bucharest !!! Yeah' date=' Astra and Petrolul should be there in the top 3 I expect but only a fool would consider Astra better than Steaua.[/quote'] This is for sure a fan reaction. Chill mate. Astra and Petrolul are pretty equal with Steaua this year and will be a very interesting title fight. In the last match, with Ludogoret, the captain of Steaua was Prepelita, a fringe player so no need to add anything else :) For Lyon - Astra, I don't think the French will have an easy job, I expect Astra to put a decent fight, maybe Both to score or +1.5 to Astra would be good bets. Possible score: 2-1 In the other match Petrolul - Dinamo Zagreb, I can't see Petrolul loosing at home. We all know Razvan Lucescu as being a very caution coach and probably he will more concern in not receiving goal instead of winning big. So I am thinking that under 2.5 @ 1.70 could be the winning bet here. Possible score: 1-0/1-1

Re: UEFA Europa League > August 20th & 21st PEC Zwolle v Sparta Praha PEC Zwolle: Van Hintum (2/0 d), Thomas (2/1 m), Lukoki (2/0 f)(all doubtful), Karagounis (0/0 f), Labylle (0/0 f), Begois (0/0 g), Broerse (2/0 d) Sparta Praha: Vácha (3/0 m), Holek (1/0 m), Juliš (0/0 f) Panathinaikos v FC Midtjylland Panathinaikos (last term): Koutroumbis (31/2 d), Klonaridis (32/9 f) FC Midtjylland: K. Nielsen (5/1 d), Andersson (4/1 m), Ajilore (0/0 m) HJK Helsinki v Rapid Wien HJK Helsinki: Tainio (13/1 m), Schüller (11/1 m)(both doubtful), Tørnes (22/0 first goalkeeper), Malolo (1/0 m) Rapid Wien: S. Hofmann (5/1 m, probably in), Alar (4/1 f), Schimpelsberger (0/0 d), Kuen (0/0 m), Schobesberger (3/0 m), Grozurek (3/0 m) Information from more then 50 football leagues and competitions at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Re: UEFA Europa League > August 20th & 21st Is it only me or Dinamo Minsk at 2.50 worths trying ? They are 8-1-1 in last 10 home games scoring 18 and conceding 4. Maybe even if Nacional would be able to hold on to a draw, still can catch Dinamo AH+0 at 1.75. Maybe anyone who follows any of these two teams can supply some feedback, cheers!

"On the other hand Astra is maybe best team in Romania this year..." - you make me laugh !!! By far the best team in Romania is Steaua Bucharest !!! Yeah' date=' Astra and Petrolul should be there in the top 3 I expect but [u']only a fool would consider Astra better than Steaua.
No need for words like this. We are here sharing our opinions and all of us is here to try making some money. I respect your opinion but please stop insult other people. Anyway back to business...Partizan plays against Nefchi and so far played 4 games agains teams from Azerbeijan and have score 1 3 0 . Partizan is favorite but I am expecting them to concetrate more on defense as they wouldn like Nefci to score,thats how they were eliminate of Ludogorets in CL. This looks like under 2.5 goals but so far best I found was @ 1.67

Re: UEFA Europa League > August 20th & 21st

Is it only me or Dinamo Minsk at 2.50 worths trying ? They are 8-1-1 in last 10 home games scoring 18 and conceding 4. Maybe even if Nacional would be able to hold on to a draw, still can catch Dinamo AH+0 at 1.75. Maybe anyone who follows any of these two teams can supply some feedback, cheers!
It is being played at BATE's home ground so no home stadium advantage.

Alessan' date=' what criteria have you used to conclude this way?[/quote'] Dinamo (Z) has a good record in EL qualifications, last seven years they are playing group stage in EL or even CL. That is some expirience, on the other hand - Petrolul is a "new club", which was in second Romanian league until a couple of seasons ago. Dinamo did good in the away leg on most of those fixtures. Dumitru Mitu (ex-Dinamo Romanian) stated that A. Mutu is not leaving Petrolul, so that rumor was untrue. However, I don't see 2.20 as a valuable price on Petrolul.

Re: UEFA Europa League > August 20th & 21st I think Partizan home win is on of the best picks from today's card. Partizan were unlucky to be eliminated by Ludogoretz second year in a row despite being the weaker side. Their fains are fantastic and enjoy their time in Europe. Being eliminated at this stage by an azeri team would be a complete disaster and this Partizan team has no more room for error. They are lucky to get a weak team for the draw and it is about time they make sth of this.

Re: UEFA Europa League > August 20th & 21st Partizan players went on strike and refused to train on 13th of August because they haven't been paid since April. Also the club owes them money for two last seasons. After that they did travel to Niš and beat "Radnicki Nis" by 4:1, and Partizan does look good, but the question about team discipline and money lingers over there... Maybe they were promised their payments if they qualify and earn money from UEFA?

Partizan players went on strike and refused to train on 13th of August because they haven't been paid since April. Also the club owes them money for two last seasons. After that they did travel to Niš and beat "Radnicki Nis" by 4:1, and Partizan does look good, but the question about team discipline and money lingers over there... Maybe they were promised their payments if they qualify and earn money from UEFA?
Dont worry about that.....when they play in europe they give 100%. Players now that for them to move in bigger club is good games in europe as usually lot of scouts watching games in EL. Partizan captain Stankovic sign for Palermo but will play in game against Nefchi. Sent from my XT615 using PL Forum

Great first post. I'm on Rijeka although I'm kicking myself I didn't get on yesterday when they were 1.72 for the straight win' date=' price has dropped like a stone across the board.[/quote'] I know it's not the same but Rijeka >1.5 goals is offered @1.72 at bet365 unless it's 1-0 this is also a good bet, and covers unlikely scenarios like 2-2 when a straight win loses

Re: UEFA Europa League > August 20th & 21st Nor did Aalborg play shockingly good in Zagreb nor is Dinamo a level above Petrolul. Dinamo has quality players but are a joke of a team right now, with a joke of a coach. Petrolul @2.40 is value, I think they can repeat the result from the friendly match in preseason (2-0).

Re: UEFA Europa League > August 20th & 21st Won't have time to say too much about Rio Ave and Nacional, both portuguese teams today. But will give some hints, although I can't consider this bets as official, as I'm not getting involved. Nacional Nacional lost the first match against Moreirense at home (0-1). Which is hard to believe, as Nacional is usually a team that knows how to score, but I can't be surprised. Moreirense has a coach who likes to shut up shop and that's what happened since the start. 0-0 was the fair result but Moreirense snatched the winner at 80'. Nacional could struggle physically due to the trip, but they have a very good attack, IMO. Last year they were the best counter attacking team of the league, and if Minsk is slow at the back, they will surely be exposed and will concede. Nacional will probably play Rondon and Marco Matias on the wings, very fast players, and upfront they have Suk, who knows how to finish. Well supported by Ali Ghazal and Gomaa, I expect Nacional to try to score 1 and take the away goal. Wouldn't be surprised of the 1-1 scoreline. One final word, if I forget to come by for the 2nd leg: Nacional will probably win at home. They usually have a big home factor, don't look that much to that Moreirense loss. Stadium is above 1,000 meters and other teams struggle there. Moreover, the Dinamo Minsk trip will be heavy for them. Also think Nacional will come through, so if they lose, backing them above evens to qualify might be a good opportunity. Rio Ave Rio Ave will face Elfsborg. I don't know the strength of Elfsborg compared to IFK Gotemburg, but Rio Ave could be one team for the headlines in Portugal, this season. They seem very competent at the back, they still haven't conceded a goal in 90 minutes for 4 official matches. I think Elfsborg should be stronger than IFK, though. They also look in solid form and seem to know how to score. But I would say this Rio Ave could be too much for them. Would expect an Under 2.5 in both matches and Rio Ave to qualify at the end.

Re: UEFA Europa League > August 20th & 21st Real Sociedad-Krasnodar Real Sociedad has already had two games in Europa League and in the previous round left out Aberdeen with two wins (2-0 home 3-2 away). Sunday faces Eimpar for the first day of the Primera Division. Experienced defender Ansotegi is unavailable for the match against Krasnodar. Krasnodar participates in Europa League from the 2nd round and has four wins against Sillamae Kalev (4-0 away, 5-0 home) and Diosgyor (5-1 away, 3-0 home). Last Sunday Krasnodar won Rostov 2-0 away from home for the russian Premier League and has been undefeated in its 14 last games (10-4-0). Prediction: Stake 4/10, X2 @ 2.00

Re: UEFA Europa League > August 20th & 21st Sociedad - Krasnodar Krasnodar have been in top form for many months already. The team at this moment and this condition is probably even a little better than Zenit Petersburg. They are hungry for European tournaments glory, because they don't experience European footie regularly. Real Sociedad is still in summer preparation, with just two official games so far - the previous leg against Aberdeen. They didn't look convincing at all in both games. The team is still not at their best physical and fitness condition. Also, the motivation of teams from Primera to play in EL is always questionable. Krasnodar DNB @ 3.0 (bet365)

Just to add something from a different POV on this one... Dinamo (Z) players are almost twice the worth of Petrolul squad. It doesn't say much, but there is a difference in class. If AaB didn't played shockingly good in Zagreb - Dinamo would be now in the Champions League play-offs. Petrolul is a level below. A. Mutu, the star player of Petrolul is 35 and really not in the form of his life. Also, he is maybe moving to Fiorentina so maybe his mind won't be in this match. The things moving the scale in Petrolul's advantage are a sold-out stadium and the 2:0 win in friendly match two months ago. Petrolul may have the advantage in the first leg, but the price of 2.2 is rather short, all things considered.
I have to disagree with some of your points. First, Mutu is not the star of Petrolul - he is just the most known name. Players like Tamuz (former top scorer of Hapoel Tel Aviv), Albin and Texeira are much more important for the team. Second, saying that Dinamo value is twice as big as Petrolul is very speculative. I am very familiar with both teams and don't see any value gap between them and I think that overall Petrolul has much more balanced squad. They have a number of very good players, who can be top quality in the Croatian league, for instance: Juan Albin- former Espanyol and Getafe, excellent attacking midfielder; Toto Tamuz - he was the best striker in the Israeli league, which is stronger than Croatian; Felipe Teixeira - former WBA, probably one of the best midfielders in the Romanian league; Marinescu - very experienced and quality midfielder; Geraldo Alves - excellent defender, one of the best in the Romanian league...... Dinamo also has some very good players like Soudani, Machado, Wilson Eduadrdo etc....But they are not balanced - their defense is poor - the center defense pair consists of old and slow like an elephant Simunic and very inexperienced Simunovic. Petrolul is much better in this department. Also, Dinamo coach is a joke. He is the brother of the owner and he's got no coaching experience whatsoever, I am not sure he got a license even. His only qualification is being a brother to the owner. Dinamo last year in Europa League were the worst team in their group. I remember our local Ludogorets literally tearing them apart in both games. Unless, Dinamo has become a lot better than 8-9 months ago, they will stand no chance. Last but not least, Petrolul home ground is very tough place to visit. Full stands, fanatic support, fierce pressure from the home team from the start.

Re: UEFA Europa League > August 20th & 21st I like also Quarabag at home against Twente. Dutch football is deteriorating a lot in the last years. Only Ajax keep some level, the other teams worsened too much in European competitions. Twente again sold their star players this summer - Dushan Tadic and Promes. The start of the new season for the team has been poor. Overall, they are young and inexperienced team. Quarabag has seen rapid improvement due to large investment in the team. Especially at home, they are very strong and have turned their stadium into a fortress. Last round they defeated RB Salzburg, which is way stronger than Twente. In the past years they have a number of strong European performances at home. The stadium will be full and Quarabag welcomes back their superstar - Brazilian Reynaldo. Quarabag @ 3.25 (Pinnacle)

Re: UEFA Europa League > August 20th & 21st AKTOBE - LEGIA Normally I would take a bet on hosts, but after this crime made by UEFA all people on Legia are united - fans, owner, players, coaching staff. They showed great confidence in the domestic league, they won games as usually, but their performance is surprisingly good and exciting. Perhaps Both to score is the best option as Legia defenders are far better in attacking department and their goalkeeper is a solid one, but just not a miracle provider as he was two season ago. Polish media made quite decent research about todays opponent so I expect the same from Legia staff. There is opinion that Aktobe is hot blood team so best way for Legia will be to stay focus and wait for counter.

Re: UEFA Europa League > August 20th & 21st DINAMO MINSK - NACIONAL Portugal league is obviously stronger than Belarus, but clearly there is a big gap between top teams from Portugal and a team like Nacional. Visitors lost some key players during summer transfer window and new additions are not so good. Besides, season in Portugal just started and in opening round Nacional suffered 0:1 home defeat to newcomers from Moreirense. Another bad omen for them. Dinamo clearly underestimated here. They are on best way to make similar noise like their biggest rivals BATE. In previous round they beat CFR Cluj from Romania and they did it in both games. In my opinion Cluj is not worst or less experienced than this Nacional team. I believe that we are witness of real progress in Belarus football. This is last season when odds on them are so big and I'm not going to miss the opportunity. In Belarus football BATE is no longer the only bright thing. I think that they slowly go the same way as Ukraine did 15 years ago. At the beginning there was only Dinamo Kiev, but then Shaktar appeared and now you would not dare bet also against Dnipro or Kharkov. I see progress, I don't expect they will be anytime soon so strong as Ukraine sides, but clearly they deserve for similar level of respect like for example some teams from Cyprus. Nacional reached their best last season and now they should starting falling apart and summer transfer window is good example for their lack of ambitions to be a consistent solid side.

Re: UEFA Europa League > August 20th & 21st AEL LIMASSOL - TOTTENHAM I believe that Spurs are on good way to progress into group phase, but not necessarily they will secure this aim today already. Adebayor, Eriksen, Lennon, Kaboul, Capoue and Vorm did not even travel to Cyprus. I also expect that another couple of important players will be on the bench. On the other hand hosts will be fully motivated. They were knocked out from Champions League by Zenit, but still they managed to won 1:0 at home and their away game against Russians was not so bad as a result suggests. I know that Spurs earned a perfect record during their group stage campaign in last season, but still all their opponents from group stage were not clearly better than Limassol. I expect them to struggle a bit in this one and waiting for home game to reclaim what belongs to them. Last but not least factors for this pick are bad pitch conditions and clearly not English kind of weather.

Re: UEFA Europa League > August 20th & 21st Nacionnal is not much of an attacking team leaving out the fact that they will need the away goal but Minsk should edge this one by a goal or 2 maybe but it will be hard. I would give them the home advantage and a bit of luck for the return leg in Portugal. My opinion Minsk 1:0 or 2:0 ......good luck

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday August 21st It looks good on a paper but Metalist lost a lot of players this summer and they are not as strong as they used to be.New signing azvedo will not play.Dyshlenkovych picked up injury in last round,minus few South Americans. Mealist prob line-up: Shust-Vuljagra,Gobin,Guje,Yusuf-Toress,Edmar-Kulakov,Xavier,Rebenok-Zhazha. Tbh I would stay away from this match. metalist' attack has becom weker. Under 2.5 goals. looks more then likely I see another ukr. team struggle this round.Zorja had some luck against Molde and Feyenord will b too much for them.Also Zorja will miss their centerback Vernidub. feyenord AH0 is my choice. GL

Re: UEFA Europa League > August 20th & 21st FK Akobe-Legia Warsaw. Legia -1 AH @ 3.1 B 365 Ever since Legia were ousted by UEFA from the CL due to a technical issue they have been venting their spleen in the Polish league. Eight goals without reply in two league games says they are angry. I expect that angry energy to be channeled into the Europa League in their bid to prove a point and in doing so I believe that they are a team to be feared in the competition as a whole. I doubt if anyone could logically deny that Celtic are more than fortunate to be in the CL instead of Legia. They were outplayed in both legs. However rules are rules and the admin staff at Legia should hang their heads in shame at their obscene incompetence that denied the team a well earned victory. FK Akobe went out of the CL to Steaua Bucharest. The Kazakhstan outfit are nothing special as far as their general form goes. Looking at the bigger picture, any team that can destroy Celtic home and away in Europe deserves to be taken seriously, something that the mighty Barcelona and AC Milan have failed to do in recent years. Legia for me. GL

Nacionnal is not much of an attacking team leaving out the fact that they will need the away goal but Minsk should edge this one by a goal or 2 maybe but it will be hard. I would give them the home advantage and a bit of luck for the return leg in Portugal. My opinion Minsk 1:0 or 2:0 ......good luck
Nacional is a good counter-attacking team, though.

AKTOBE - LEGIA Normally I would take a bet on hosts, but after this crime made by UEFA all people on Legia are united - fans, owner, players, coaching staff. They showed great confidence in the domestic league, they won games as usually, but their performance is surprisingly good and exciting. Perhaps Both to score is the best option as Legia defenders are far better in attacking department and their goalkeeper is a solid one, but just not a miracle provider as he was two season ago. Polish media made quite decent research about todays opponent so I expect the same from Legia staff. There is opinion that Aktobe is hot blood team so best way for Legia will be to stay focus and wait for counter.
Forgive my ignorance , but which crime did uefa commit ?