Last 16 - Colombia v Uruguay > Saturday June 28th

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Colombia v Uruguay (21:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.15[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.9[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.72 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Last 16 - Colombia v Uruguay > Saturday June 28th I've taken Colombia fairly large on the +0 AH @ 1.59 yesterday. This is because I expect price to plunge if Suarez is banned and I expect it is highly likely he will be. The majority of books now have 1.50 best price while only Interwetten have 1.55 (highest I can see). Colombia are electric and riding a wave of momentum. Everything is going right for this team at the moment. Without Suarez, Uruguay's threat is severely diminished.

Re: Last 16 - Colombia v Uruguay > Saturday June 28th It probably won't happen, but there is a tiny chance that Suarez can play this match IF Uruguay appeal FIFA's decision. I hope he does not play as he is vermin and yet again he got off lightly.

Re: Last 16 - Colombia v Uruguay > Saturday June 28th

It probably won't happen, but there is a tiny chance that Suarez can play this match IF Uruguay appeal FIFA's decision. I hope he does not play as he is vermin and yet again he got off lightly.
Tweet from Ben Rumsby (@ben_rumsby) - Fifa says an appeal may be lodged by Suarez. But he will not be allowed to play in #COL v #URU if he does appeal. https://twitter.com/ben_rumsby/status/482160071775096832

What happens if Uruguay forfeits the match and bets have already been placed? Is it a default 3-0 win for Colombia?
i would suggest it is fairly obvious that bets will be void. Not even sure why you would think it would be settled at 3-0 they will play Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Re: Last 16 - Colombia v Uruguay > Saturday June 28th I got Colombia at 13/10 but I still think they seem to be value at evens. One of the best looking teams in the group stages against one that has looked fairly poor except for Luis suarez doing his thing vs England. He will be out obviously and Colombia should be able to boss the game from the start. I also expect them to start very fast so 11/5 HT/FT ladbrokes seems like a decent shout.

Re: Last 16 - Colombia v Uruguay > Saturday June 28th Hi guys, my first post here. I'm a huge believer in following the trend. The columbians are riding the crest of the wave at the moment, while the uruguayans are now ingulfed in the turmoil of the Suarez bite. We saw how clueless they looked against Costa Rica without him and how completely transformed they were against England when he did play. It's not just the goal threat he poses, but he genuinely lifts them up in a way that I don't see any other player do for his country. We are now in the knock out stages and even though this has been a record breaking tournament when it comes to the number of goals scored, teams tend to tighten up come the business end of the world cup which is why I think we won't see many goal fests from here on out. As far as this game, and with odds on Colombia still going down I like the looks of these two bets: Colombia to keep a clean sheet @ 2.37, 5pts and Colombia and under 2.5 goals @ 4.0 2pts with bet365

Hi guys, my first post here. I'm a huge believer in following the trend. The columbians are riding the crest of the wave at the moment, while the uruguayans are now ingulfed in the turmoil of the Suarez bite. We saw how clueless they looked against Costa Rica without him and how completely transformed they were against England when he did play. It's not just the goal threat he poses, but he genuinely lifts them up in a way that I don't see any other player do for his country. We are now in the knock out stages and even though this has been a record breaking tournament when it comes to the number of goals scored, teams tend to tighten up come the business end of the world cup which is why I think we won't see many goal fests from here on out. As far as this game, and with odds on Colombia still going down I like the looks of these two bets: Colombia to keep a clean sheet @ 2.37, 5pts and Colombia and under 2.5 goals @ 4.0 2pts with bet365
Welcome! :) Good first post :ok

Re: Last 16 - Colombia v Uruguay > Saturday June 28th Thanks, let's see how it goes!:) Generally, the knock out stages of a major tournament are my favourite events for betting because we have a much clearer picture of all the teams involved and there are fewer surprises than in the group stages.

Hi guys, my first post here. I'm a huge believer in following the trend. The columbians are riding the crest of the wave at the moment, while the uruguayans are now ingulfed in the turmoil of the Suarez bite. We saw how clueless they looked against Costa Rica without him and how completely transformed they were against England when he did play. It's not just the goal threat he poses, but he genuinely lifts them up in a way that I don't see any other player do for his country. We are now in the knock out stages and even though this has been a record breaking tournament when it comes to the number of goals scored, teams tend to tighten up come the business end of the world cup which is why I think we won't see many goal fests from here on out. As far as this game, and with odds on Colombia still going down I like the looks of these two bets: Colombia to keep a clean sheet @ 2.37, 5pts and Colombia and under 2.5 goals @ 4.0 2pts with bet365
I agree with your post entirely, although as I don't see Uruguay keeping Columbia from scoring over 90 minutes with how impressive Rodriguez and Co. have been I think there is more value in Columbia to win to nil @ 3.00 rather than just to keep a clean sheet @ 2.37?

I agree with your post entirely' date=' although as I don't see Uruguay keeping Columbia from scoring over 90 minutes with how impressive Rodriguez and Co. have been I think there is more value in [b']Columbia to win to nil @ 3.00 rather than just to keep a clean sheet @ 2.37?
It crossed my mind, but I think there is an outside chance it might end up goalless as Uruguay, with their attack blunted tighten up at back, which is why I'd rather go heavily on Uruguay not to score.

Re: Last 16 - Colombia v Uruguay > Saturday June 28th Up until now, Colombia and Uruguay played 38 matches and the results were relatively similar:11 wins for Colombia, 18 for Uruguay, and 9 draws. It means there are no obvious favorites this time and both teams can win the match. So I predict that both teams score and Colombia wins

It crossed my mind' date=' but I think there is an outside chance it might end up goalless as Uruguay, with their attack blunted tighten up at back, which is why I'd rather go heavily on Uruguay not to score.[/quote'] Yes. You could be right actually and to be fair Uruguay can defened well when they did in, but for me I think I will take the risk on Columbia being able to score a goal.

Up until now' date=' Colombia and Uruguay played 38 matches and the results were relatively similar:11 wins for Colombia, 18 for Uruguay, and 9 draws. It means there are no obvious favorites this time and both teams can win the match. So I predict that both teams score and Colombia wins[/quote'] If i'm being honest your reasoning for this outcome is about as good as the Man Utd namesake of your username :\ You cannot compare the last 38 matches between two nations to use as a guide to their next game against each other, let alone saying that because the "results were relatively similar that there are no obvious favourites so you predict both teams will score". Columbia now and Columbia 38 games ago are two completely different teams. Likewise with Uruguay. I am not saying your prediction will not come out, but the basis on which you have made it, is grossly flawed. Not least because Uruguay's main man, main attacking threat and overall link up player will be banned.

Re: Last 16 - Colombia v Uruguay > Saturday June 28th Think you only had to watch the first two games to see the difference it makes to Uruguay having Suarez there or not. Forlan isn't the player he was in 2010 - to be honest I think Uruguay are quite a bit weaker than they were in that tournament. In the first game where Suarez didn't play all they were doing a lot of the time was lumping long balls into Cavani who had no-one playing off him. It is quite well known that Uruguay are quite European in style compared to other South American countries, they also don't really have a playmaker in the team so there is often little support for the strikers - think we have seen that so far as well. You would be hard pushed to make much of an argument for Uruguay as an attacking force, the obvious danger is that these two obviously know each other very well and Uruguay can set up fairly defensively and look to hit on the counter or from a set-piece, Colombia are a far better attacking side certainly. I would agree with those going on Colombia DNB, the odds aren't that brilliant now but I had a small play yesterday. Colombia 0AH - 1.49 - pinnacle - 2 Points

Re: Last 16 - Colombia v Uruguay > Saturday June 28th I think we all agree that Colombia is a better team atm, especially when Uruguay are missing Suarez. However, I am trying to ask myself whether there is value on them at this odds. Uruguay, even without Suarez, are a very experienced side with solid defense. I don't see them beating a better Colombian team in regular time, but they are totally capable of holding them to a draw. Probably I would have priced Colombia around 2.0 - exactly the bookies have done, so probably it is very close to their real price. I have absolutely no doubt about Uruguay's approach, especially without Suarez. For 270 minutes in the group stage, they had just several good scoring occasions (including the goals) - and they were all either set-pieces, or Suarez' creations. Uruguay don't have good offensive midfielders to provide balls to Cavani, and he doesn't have the exquisite footwork of Suarez to create space and chances for himself - Edinson is just a good finisher, nothing more. However, Uruguay have very good defense, defensive midfielders and an excellent Muslera on goal. Their defending people are probably a bit old and slow, but normally this doesn't matter when they stay compact and leave little space - in such cases, their excellent positioning and physical advantage is what matters the most. That's why I am confident Tabarez (who has reputation for being a very negative coach) will play very defensive and will try to rely on set-pieces, or probably extra-time and penalties. Under 2.25 @ 1.88 (SBO)

It probably won't happen, but there is a tiny chance that Suarez can play this match IF Uruguay appeal FIFA's decision. I hope he does not play as he is vermin and yet again he got off lightly.
Not everyone shares your view Aidy. This is a betting site, not a political sports blog. Such extreme thoughts on any individual should be posted elsewhere.

Protesting what? The fact that they have an absolutely disgusting' date=' dirty, inhumane person of a football player?! They should be thanking their lucky stars the ban was only this severe.[/quote'] The same applies to your post. Some people don't want your caustic views rammed down their throats.

Re: Last 16 - Colombia v Uruguay > Saturday June 28th suarez didnt look fit in last match to much preasure on him he is gone now i dont think it will make any difference to uruguay as they play very defensive well able to grind out a result lay columbia and have a small bet on 0-0 also back match to be decided on penalties uruguay to win on penalties

The same applies to your post. Some people don't want your caustic views rammed down their throats.
Probably says a lot about my understanding of the English language that I had to google what caustic meant! :lol..Suarez does seem to provoke some extreme views from people, probably best we leave it at that.

Not everyone shares your view Aidy. This is a betting site' date=' not a political sports blog. Such extreme thoughts on any individual should be posted elsewhere.[/quote'] You're right Jackie, this is a betting site. So.. I have backed Colombia as I think Uruguay are much weaker without the cannibal in their ranks.

Re: Last 16 - Colombia v Uruguay > Saturday June 28th Colombia is a good offensive team, Suarez is a good offensive player for Uruguay, Uruguay is a good defensive team, Colombia should win, however, there is a chance of a tie if Uruguayan defense puts pressure and Colombia commits any offensive mistake, Therefore its best to take Colombia +0 AH.

Re: Last 16 - Colombia v Uruguay > Saturday June 28th Colombia -1 @11/4 Paddy Power. I would have taken Colombia to win this game even if Luis Saurez was still in town. To think that Uruguay will not miss him would be foolish. Any country would miss a player of world class ability and Uruguay will be at a severe loss without him I believe that Colombia are more than capable of taking on any country left in the competition. Three victories in the group, finishing with a thumping of Japan will certainly have bhoyed their confidence. Just 2 goals conceded to nine scored so far is reputable stuff to drive forward with and with James Rodriguez and Jackson Martinez firing on all cylinders, they have to be feared. Uruguay have certainly rode their luck in the competition, but I believe their luck has now expired. Had the referee applied the law in their games against England and Italy, they may all have accompanied Saurez on the plane back to Montevideo. To me they are one of the weaker South American teams in Brasil. I believe the well organised Colombians will put them to the sword and may win by two or more if the Uruguayans are left chasing the game.

Re: Last 16 - Colombia v Uruguay > Saturday June 28th I wonder whether people are under-estimating Uruguay, even without you-know-who. Their side is packed with top-class players, probably with more experience than Colombia, and have a much better recent head to head record. Colombia have delivered more impressive performances so far - but take into account they were against Greece, Ivory Coast and Japan.

Re: Last 16 - Colombia v Uruguay > Saturday June 28th Some contrarian view here. Colombia did well against Greece, Ivory Coast and Japan on the back of a large presence of Colombian supporters in all of the games. They were virtually playing at home. Against Uruguay, however, this will change. Let's expect the stadium to be half yellow and half blue. Without a full house of Colombian support, Colombia must be considered to be playing at a neutral ground, as it should be. Both Colombia and Uruguay are more or less equal in terms of competence. On this basis, Uruguay +0.5 @1.90 at bet365 appears to be a good bet.

Re: Last 16 - Colombia v Uruguay > Saturday June 28th Time for a first post, been lurking here since start of the world cup. First I just want to say thanks to regular posters for sharing your views! Quote from > match preview (http://www.spam.com/features/spam-preview-colombia-vs-uruguay) Key battle: Rodriguez vs Lodeiro/Arevalo Rios The creative motor behind Colombia's tournament so far, the Monaco midfielder has scored in every game, assisted twice and dominated the key stats on shots, passes and ball recovery. His 3 goals and 2 assists mean he's already been involved in more goals than any other Colombian in World Cup history. Rodriguez has scored in each of his last 5 games for Colombia and his influence on the left of midfield or in the hole behind a striker in a 4-2-3-1 will need to be nullified by whoever can get close enough to kick him. Rodriguez to score is available to around 3.4. Feels like a good pick considering his recent form. Any thoughts?