** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Champions League Third Qualifying Round 1st Leg - Tues 29th & Wed 30th July

Re: Champions League Third Qualifying Round 1st Leg - Tues 29th & Wed 30th July

Thanks for your input' date=' sir! I really appreciate it. Also, I agree that if we do not spend and sacrifice time on researching and analyzing all of our picks we might not find the best value. Thanks again![/quote'] Bobbix if you can bet on Nordicbet they offer 2.07 on the same acca.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Champions League Third Qualifying Round 1st Leg - Tues 29th & Wed 30th July Sparta Prague - Malmo I am approaching this match on the basis of how Czech and Swedish teams fare in Europe in the last seasons. In 2011/2012 Victoria finished third in their Champions League group ahead of BATE. In 2012/2013 both Victoria and Sparta passed the group stages of the Europa League, Victoria topping the group ahead of cup holders Atletico Madrid, Sparta finished second ahead of last season's finalists Athletic Bilbao. Sparta were eliminated with a last minute goal to Chelsea in the next round, while Victoria exited the competition in the last 16, but before that thumped Napoli 5-0 on aggregate. Last season Victoria again finished third in their Champions League group ahead of Russian champions CSKA Moscow, eliminated Shakhtar Donetsk in the last 32 of the Europa League and crashed out to Lyon in the next stage. The same season Slovan Liberec eliminated Udinese in the play-off round and after that passed the Europa League group stage. While Victoria, Sparta and Slovan teams made a habit of eliminating top European teams in recent years, Swedish teams did not enjoy nearly the same success. In 2011/2012 Malmo finished last in their Europa League group with 1 point, in 2012/2013 AIK also finished last, but with 4 points. Last season Elfsborg finished third in their Europa League group with 4 points, 8 points below second placed Esjberg. I can't remember when was the last time a Swedish team participated in the Champions League group stages or made it through a UEFA Cup/Europa League group, surely not in the last 10 seasons. At the moment, Czech club football is miles ahead of Swedish club football. Sparta -1 AH 1.90 Bet365 High stakes

Bobbix if you can bet on Nordicbet they offer 2.07 on the same acca.
Thanks man, but unfortunately I'm not from a Scandinavian country so cannot play on NordicBet. They closed my account a couple of months ago :(

Sparta Prague - Malmo I am approaching this match on the basis of how Czech and Swedish teams fare in Europe in the last seasons. In 2011/2012 Victoria finished third in their Champions League group ahead of BATE. In 2012/2013 both Victoria and Sparta passed the group stages of the Europa League, Victoria topping the group ahead of cup holders Atletico Madrid, Sparta finished second ahead of last season's finalists Athletic Bilbao. Sparta were eliminated with a last minute goal to Chelsea in the next round, while Victoria exited the competition in the last 16, but before that thumped Napoli 5-0 on aggregate. Last season Victoria again finished third in their Champions League group ahead of Russian champions CSKA Moscow, eliminated Shakhtar Donetsk in the last 32 of the Europa League and crashed out to Lyon in the next stage. The same season Slovan Liberec eliminated Udinese in the play-off round and after that passed the Europa League group stage. While Victoria, Sparta and Slovan teams made a habit of eliminating top European teams in recent years, Swedish teams did not enjoy nearly the same success. In 2011/2012 Malmo finished last in their Europa League group with 1 point, in 2012/2013 AIK also finished last, but with 4 points. Last season Elfsborg finished third in their Europa League group with 4 points, 8 points below second placed Esjberg. I can't remember when was the last time a Swedish team participated in the Champions League group stages or made it through a UEFA Cup/Europa League group, surely not in the last 10 seasons. At the moment, Czech club football is miles ahead of Swedish club football. Sparta -1 AH 1.90 Bet365 High stakes
THIS IS SPARTAAAAAAA

Re: Champions League Third Qualifying Round 1st Leg - Tues 29th & Wed 30th July Very bad news for Ludogorets. They will be missing nearly all their defense! Out for this game are: Mozzi and Bart - the central defense pair, Terziev - central defender, substitute for Mozzi/Bart; Angulo - regular right back; Minev - used to be regular right back last season, now he is substitute for Angulo. Now Ludogorets are left in central defense with only Alexandrov and Mantula. Alexandrov got a heavy knock on Saturday against Cherno More and I am not sure that even if he starts, he will be in top condition. Mantula is a very poor defender for the standards of Ludogorets and they concede almost always when he plays. On the right back, Ludogorets can play only Brazilian Choco. The guy is fast and has good dribbling, but he is pathetic in his defensive duties. I see definitely value on Partizan now. My bet will be Partizan or Draw.

Sparta Praha v Malmo FF Fancy Sparta in this one, I have watched Malmo a couple of times lately and they haven’t impressed. Sparta are very solid at home winning every competitive domestic league game there last season, they started their league programme on Friday and won 2-1 away to Bohemians. Sparta thumped Levadia 7-0 in the home game of the previous round, before drawing 1-1 away with virtually an entire reserve XI. A few first teamers missed the game on Friday they were Mat?jovský, Krej?í, and Lukáš Mare?ek, I can’t find much information about how injured Mat?jovský and Krej?í are but hopefully they are not serious and I think they must have been training ground injuries, Krej?í especially is a key player, Mare?ek only has a cold and will play. Malmo will have a days fewer rest as they are currently playing a league game, those who read last weeks thread will know they aren’t impressing us currently and were probably the most disappointing side in the last round. They beat Ventspils 1-0 over two legs but were vastly overrated by the bookies – and perhaps us punters too - against a poor side, I certainly didn’t see them create much of anything. I won't repeat too much of what we said about them in the previous round but they have suffered from sales of their better players and currently have injuries to two of their best players in Molins and Thern, defender Helander has returned to the side. I think Malmo are overrated and while they are currently faltering in the league without Molins they struggle to create chances, Sparta are a superior side who look far more clinical than Malmo and have a fine home record, while I don’t think Sparta will qualify for the group stage I think they will win this game and this tie. Malmo will likely come to defend in numbers which won’t be anything new to Sparta and they will hopefully be able to make a comfortable lead for the return leg. Sparta Praha -1.0AH - 1.9 – pinnacle – 7 Points WIN Sparta Praha -1EH – 2.5 – 32red – 3 Points WIN
Good game to watch for the neutrals I imagine! Malmo were far more attacking than I imagined even when they were 2-1 up, Sparta really play to Lafata's strengths and his ability in the air kills teams at this level, that's 8 goals in 3 qualifying games and he only played for 10 minutes in one of those games! I wasn't expecting to say Malmo were naive but I think that's what they were, credit to Sparta though, they attacked all game and got the rewards in the end.

Re: Champions League Third Qualifying Round 1st Leg - Tues 29th & Wed 30th July Aktobe - Steaua DRAW (3.20) I'm going to give a shot with draw! The class clearly lies with Steaua and over two legs they're undoubtedly a big favs to go through, but IMO Aktobe ain't to be underestimated at all. At least not in the first leg. They took the care of tricky Dinamo Tbilisi with ease in the previous round and their confidence seems to be sky high ahead of this match. Aktobe have got a very strong look at the back, they're quite disciplined in defending plus the team's well packed with players who played in the Russian/Ukrainian league, so they're nowhere near being an uncompetitive side. They've got what it takes to keep the match tight, IMO.

Re: Champions League Third Qualifying Round 1st Leg - Tues 29th & Wed 30th July Celtic to beat Legia 6/4 Various Celtic-1 5/1 Sportingbet Great price on the scots here. Going to keep this short and sweet. Basically Celtic have looked to be improving game by game and under Deila have started playing some really nice stuff and I just can't see the lacklustre Legia team coping with the Celtic attack. I've watched the last few Legia games and really haven't been impressed with the standard. Celtic won't want to have to go back to Scotland with a mountain to climb and I reckon they'll go all out for the win here, potentially with a few away goals under there belt.

Re: Champions League Third Qualifying Round 1st Leg - Tues 29th & Wed 30th July 3pts Legia vs Celtic - Draw 23/10 Paddy Power This will be a tough assignment for Celtic and it may just be that their aim is to have the tie still alive heading back to Edinburgh next week rather than risk things here and find themselves with a mountain to climb. Warsaw have already qualified after drawing a home leg in this competition so a draw wouldn’t be the end of the world for them either especially if it is a goalless one so this may not be the most exciting first leg. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/legia-warsaw-vs-celtic-betting-celtic-can-keep-things-all-square-heading-to-edinburgh

Re: Champions League Third Qualifying Round 1st Leg - Tues 29th & Wed 30th July So, my final call on Ludo-Partizan is overs. The odds are simply insane - 2.30 for over 2.5, which is price, more typical for Argentine Primera. I already wrote about Ludo problems in defense. On the other hand, their attack is complete and they almost always score goals at home (plus Partizan defense is not that good). Ludo should score at least once, but most likely more than once. Partizan has all excellent chance to score at least a goal, either, given the defense troubles of Ludo. I cannot see this game with less than 2 goals. Over 2 Asian Goal @ 1.725 (bet365)

So' date=' my final call on [b']Ludo-Partizan is overs. The odds are simply insane - 2.30 for over 2.5, which is price, more typical for Argentine Primera. I already wrote about Ludo problems in defense. On the other hand, their attack is complete and they almost always score goals at home (plus Partizan defense is not that good). Ludo should score at least once, but most likely more than once. Partizan has all excellent chance to score at least a goal, either, given the defense troubles of Ludo. I cannot see this game with less than 2 goals. Over 2 Asian Goal @ 1.725 (bet365)
Agree that 2,30 is a crazy price here, just as I see the odds for Over 2,5 goals in Aalborg and Liege at 2,25 and 2,07. As much as I see Dinamo picking up at least a point, and Panatinaikos clearly underestimated vs Standard, there's attacking spirit in both games with the hosts. Maybe Goal/Goal would be a safer bet in all 3 games, but I went for ''glory''... I short I follow the Over 2,5 at 2,30 in Ludogorets, adding Over 2,5 Goals in the other 2 games - medium stakes and a small stake trixie...All 3 games in fact are tempting for Over 3,5 Goals or at least a safety choice for Over 3. GL all

Debrecen - Bate Borisov Debrecen had hard times in the first match against Cliftonville. They don't have enough skills to open their rivals defensive game as I saw first round of the CL qualifications. On the other side I guess Bate will play cautios game on away. Their attack also not good enough to give pressure. First game will show us a controlled game and my prediction is we won't see 3 or more goals. Under 2.5 @ 1,55 7/10 :ok :ok
Easy one.

Re: Champions League Third Qualifying Round 1st Leg - Tues 29th & Wed 30th July Partizan first 11 for tonight: Lukac-Vulicevic,Tajkovic,Stankovic,Volkov-Zivkovic,Brasanac,Ilic,Drincic-Lazovic,Skuletic Partizan: Luka?, Vuli?evi?, Trajkovi?, Stankovi?, Volkov, A. Živkovi?, Drin?i?, Brašanac, S. Ili?, Škuleti?, Lazovi? As I mention before a lot of expirience players and now with all this problems in Ludo defense I am going with Partizan or draw @ 1.85 ( local bookies)

Good game to watch for the neutrals I imagine! Malmo were far more attacking than I imagined even when they were 2-1 up' date=' Sparta really play to Lafata's strengths and his ability in the air kills teams at this level, that's 8 goals in 3 qualifying games and he only played for 10 minutes in one of those games! I wasn't expecting to say Malmo were naive but I think that's what they were, credit to Sparta though, they attacked all game and got the rewards in the end.[/quote'] I was impressed with Sparta in the second half.

Re: Champions League Third Qualifying Round 1st Leg - Tues 29th & Wed 30th July For tonight I think the odds for the overs in Ludogorets and Celtic matches are too high and I can't resist :unsure ... Like you guys said, Ludogorets have big problems at the back and Partizan will have some decent chances. Legia won 5-0 and Celtic 4-0 and it might be quite an open game. I might be wrong - but at these odds I'll take my chances. My bets are: Ludogorets v Partizan - over 2,5 goals @7/5 with bet365 Legia v Celtic - over 2,5 goals @13/10 with bet365 :hope £55 in - returns: £303 :hope

Re: Champions League Third Qualifying Round 1st Leg - Tues 29th & Wed 30th July I think celtic can sneak a win here tonight , legia never convinced me in either leg against St Pats , the late goals in the second leg flattered them in my view , I think celtic will concede but I've took as a single to win and both teams to score @9/2 boylesports. Also doubled it with a Maribor win and BTTS ( also 9/2 ) in that game also.

Ludogorets's game 0-0 ... somebody can tell me why ??? :eek Bookies made shit a lot of money on this game !!!
Partizan missed a couple of big chances in the first half, while Ludogorets pushed very hard in the second half, but didn't create much. All in all, this was a very boring match. There was simply no enough goal opportunities on the night that could turn the match into a high-scoring affair.

Re: Champions League Third Qualifying Round 1st Leg - Tues 29th & Wed 30th July Wow looks like Celtic find themselves heading out of Europe early this year. That away goal however, stops me from completely writing them off. Will the Poles be able to hold their nerve at Celtic Park where much greater teams have stumbled? Should be a must-watch second leg.

AEL Limassol v Zenit St Petersburg Bit of a mismatch here, Zenit spend money like it’s water thanks to their rich backers and I was staggered Garay chose to go there in the summer (wages reasons I presume) over some of the other sides that must have been in for him as I rate him as one of the best centre backs in the game. They have extreme quality throughout the side in players like Hulk, Garay, Danny, Rondon, Witsel etc. Zenit are virtually certain to qualify for the next round but will probably be virtually unbackable in the home leg, expect their odds to be about 1.2 for the straight win. The obvious question is will they go for the straight win when they know they will very likely win the home leg comfortably? Obviously we can’t answer that but the odds are decent and considering who they are playing they are certainly worth the play. Hulk and Garay were involved in the latter stages of the World Cup and only returned to training a couple of days ago so I’m not sure they will be starting the game, wouldn’t be a surprise to see both of them on the bench. AEL Limassol provided us punters with a great return a couple of years ago in the CL qualifiers when they beat Linfield and Partizan, I certainly remember a great return from those games as they weren’t fancied but had a very useful side, they came within 10 minutes of qualifying before Anderlecht scored a couple of late goals to overturn the defeicit, remember I was quite disappointed at the time. Quite a lot of the players have unsurprisingly moved on since then and the side doesn’t look like it has the same quality about it, they only lost the title to APOEL on goal difference last season though. They have a squad packed with foreigners but the team is getting older with key midfielders Bebe and Silva now 32 and 33, Orlando Sa has moved on up front and they don’t look to have the same threat, they still have great fans and expect there to be a good atmosphere at the game. It is difficult to make comparisons because the quality of the squads is so different, none of the AEL players would get near the Zenit side. Obviously that doesn’t guarantee success in this game, but I will be backing Zenit to make the second leg routine, it goes without saying that failure to qualify for the group stage would be a disaster for Zenit and I expect them to be focused and win the first leg. Zenit beat Porto and Borussia Dortmund away from home in the Champions League last season so that shows the pedigree they have, they will be expecting to get to at least the last 16 again. Zenit St Petersburg -0.5,-1.0AH – 1.74 – pinnacle – 7 Points LOST
Couldn't watch the game but by the stats it looks as though Zenit dominated, 22 shots, hit the woodwork, and AEL scored with their only shot on target. The way it goes sometimes.

Wow looks like Celtic find themselves heading out of Europe early this year. That away goal however' date=' stops me from completely writing them off. Will the Poles be able to hold their nerve at Celtic Park where much greater teams have stumbled? Should be a must-watch second leg.[/quote'] Second leg will play in Edinburgh. Celtic's central defense is so weak, Ambrose is out for revange (red card), Mulgrew was make many insane errors. If you watch wide highlights you can observe that Celtic make many situation for Legia via stupid errors. Legia could won this match 5-1, 6-1, they wasted 2 penalties and some clear chance during the match. It will be interesting match in Scotland.

Wow looks like Celtic find themselves heading out of Europe early this year. That away goal however' date=' stops me from completely writing them off. Will the Poles be able to hold their nerve at Celtic Park where much greater teams have stumbled? Should be a must-watch second leg.[/quote'] As far as I remember they were on the verge of being eliminated in the qualies last year as well against Karagandy... I can definitely see Legia scoring once in Scotland, and that would well mean they progress to the final round.

Re: Champions League Third Qualifying Round 1st Leg - Tues 29th & Wed 30th July Can't see Celtic getting knocked out on home soil personally. Even if they don't play on their natural turf there is such a huge difference in performances compared to home and away that I'd expect them to be better concentrated and more organised at home to an average Polish side.

Wow looks like Celtic find themselves heading out of Europe early this year. That away goal however' date=' stops me from completely writing them off. Will the Poles be able to hold their nerve at Celtic Park where much greater teams have stumbled? Should be a must-watch second leg.[/quote'] Maybe I should bet the exact opposite from what I write down and I'll have a chance of winning going by my prediction above lol We will need to score 4 at least , 5 to be sure so I'm not confident , legia will score once with our dodgy defence but the good thing is that ambrose is suspended , hes a bomb scare and boobs quite often , I was baffled we started berget, threw in at the deep end too early and that was an error by delia for me, stokes and griffiths are must starts if we want goals. The second leg is at murrayfield due to commonwealth games but we created a good atmosphere there against KR in the previous round. We pulled it back against shaktar karagandy last season but I think this is too big an ask sadly.

Can't see Celtic getting knocked out on home soil personally. Even if they don't play on their natural turf there is such a huge difference in performances compared to home and away that I'd expect them to be better concentrated and more organised at home to an average Polish side.
Well they are 4-1 down. It sounds a bit dangerous to say "can't see Celtic getting knocked out at home". I could certainly imagine them still going through - but could also imgaine Legia going though. A lot depends on Legia's attitude. If they just sit back, and Celtic go, say 2 goals up early on, then you'd certainly favour Celtic. But what if it's say 0-0 at half time, or Legia themselves go 2 goals up?

Couldn't watch the game but by the stats it looks as though Zenit dominated' date=' 22 shots, hit the woodwork, and AEL scored with their only shot on target. The way it goes sometimes.[/quote'] Zenit are one of those sides who seem to under-perform and can be vulnerable to shock defeats or draws. But if they really dominated and they keep it up they could easily win handsomely in Cyprus I guess. I've noticed they often seem to get better results away from home.

Agree that 2' date='30 is a crazy price here, just as I see the odds for Over 2,5 goals in [b']Aalborg and Liege at 2,25 and 2,07. As much as I see Dinamo picking up at least a point, and Panatinaikos clearly underestimated vs Standard, there's attacking spirit in both games with the hosts. Maybe Goal/Goal would be a safer bet in all 3 games, but I went for ''glory''... I short I follow the Over 2,5 at 2,30 in Ludogorets, adding Over 2,5 Goals in the other 2 games - medium stakes and a small stake trixie...All 3 games in fact are tempting for Over 3,5 Goals or at least a safety choice for Over 3. GL all
Nightmare...

Zenit are one of those sides who seem to under-perform and can be vulnerable to shock defeats or draws. But if they really dominated and they keep it up they could easily win handsomely in Cyprus I guess. I've noticed they often seem to get better results away from home.
This was in fact an away game, the return leg will be in St.Petersburg. Zenit did dominate in Cyprus but failed to convert a few good chances they had. No problem, they should win the return leg comfortably. If they don't, that'll be a true shock.