** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Racing Post World Cup Pullout ??

Re: Racing Post World Cup Pullout ?? I was wondering the same, so I bought both to compare! There are more actual betting recommendations in this edition, mainly group bets - i.e Team X to get over 1.5 Points, Team Y to score under 1.5 goals etc. They have a few more tipsters than in the book edition and it is more up to date so takes into account current form more than the book could. Argentina have been heavily backed by most people and I get the feeling most now see them as a better bet than Brazil, along with Spain they are the most widely fancied winners. I've never used the Racing Post before but both the editions have been very useful guides for me, I wouldn't go along with all their picks but if you have opinions it certainly gives you a bit of focus. Considering I got both editions for under a tenner total, they seem good value for money to me.

Re: Racing Post World Cup Pullout ??

I was wondering the same' date=' so I bought both to compare! There are more actual betting recommendations in this edition, mainly group bets - i.e Team X to get over 1.5 Points, Team Y to score under 1.5 goals etc. They have a few more tipsters than in the book edition and it is more up to date so takes into account current form more than the book could. Argentina have been heavily backed by most people and I get the feeling most now see them as a better bet than Brazil, along with Spain they are the most widely fancied winners. I've never used the Racing Post before but both the editions have been very useful guides for me, I wouldn't go along with all their picks but if you have opinions it certainly gives you a bit of focus. Considering I got both editions for under a tenner total, they seem good value for money to me.[/quote'] I was a bit disappointed in the book as there was little in the way of betting tips and tipsters. This sounds a lot better. Is it just a pullout in this weeks Racing Post?

I was a bit disappointed in the book as there was little in the way of betting tips and tipsters. This sounds a lot better. Is it just a pullout in this weeks Racing Post?
I bought the online version through the Racing Post website for £2.99 (I think), believe it was in last weeks edition. It is well worth a few quid, a lot of the stats and stuff is repeated from the book but still plenty there to read.

RFO (racing n football outlook) has it's World Cup pullout today ...
Yep, I bought this too, well worth a couple of quid. It follows the same general theme with plenty of fancy on Argentina, feels Brazil are slightly under priced and thinks Spain will be the best European side. There is certainly a general feeling that Germany won't do anything in this tournament, which is in contrast to earlier publications. This has individual team previews and previews of each first round game so might appeal to more people than just an overview of the tournament - which is has too.

Re: Racing Post World Cup Pullout ?? The excellent Kevin Pullein makes some good points in this - 1. European sides are at a disadvantage away from Europe 2. Larger players will struggle in tropical heat 3. First round of group games are normally cagey Also some comprehensive stats on the referees