Everton v Manchester United > Sunday April 20th

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=class: firstColumn]Everton v Manchester United (16:10 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.49[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.1[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.99 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Everton v Manchester United > Sunday April 20th I use to listen to the quiet voice in the back of my head. I must have stopped listening because I backed Everton over Crystal Palace. That voice said Arsenal will qualify for the CL and Manchester United will win this match in order for that to happen.

Re: Everton v Manchester United > Sunday April 20th

I use to listen to the quiet voice in the back of my head. I must have stopped listening because I backed Everton over Crystal Palace. That voice said Arsenal will qualify for the CL and Manchester United will win this match in order for that to happen.
The voice is all very stupid mate. It is all completely illogical and non linear. Wait and watch this weekend - Everton will thump United as their loss against the Eagles were a much needed wake-up call. Probably they relaxed and for the first time Palace played with little or no pressure and with a lot of confidence. Panache and a sense of having very little to lose a heady concoction that could inspire unpredictable results. The Toffees were flying high and assumed an easy sailing thus paying a heavy price. United don't have much to play for and will probably look to preserve themselves for the World Cup! Now that is a very very valid assumption as except the mediocre players, there is really no incentive for the players to push. The sureshots will likely preserve themselves while the oldies will laze around. Everton will respond to their defeat and pocket 3 points here. And don't forget Arsenal will likely overrate themselves and lose to the Tigers (who will no doubt play for psychological advantage before the FA cup tie!)

Re: Everton v Manchester United > Sunday April 20th i think man utd has plenty of motivation for this match and that's key thing i look for when i bet on a match. everton are beatable as crystal palace showed despite their good form. man utd has a chance to catch up to champions league place and their form has improved recently so i think man utd will win because this match reminds me when newcastle won at old trafford this season and then man utd trashed them in reverse fixture recently. everton also won at old trafford this season hence this fixture suggests that man will be winners here.

The voice is all very stupid mate. It is all completely illogical and non linear. Wait and watch this weekend - Everton will thump United as their loss against the Eagles were a much needed wake-up call. Probably they relaxed and for the first time Palace played with little or no pressure and with a lot of confidence. Panache and a sense of having very little to lose a heady concoction that could inspire unpredictable results. The Toffees were flying high and assumed an easy sailing thus paying a heavy price. United don't have much to play for and will probably look to preserve themselves for the World Cup! Now that is a very very valid assumption as except the mediocre players, there is really no incentive for the players to push. The sureshots will likely preserve themselves while the oldies will laze around. Everton will respond to their defeat and pocket 3 points here. And don't forget Arsenal will likely overrate themselves and lose to the Tigers (who will no doubt play for psychological advantage before the FA cup tie!)
I love all the psycho-analysis here. It's true. Players are human beings who ponder their matches. It's not 2+2=4 .They're not football robots who power off after they leave the pitch. That's why all the results that some see as "illogical" and "crazy" really are anything but when you look at it from a psychological perspective. Recent example. City are thinking about how they just need a few wins in a row and to hope for a favorable result between Chelsea and Liverpool. So thinking about the run in and thinking about the Anfield game, those dummies never considered in a million years that they'd be in danger of slipping up against the bottom side who couldn't score goals and lost a bunch of matches in a row. Like keepsakes said the "nothing to lose" mentality kicked in for Sunderland and the bookies of this world still haven't finished celebrating. I agree with keepsakes here on Manchester's mentality going into this one... not so confident of the result though. Great post! :ok

Re: Everton v Manchester United > Sunday April 20th Agree, very good post from Keepsakes and Toto. My own opinions is I really don't think United would want to be in the Europa League next season? It would be a major distraction and has been a curse for all Premier League sides that have been in it really. I doubt they want to be travelling to the Ukraine and play an extra 10 or 12 games next season as the number one focus is try to get back into the Top 4 and get a stable structure. I wouldn't be surprised at all if United were "very lacklustre" this weekend against Everton. I really fancy the home win.

Re: Everton v Manchester United > Sunday April 20th I'm afraid I cannot agree with you guys. With 5 matches to go there is still plenty of room for Arsenal or Everton to drop points, in which case we could battle for that 4th position. On the other hand UEFA is looking into Man City's financial fair play affair which could mean that they will not play in CL next year if found guilty, in which case 5th team in the table would qualify for Champions League next season. If that's not enough for you then there is one small things about this club and I think a lot of you forgot about that.... We are called Manchester United and I tend to believe that this means a lot. Bet wise I'm going for over 2.5 goals as I think it's one of them matches that will produce goals from both teams.

Re: Everton v Manchester United > Sunday April 20th i live in las vegas and i look at the odds every weekend. my philosophy is dont rely on previous results to determine any one match. i am a man united fan and all season i stayed away from them. i have done quite well with the overs every time. united look good going forward and have goals in them and so does everton. everton had one eye on this united game thus dropping points to palace. the logical bet here is the over. united will score goals and everton will score as well cuz united are shambles in the back this season. over 2.5 all day on this one as it will be a very fast paced attacking game

If that's not enough for you then there is one small things about this club and I think a lot of you forgot about that.... We are called Manchester United and I tend to believe that this means a lot.
Sorry reddevil don't know where you are coming with this one ....... didn't mean a lot this year.

I'm afraid I cannot agree with you guys. With 5 matches to go there is still plenty of room for Arsenal or Everton to drop points, in which case we could battle for that 4th position. On the other hand UEFA is looking into Man City's financial fair play affair which could mean that they will not play in CL next year if found guilty, in which case 5th team in the table would qualify for Champions League next season. If that's not enough for you then there is one small things about this club and I think a lot of you forgot about that.... We are called Manchester United and I tend to believe that this means a lot. Bet wise I'm going for over 2.5 goals as I think it's one of them matches that will produce goals from both teams.
:rollin United will do well to finish 6th FFS. I really think they will struggle in this one aswell tbh. And Everton will not get Top 4 either, if there's one thing Wenger gets done in recent years, it's Top 4. Can't see any betting opportunities though, odds look about spot on to me.

Re: Everton v Manchester United > Sunday April 20th 4pts Over 2.5 goals 5/6 BetVictor With United looking to show they can play under David Moyes and Everton having to win and looking good when they go forward I think we’ll see some goals in this match. United haven’t looked tight at the back for a while whereas without disrespect if Palace can score three times against Everton you get the feeling United will score too so that makes the 5/6 on over 2.5 goals look good value here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/everton-vs-man-utd-betting-goodison-park-can-see-more-goals-on-sunday

Re: Everton v Manchester United > Sunday April 20th Mcgeady Miralles and Delafeou didnt work midweek,these 3 players on at the same time didnt work,Palace opened them up on many occasions,Everton were more exposed than a stripper on a nudist beach.If Martinez tries the same set up i would be amazed,ffs puncheon looked like world beater.That was the worst performance i have seen from Everton,Martinez left Stevie Naysmith on the bench,why?he was man of the match 2 games running.Everton are strong but something changed midweek,was it a one off?Over confidence?Man Utd have been poor by their standards but i fancy them to turn up for David Moyes in this match,they were not a million miles off the pace against Bayern and are the best away team in the premier league.Theres a lot of manager pride on the line and i think if palace can win at Goodison,Man Utd can win here also.Bet 365 15/8.

Re: Everton v Manchester United > Sunday April 20th Well done Everton,you just need to hold you hands up and say i got that one wrong.Martinez changed it back and his players responded by putting in a great performance.Man Utd had a lot of possession in the first half but done nothing with it.Rooney away out on the left poses no threat,as for Nani well hes looking for the exit during the match.Well done all who backed Everton,they well and truly put that midweek shambles to bed.