** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Europa League - 1st Qualifying Round - Thursday 4th July

Re: Europa League - 1st Qualifying Round - Thursday 4th July Does anybody watch the Maltese Hibernians with Spartak Trnava (Slovakia) game? The Slovaks are one man up since the 10th minute, had 3-0 up and dropped two of their lead quickly, it's 3-2 now. What does it look like?

Re: Europa League - 1st Qualifying Round - Thursday 4th July Why are the odds still 1.25 for FH after the 40th minute? Are Glenavon expected to refresh with beer at half time? I just don't get it, how can a team from Iceland be so favouritized against a team from Northern Ireland, I rate their club football at pretty much the same level.

Re: Europa League - 1st Qualifying Round - Thursday 4th July ^^^ Similar pattern in Mypa match earlier. It was 0-0 after 70' mins and they were under evens, scored with 15 mins to go and win it at the end. Heres a link where Fram-Kalju is streamed by the way http://sport.postimees.ee/2845519/postimehe-otsepilt-kalju-alustab-euroteekonda-islandil-sillamae-voitis-soomlasi

Re: Europa League - 1st Qualifying Round - Thursday 4th July

I've taken Botev and Cukaricki to win to nil in their games against Libertas (San Marino) and Sant Julia (Andorra), mix of singles and doubles. Probably put too much on to be honest, got a good early price then topped up. I remember Libertas from the Sarajevo disaster from last season, they were bloody terrible against what was a half decent side and should have lost by many more, I don't really trust these sort of sides to cover big handicaps against minnows so I've stuck for straight to win to nil and CS bets. Botev should win 2-0 or 3-0 imo. The game isn't being played at Botev's home ground and there will be a small crowd. Cukaricki are the most riskier bet imo, don't know much about them. They are seen as one of the more 'professional' clubs with wages paid on time (not usually the case in Serbia) and a decent hard working side. Might be a narrow victory 1-0 or 2-0. Botev Ploudiv CS - 1.8+1.67+1.55 - betint, betfred, tote - 15 Points WIN Cukaricki CS & Win to Nil - 1.5+1.53 - bet365, betint - 15 Points WIN Double - 2.18+2.25 - betint, bet365 - 10 Points WIN
Sadly it was a evening of watching the bet365 screen updates due to the lack of streams at this stage - which is torture on nil to nil bets, luckily in the end they both finished 4-0. The Botev game was probably the most one-sided you can imagine with Libertas having 1 'dangerous attack' to Botev's 64! Botev had only 30 shots on goal and weren't troubled at all. The Cukaricki game was much closer as expected I think, a couple of late goals probably flattered them a bit based on what I could gauge from the online updates.

Re: Europa League - 1st Qualifying Round - Thursday 4th July Some excellent calls in here. These early European matches always provide the best betting opportunities each year. The qualifiers are usually more exciting than the actual main event. Keep up the good work gents.

Re: Europa League - 1st Qualifying Round - Thursday 4th July Yeah, some good calls. Well done to RocknRolla on the Tromso one. I had a CS on 5-0, never expected seven. Saw that one of the San Marino sides lost 2-1 today, so show's it doesn't always go to plan, bit of a reminder.

Re: Europa League - 1st Qualifying Round - Thursday 4th July Did someone see the Celik Niksic - Koper game? Wasn't it arranged? I mean, you rarely see scenes like this: http://www.nemzetisport.hu/minden_mas_foci/ha-ez-nem-bunda-volt-akkor-ez-a-vilag-legbenabb-csapata-2347571 here you have the first goal and longer highlights. With these in mind, I'd consider taking a heavy handicap against Koper on the 2nd leg too, Celik perhaps wants to lose again big time. What do you think?

Re: Europa League - 1st Qualifying Round - Thursday 4th July Celik have a history of "weird" results, they lost last year to a czech team with 9-0. Everything points to that all their european matches the last three seasons have been fixed and hopefully the next game against Koper will be fixed aswell since I plan to bet on Koper heavily.

Re: Europa League - 1st Qualifying Round - Thursday 4th July

Look at the reaction of Celik goalkeeper.
Celik are notorious for fixing all of their Europa League games. Just look at their last EL matches: 2-4 1-4 0-9 0-5 The odds for Koper to win moved from 1.4 a few minutes before kick off to below 1.10 a few minutes into the game. :D It would be interesting what odds will come out for a Koper win in the return leg.