** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Chelsea v Atlético de Madrid > Wednesday April 30th

Re: Chelsea v Atlético de Madrid > Wednesday April 30th

I fancy Chelsea here, having JT back is a massive bonus and they were able to rest most of the starters at the weekend and still come away with a morale boosting win. Mourinho is the master in these games, the one-off match with everything to play for and the match likely to be decided by the smallest margin, he always finds a way. If you look at the team he played with at the weekend it was hardly a typical Mourinho side packed with the usual Dogs of War - Salah, Kalas, Ba, Schurrle, Schwarzer for example - yet he still installs a belief in his players that no-one else can come close to. Atletico started 9 of the players that played against Chelsea at the weekend and really had to grind out the win - although this is nothing new for them. Gabi their captain is suspended and won't play which is a blow, Chelsea old boy Tiago will probably come in. Atletico are certainly the Chelsea of Spain in how they approach games with a never say die attitude and will happily sit behind the ball waiting for their chance which will create an interesting tactical dynamic as Mourinho's approach to the game will have to be perfect, go too attacking and they can be picked off on the counter but there will need to be a greater empathasis on attack and the (likely) inclusion of Hazard will help this as he is Chelsea's best attacking threat. Lampard and Mikel being suspended is a blow but not a huge one as Ramieres has had a good season and Luiz is - generally - good in this position and can bring the ball forward and pick a pass. To be honest I wasn't that impressed by Atletico as an attacking force last week, it was all pretty predictable stuff, high balls into Costa will suit Chelsea down to the ground. I think the first leg told everyone everything they needed to know about these two sides, they are very similar in approach and this will more than likely be a tense game possibly decided by a contentious refereeing decision or a moment of genius. Mourinho to have the last laugh again for me, his record at Stamford Bridge is superb and they have a slight edge for me. Chelsea to Qualify - 2.0 - hills - 6 Points LOST Injury update: It doesn't look like Cech will start the game, he took part in some of the training session with the other goalkeepers but was not swinging his injured arm properly according to a reporter who watched training. From what I can see all the other injured players did ball work today - As Simeon says above if you want to be sure about who is playing wait for the sides to be released an hour before kick off on UEFA.com.
The equalising goal before HT changed everything as it was a defensive shambles and put Atletico in total control, before then they had been fairly predictable knocking long balls into Costa which Chelsea were dealing with fairly well. The best team went through though, shame for the final as it would have been better to have teams from different countries competing but it will be an interesting contrast of styles. I expect Chelsea to be far stronger next season with the attacking players they are likely to bring in.

For those of us who know about football it was expected :D so we have to say thank you to those who don't :sad for pushing out the price to 13/5. As it turned out all Atletico needed was a bit of a kick in the butt to get them going because once the equaliser went in it was a complete route no natter what Mourinho said Chelsea were in charge of that tie away and home for no more than the amount of time they were in front.
Win with humility or not at all Wichuda, makes you look a dick otherwise.

Win with humility or not at all Wichuda' date=' makes you look a dick otherwise.[/quote'] What's the point in having emoticons If people don't pay attention to them. Obviously said tongue in cheek that's why the emoticons were there.