** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Serie A > March 22nd & 23rd

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Saturday 22 March 2014[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Torino v Livorno (17:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.66[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.9[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]7[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]99.93 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Chievo v AS Roma (19:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]6.9[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.9[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.66[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.13 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Sunday 23 March 2014[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Parma v Genoa (11:30 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.66[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.9[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]6.5[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.05 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Bologna v Cagliari (14:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.25[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.5[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.01 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Internazionale v Atalanta (14:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.54[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.2[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]8.4[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.65 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Sampdoria v Hellas Verona (14:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.14[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.45[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.1[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.10 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Udinese v Sassuolo (14:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.63[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.9[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]7[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.28 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Napoli v Fiorentina (17:30 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.97[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.55[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.4[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.66 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Catania v Juventus (19:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]10[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]5.2[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.4[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.66 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Lazio v AC Milan (19:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.54[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.12[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.78 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Serie A > March 22nd & 23rd There are some pretty short prices around this weekend. Torino, Udinese, Parma and Inter all look too short to me, though their opponents don't exactly inspire confidence. I think Atalanta are most likely to spring a 'surprise' and Genoa can be a tricky side to break down. The +1 asian lines at below 2.00 will be the play for me I think. Napoli look a little slim as well. Fiorentina gave a really good show against Juventus last night and were it not for Pirlo they looked to be going through. Napoli have been wasteful all season and to offer Fiorentina +0.5 at above 2.00 is too much IMO. Fiorentina need to win to stand any chance of getting 3rd place, but more realistically, they need a result to hold off the chasers behind them. With the right team selection, they can get a result. Roma is a definite play for me, and I favour Lazio in the meeting of clubs in turmoil.

Re: Serie A > March 22nd & 23rd i think verona will beat sampdoria. the home team is too vulnerable in defence and their form seem to be going down. udinese should win at home as they showed good attacking threat against roma with two goals and usually win at their home stadium

Re: Serie A > March 22nd & 23rd

There are some pretty short prices around this weekend. Torino, Udinese, Parma and Inter all look too short to me, though their opponents don't exactly inspire confidence. I think Atalanta are most likely to spring a 'surprise' and Genoa can be a tricky side to break down. The +1 asian lines at below 2.00 will be the play for me I think. Napoli look a little slim as well. Fiorentina gave a really good show against Juventus last night and were it not for Pirlo they looked to be going through. Napoli have been wasteful all season and to offer Fiorentina +0.5 at above 2.00 is too much IMO. Fiorentina need to win to stand any chance of getting 3rd place, but more realistically, they need a result to hold off the chasers behind them. With the right team selection, they can get a result. Roma is a definite play for me, and I favour Lazio in the meeting of clubs in turmoil.
I totally agree, Roma should keep winning to create a bigger gap between them and Napoli. There is a good chance Napoli will struggle in the upcoming games due fatigue factor and tough opponents. Chievo at home who are desperate for points can be hard but Roma "normally" is very solid at the back. Roma will still miss the suspended D. De Rossi while Chievo will miss the suspended regular midfielder Hatemaj. With the likes of Totti Gervinho and Destro we should see goals upfront. Lazio will definitely be one of my favorite plays this round. They've won this fixture in the last 2 meetings in Rome and should be fully focussed to keep the points at home in their chase for european football next year. Abbiati is suspended which is a blow for Milan but the most important thing is, they are so vulnerable these days. They really lack quality in all departments and Seedorf desperately keeps chancing the starting 11 cause he can't find the right rythms. If Ballotelli has one of his regular days Lazio won't have much trouble isolating him. With a full house behind them they will definitely be on the score sheet in this game and Klose is the kind of guy who shows no mercy for Milan. Likely over game but Lazio as winners for me!

Re: Serie A > March 22nd & 23rd I don't know how much to attribute to such a factor, but the stadium definitely won't be full in Rome. Fans are expected to continue their protest against management and a poor attendance/dour atmosphere is likely. Even so, Milan are the more at sea at the moment. Balotelli is a good as out the door so I think he'll have a pretty poor finish to the season. Lazio have more to play for, but I'm hesitant to back them too heavily. I'll probably go for full draw cover.

Re: Serie A > March 22nd & 23rd I'm going to be taking Roma tonight. A couple of weeks ago I would have been cautious but Totti returning as well as he did last week inspires confidence in backing them. They suffered terribly in his absence as his all-round game is still good enough to raise the entire team to a new level. Taddei holding with Nainggolan is not ideal, but the former is still just about good enough to hold his own against teams like Chievo. The composition of the front 4 is up for debate. Totti, Gervinho will definitely play. I would expect Pjanic to get the central role. Destro or Florenzi will compete for the final spot. Destro leading the line worked well last week and I think Garcia will go with that set up again here. Despite conceding twice against Udinese, Roma do have a great defence. I don't imagine Chievo will be able to trouble them too much in this match, it is just a question of Roma converting chances. Chievo do have a lot to fight for, but they are not as big a thorn as they used to be, and Roma are not without motivation themselves. It is important for them to secure 2nd, and automatic progression the CL groups. With Napoli playing Fiorentina this match is a good opportunity to increase the gap between themselves and Napoli. I'd expect them to win without him, but with Totti returning I am happy to take Roma on a handicap in this one. Chievo have faltered against top opposition all season long and I expect the same tonight. Roma -1.0 (Asian) - 2.075 - 5 points - Bet365

Roma -1.0 (Asian) - 2.075 - 5 points - Bet365
Taddei played brilliantly, and Totti had a dreadful game. Chievo were absolutely dire and Roma didn't get out of second gear but still covered the handicap. The ease of this match sets them up well for the mid-week round.

Re: Serie A > March 22nd & 23rd A couple more for me this weekend: First up, I'm backing Fiorentina to get something this afternoon. Both teams were involved in midweek matches, and both will be upset to have been eliminated. Napoli are better placed to deal with any potential tiredness as their squad is greater in depth. Jorginho, Callejon and Hamisk are all fresh going into this. They also have Insigne and Pandev to operate from the bench, so are well placed in that respect. Despite being fresh, Hamsik has been in dreadful form for some time now and given that his role in the 4-2-3-1 system is a big factor I don't expect to see a big improvement. Napoli do create a lot of chances in matches but they have a tendency to be wasteful and it is only Higuain who can be relied upon to score with consistency. Their defence has been susceptible to conceding all season long and I think Fiorentina will fancy their chances of doing damage today. Cuadrado down the right hand side against Ghoulam will be where the primary threat lies and with Gomez in the centre, if they can link well then goals will follow. Reveillere is a weak on the other flank, but Fiorentina's threat is much less down that side with Illicic or Joaquin. I'd like to see Ambrosini get the nod, adding steel to the CM, but a trio of Aquilani, Borja and Wolski is predicted - I'm not so sure though. I think Napoli shade Fiorentina in terms of overall quality on the pitch, but these teams are pretty closely matches. Napoli have performed well in big matches so far but Fiorentina can exploit key areas of the pitch and certainly can gain a result. Fiorentina +0.75 - 1.900 - 3 points - Bet365 Lazio - Milan My reasons for backing the home side in this one are much the same - key players in key areas. Milan are a hot mess right now with deep issues at all levels affecting the club. On the pitch the players look disinterested and are performing very badly. Seedorf does not know his best XI and his 4-2-3-1 is not gelling with the players. Lazio has struggled as well, but they are in a relatively good place at the moment and 'Milan' is still a big enough name to be considered a big match. Candreva returns from suspension and will have the beating of Milan down the right hand side all day. Seedorf has chosen Emanuelson time and again but the alternatives will have a rough night as well, should they be chosen. Rami and Zapata is the best pairing, but still not solid and Klose is the perfect striker to have sniffing around for space. Keita will trouble De Sciglio down the left side as well. All in all, it doesn't bode well for Milan as Lazio will move the ball forward to these players as quickly as possible. Montolivio is suspended so De Jong and Muntari provide a physical but immobile CM. Kaka has been woeful but continues to get selected, Poli is not played to his strengths and Honda has yet to settle. They will be supporting Balotelli, who is as good as out the door should an acceptable bid arrive, and is playing like he knows it. That is the expected team and the choices for alteration are not anything to really worry Lazio. Reja has somewhat settled Lazio down and certainly has the edge on Seedorf in this one. They should let Milan have the ball and strike with pacey counters. I'm sure Reja knows this and that is a reason why I give Lazio the edge in this one. I'm not overwhelmed by their play, so will take some cover, but I do think they will edge this match. Lazio -0.25 - 2.100 - 4 points - Bet365 If Seedorf really flops on team selection then I may increase my stake late on.

Re: Serie A > March 22nd & 23rd Some pretty big news regarding Lazio - Milan. Klose has picked up a knock so wont play. Keita, Perea, Candreva will be the front three. There is lots of pace in that front three. Seedorf has gone with Mexes to partner Rami which is baffling. Pazzini replaces Balotelli which is probably good for Milan on the whole. The changes somewhat balance out, though I wont be increasing my stakes.

Fiorentina +0.75 - 1.900 - 3 points - Bet365 Lazio -0.25 - 2.100 - 4 points - Bet365
That was a very meek performance Fiorentina. They were outplayed by 10 men for quite a while, showing very little attacking intent. They eventually came good though and snuck a win. Not a great performance but the result should send them into the match against Milan with extra intent. Lazio-Milan could have been won by either, but in truth neither deserved to win. Both teams were poor and looked nervous on the ball - not a good display of football from either. I probably won't go near Lazio without Klose again because they really felt his absence through the middle. Seedorf lives to fight another day but the same issues were evident tonight. Still no cohesion as a team and players either look very limited or uninterested. I think fatigue could be an issue for them midweek against Fiorentina. Poli is suspended and Honda disrespected Seedorf. Kaka also played 90 minutes, so we should see another new line-up for them. It doesn't bode well. I'm pleased to secure some profit from the weekend.