Manchester City v Aston Villa > Wednesday May 7th

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=class: firstColumn]Manchester City v Aston Villa (19:45 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.16[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]10.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]23[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]99.56 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Manchester City v Aston Villa > Wednesday May 7th 4pts Man City to win to nil 10/11 Paddy Power I’m not altogether convinced Manchester City will win both their home matches but I do think they will win this one. Everything is in their favour here. Villa are depleted with absolutely nothing to play for while City have Yaya Toure available. I expect them to pile the pressure on Villa early and get in front and continue to pull away and show Liverpool that they are not going to throw it away like they did on Monday night. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/man-city-vs-aston-villa-betting-city-can-move-closer-to-the-title-without-conceding

Re: Manchester City v Aston Villa > Wednesday May 7th 2 points Both Teams to score @ paddypower 6/5 Going with the value play. Most other bookies have it priced at evens. Lambert has come out and said they will attack city and they will play without fear for this game. The pressure is off as they have avoided relegation so I dont see any reason why villa can create some scoring opportunities. Self explanatory for city as they will need to score and beat villa to have one hand on the trophy.

Re: Manchester City v Aston Villa > Wednesday May 7th I must say I'm tempted by 'Villa or Draw' at around 6.0 with several firms. I don't think City are bankers to win the title by any means - Villa and West Ham are just the type of side I could imagine getting a result against them.

Re: Manchester City v Aston Villa > Wednesday May 7th Villa are already on holidays now, they are safe. Must win game for City, so I'd be looking at how many goals City win by instead of backing Villa in some way. I'd say something if it was on at Villa Park, but it's the Etihad.

Re: Manchester City v Aston Villa > Wednesday May 7th Preview from BBC:

• Only Chelsea (16 points) have a better record than Aston Villa (10 points) against the current top four in the Premier League this season (W3, D1).

3 of the 10 points came against Man City at Villa Park. This give both teams motivation to win (City to avenge defeat & not take their opponents likely; Villa to try to do the double, play spoiler to title race) However, City has the home support, title race experience from 2 years ago, and would have learnt from Liverpool's slip-up, coupled with their own just few games back (Pool, Sunderland). I can foresee them starting off cautiously, building confidence for attack, try get a 2 goal lead, then close shop. Remember, they have the advantage over Liverpool, who had to win BIG due to goal difference. I agree with Keshav's prediction of ManC win to nil, but I doubt they will be looking for an all-out kill, hence I'm looking at the Under 3.5 market. 4/10 - Under 3.5 @ 1.99 (MarathonBet)

Re: Manchester City v Aston Villa > Wednesday May 7th Villa are now up to 20.0 and the draw 10.0. 17.0 for Villa AH0 :lol. OK, instinct tells me these odds are too long now. People are just assuming it will be an easy City win. Pressure can have unpredictable effects on games sometimes. Villa or Draw 6.1 Marathonbet Stake: 2 points

Re: Manchester City v Aston Villa > Wednesday May 7th

Villa are now up to 20.0 and the draw 10.0. 17.0 for Villa AH0 :lol. OK, instinct tells me these odds are too long now. People are just assuming it will be an easy City win. Pressure can have unpredictable effects on games sometimes. Villa or Draw 6.1 Marathonbet Stake: 2 points
I understand this, but I wouldn't do it. With all the huge-priced upsets these last couple of weeks, it feels a bit like you're chasing the matches we all should have played (Sunderland and Crystal Palace, mainly). But I'll be rooting for you...I love to see the favorites slip on banana peels.

I understand this' date=' but I wouldn't do it. With all the huge-priced upsets these last couple of weeks, it feels a bit like you're chasing the matches we all should have played (Sunderland and Crystal Palace, mainly). But I'll be rooting for you...I love to see the favorites slip on banana peels.[/quote'] I think I know what you mean - something to be wary of, I've found - the possibility of 'chasing' more similar surprise events the first one has happened.

Villa are now up to 20.0 and the draw 10.0. 17.0 for Villa AH0 :lol. OK, instinct tells me these odds are too long now. People are just assuming it will be an easy City win. Pressure can have unpredictable effects on games sometimes. Villa or Draw 6.1 Marathonbet Stake: 2 points
Result: 4-0 Bet lost Stake: 2 points Return: 0 points

Re: Manchester City v Aston Villa > Wednesday May 7th I went back and checked the most recent seasons. This season from round 35 on, the dogs of better than 8.0 are 2-3-4 with today's loss. The past five seasons the tally is 4-4-25. So what has happened this season is an anomaly. Having said that, it's interesting how the same has been true in Spain, with all three top teams kicking points down the stretch. And like Premier, it's another league that has been wide open with three teams having a shot at the title. It seems strange that these competitive seasons should be the ones where the top teams drop points to teams "having nothing to play for," but that's what has happened. In Bundesliga, where Bayern wrapped up the title weeks ago, the underdogs of better than 8.0 have gone 0-0-5 the last four weeks or so.

Preview from BBC:
  • Only Chelsea (16 points) have a better record than Aston Villa (10 points) against the current top four in the Premier League this season (W3, D1).

3 of the 10 points came against Man City at Villa Park. This give both teams motivation to win (City to avenge defeat & not take their opponents likely; Villa to try to do the double, play spoiler to title race) However, City has the home support, title race experience from 2 years ago, and would have learnt from Liverpool's slip-up, coupled with their own just few games back (Pool, Sunderland). I can foresee them starting off cautiously, building confidence for attack, try get a 2 goal lead, then close shop. Remember, they have the advantage over Liverpool, who had to win BIG due to goal difference. I agree with Keshav's prediction of ManC win to nil, but I doubt they will be looking for an all-out kill, hence I'm looking at the Under 3.5 market. 4/10 - Under 3.5 @ 1.99 (MarathonBet)

Bet lost, due to last minute goal...