** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Ante-Post > Serie A Winner 2014/15

[TABLE=class: odds bestOdds] [TR=class: BO0] [TD=class: ChartFormButtons, bgcolor: #FCE3E2, align: center]chart_off.gif[/TD] [TD=class: Competitor, bgcolor: #FCE3E2]Juventus[/TD] [TD=class: bindHover cellOdd, bgcolor: #FCE3E2]

6122.gif [/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: BO1] [TD=class: ChartFormButtons, bgcolor: #FFF6F6, align: center]chart_off.gif[/TD] [TD=class: Competitor, bgcolor: #FFF6F6]AS Roma[/TD] [TD=class: bindHover cellOdd, bgcolor: #FFF6F6]

[/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: BO0] [TD=class: ChartFormButtons, bgcolor: #FCE3E2, align: center]chart_off.gif[/TD] [TD=class: Competitor, bgcolor: #FCE3E2]Napoli[/TD] [TD=class: bindHover cellOdd, bgcolor: #FCE3E2]

6122.gif [/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: BO1] [TD=class: ChartFormButtons, bgcolor: #FFF6F6, align: center]chart_off.gif[/TD] [TD=class: Competitor, bgcolor: #FFF6F6]AC Milan[/TD] [TD=class: bindHover cellOdd, bgcolor: #FFF6F6]

[/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: BO0] [TD=class: ChartFormButtons, bgcolor: #FCE3E2, align: center]chart_off.gif[/TD] [TD=class: Competitor, bgcolor: #FCE3E2]Fiorentina[/TD] [TD=class: bindHover cellOdd, bgcolor: #FCE3E2]

[/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: BO1] [TD=class: ChartFormButtons, bgcolor: #FFF6F6, align: center]chart_off.gif[/TD] [TD=class: Competitor, bgcolor: #FFF6F6]Internazionale[/TD] [TD=class: bindHover cellOdd, bgcolor: #FFF6F6]

6287.gif [/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: BO0] [TD=class: ChartFormButtons, bgcolor: #FCE3E2, align: center]chart_off.gif[/TD] [TD=class: Competitor, bgcolor: #FCE3E2]Lazio[/TD] [TD=class: bindHover cellOdd, bgcolor: #FCE3E2]

6287.gif [/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

• 1 month later...

Re: Ante-Post > Serie A Winner 2014/15 It will be very interesting to see how the next month pans out for the top clubs in Serie A - mainly Juventus. Roma have laid their cards out, and it looks like they are pushing hard for the scudetto next season. Here are a few notes/questions that Conte leaving Juventus raises in my mind: - Allegri is well known to be the putz of 'top' Italian managers. He will bend over and do whatever the management ask of him, which does not bode well for Juventus. Conte was by no means the best manager but in light of his sudden resignation and Allegri's appointment I would say Juventus are in for a frugal market with little ambition. - Lack of incoming players would not be the end of the world providing that they do not sell either Vidal or Pogba. I would think both will have at least half an eye on jumping ship as well though given the recent turn of events. - Allegri's appointment raises big questions over Pirlo's role. It is well known that Allegri forced Pirlo out of Milan, and despite proving the manager wrong over the last couple of seasons there must still be some bad blood between the two. Pirlo is also a fading force and he was already likely to be less influential than last season. - Allegri loves 4-3-1-2 which is a pretty big departure from Conte's 3-5-2. Juve do not currently have a top class player to play as trequartista which will be essential for the new system. - Conte was a fantastic motivator and I think he was getting the best out of the squad for the last two seasons. Allegri is far from that and given the success that this cycle of players has had we could have a slight lack of motivation a la the Spanish national side. Overall, if Juventus do not sell, then they will still have a strong side on paper, but I do not expect them to play as well as last season. How big the difference will be remains to be seen. In truth the market has already reacted to the recent events, but there is potential for further value to emerge on laying Juventus. Roma have already recruited well and look strong, while Napoli will definitely spend a bit of dough as well.

Re: Ante-Post > Serie A Winner 2014/15

In truth the market has already reacted to the recent events' date=' but there is potential for further value to emerge on laying Juventus. Roma have already recruited well and look strong, while Napoli will definitely spend a bit of dough as well.[/quote'] Roma have gone from 5.5 to 3.5 in 48 hours so yeh value is effectively wiped out as things stand, combination of Conte leaving and Roma getting Iturbe. Roma are definate title contenders this year, recent developments aside, they're the only ones with a midfield strong enough to compete with Juve. Roma's biggest problem is they can't quite compete with the centre-forwards/strikers that Juventus have, Totti is still doing the business but for how long? I think Destro is comming along nicely and I really rate him but not the finished article yet. Tevez and Llorente give the old lady that extra edge squad wise imo. Roma will also need to keep hold of Benatia this window, which I believe they will. If he goes their title chances will probably evaporate with him. Napoli cannot be considered title contenders in my view, no way, they need to add 2 really strong central median players to be able to compete, we will have to wait to see what the window brings but as things stand they are just CL Qualifiers, nothing more. Napoli's midfield is craporamma compared to Juve and Roma, they get by on having decent forwards but you can't win a scudetto on that alone in this climate. Interesting what you say about Allegri and potential change of module. Juventus certainly need to get rid of that archaic 3-5-2 system if they want to have sucess in the champions league. It's worked wonders for them domestically under Conte but simply proves static and inflexible when up against the attacking dynamism of Europes elite clubs and maybe a few lesser ones also. Maybe the Juventus hierarchy want a stronger showing in Europe and on that basis I can understand why they hired the much maligned Allegri as he does have CL experience with Milan. Juventus should definately be weaker in Seire A this year and like you said how big a difference remains to be seen. A two horse race would make a refreshing change from the usual lone greyhound followed by an egg and spoon contest.

Re: Ante-Post > Serie A Winner 2014/15 I really think that this can be Roma season. They sing few very experience players as Keyta,Cole and Emmanuelson and young talent Iturbe. Adem Ljajic manager said today that he will stay in Rome and it is very possible that Benatia will stay as well. So far they have best transfers compering to another Seria A teams and Sabatini is still interesting for few more players ( Vlaar and Adriano). My only consider is that Roma will play in CL as well and they need to have a long bench if they want to be competitive in two fronts. Last year they didnt play in Europe so they hade more rest. IMO Juve looks weaker without Conte. I dont consider Allegri as great coach and we will see how they gonna do this transfer period.

• 1 month later...

Re: Ante-Post > Serie A Winner 2014/15 I've had a go on Milan 12/1ew Bet365.I like the addition of Rami in defence who is a good strong defender as is fellow new boy Alex.Menez is a good attacking addition and I think Honda will have a great seasons this year.If Balotelli is replaced well and with no champions league to distract them I think they have a great chance to get a top 2 place.Juventus losing Conte surely may weaken them(though I'd already done them at 25s Hills for Champions league before that)and my main worry would be Roma who have bought well plus especially if they retain Benatia.

Re: Ante-Post > Serie A Winner 2014/15 I think that is pretty optimistic Mal, but you never know. For all of his faults, Balotelli was by far the best player in their squad. Given the likelihood that he will not be adequately replaced, his goals will be missed. There are big question marks over whether El Shar can return to his purple patch, and Pazzini is a 10 goal striker at best. Unless something changes dramatically, Milan will be a side that I will look to oppose where possible. Regarding the title, there is a big week left in the window. It doesn't look like any club is going to come out great, but some decisive moves could be made. IMO it is certainly possible that the value could well lie with Napoli by Saturday. If they get past Bilbao, receiving the cash boost the CL brings, they will likely move for one or two players. They won't be showstoppers, but a couple of decent signings in midfield are needed. If they don't qualify then the league will become their main focus. They'd go pretty deep in the EL, but such a run will take less toll on the squad. Even in that case they would probably bring in a name, to try and appease the fans who will be baying for blood. Juve have question marks. They still haven't improved their XI from last year. Pirlo is a year older, can Tevez replicate his form from last season, can Allegri maintain ambition within a squad that has achieved great amounts domestically etc. They have not looked good in pre-season. As expected, Allegri has not been able to inject the same tempo into their play that Conte managed to. That could well change once the season starts, but it doesn't look great. Holding onto Vidal, and a big signing will go a long way. Roma are now in a slightly precarious situation. Benatia is 99% gone, and given that he is pretty much the best CB in the world, his replacement is not going to compare. Particularly given how long is left in the window. That's a big blow psychologically as he is a rock at the back. The midfield is deep, and the attack has good variation but they have the CL to contend with this season. It isn't too hard to see a situation where both Destro and Totti are injured and Borriello is flanked by an out of form Ljajic or Iturbe, and the ever erratic Gervinho. There is a lot of potential for the squad, but still a lot of uncertainty. It's a big week for them as a club. The value was already sucked out of backing them anyway, so it is unlikely to return. As things stand, I'd back Napoli. It is definitely wise to wait until the window is closed. Fiorentina, Lazio and Inter have done good jobs up to now, and I can see them pushing for the top 3 in some capacity.