** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Champions League Third Qualifying Round 1st Leg - Tues 29th & Wed 30th July

Re: Champions League Third Qualifying Round 1st Leg - Tues 29th & Wed 30th July

Can't see Celtic getting knocked out on home soil personally. Even if they don't play on their natural turf there is such a huge difference in performances compared to home and away that I'd expect them to be better concentrated and more organised at home to an average Polish side.
In my book, Celtic are an average side themselves.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was in fact an away game' date=' the return leg will be in St.Petersburg. Zenit did dominate in Cyprus but failed to convert a few good chances they had. No problem, they should win the return leg comfortably.[/quote'] I forgot that - I wouldn't want to bank on them winning the second leg at home really, although of course they should do

Hey folks, I'm looking for an accumulator with qualification bets, and was thinking about the following teams: Sparta Praha, Steaua, Salzburg, Zenit. What do you think, or what else you might suggest? Zenit and Salzburg should be pretty straightforward, and the odds just confirm this. I rate Steaua as a better team than Aktobe, but they might face some problems in defence as Gardos is still out injured, and Varela was left out against Rapid. According to their manager, he might also miss the first match against the Kazakh champion. Regarding Sparta Praha I agree with HastGill1, they should advance to the final qualification round. Malmö was all but impressive against a relatively weak Ventspils. I was also looking at Apoel, Lille or Dnipro, but am not completely sure about those. What do you think? Any useful input is greatly appreciated :)
Thanks God I stayed away from betting on Sparta's qualification!!!

No shit. You really thought Malmö would lost at home with 20k behind them?
Before the first leg I was thinking about backing Sparta to qualify for the play-off. Not about backing the Czechs to win in Sweden yesterday..

No shit. You really thought Malmö would lost at home with 20k behind them?
Panathinaikos lost at home with one of the best crowds in Europe behind them. This is not an important factor when determining the outcome of a match. Sparta lost yesterday because they commit a lot of defensive mistakes, not because of the great support by the Malmo fans. ;)