** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Ligue 2 > February 28th - March 3rd

Aidymac

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Friday 28 February 2014[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Angers SCO v Troyes AC (19:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.35[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]5[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]99.85 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]CA Bastia v AJ Auxerre (19:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.2[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.25[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.5[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]102.02 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Dijon FCO v Créteil (19:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.63[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.7[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]7.2[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]102.27 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Istres v Le Havre AC (19:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.25[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.25[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.8[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.53 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]LB Châteauroux v AC Arles-Avignon (19:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.37[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.15[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.75[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.52 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Nîmes Olympique v Chamois Niortais (19:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.75[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.1[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.25[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]99.39 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]SM Caen v Clermont Foot (19:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.72[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.75[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]6.4[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.19 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Stade Brestois 29 v Stade Lavallois (19:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.2[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.3[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.9[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.40 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Saturday 1 March 2014[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]AS Nancy v FC Metz (13:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.55[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.05[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.25[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]102.77 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Monday 3 March 2014[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]RC Lens v Tours (19:30 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.9[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.45[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.75[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]102.67 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Ligue 2 > February 28th - March 3rd I will bet against the stats which are clearly in favor of NIort who played 8 games without any losses. But some of them finished very well for Niort, especially vs Clermont or Caen. Furthermore, this club is not ready to go in L1, and they are not actually fighting for the promotion in L1. On the other side, Nimes are clearly better since Marsiglia is the new coach: only 1 L in their last 7 games. They made an even game vs Arles in a regional derby, and held very well vs the leader Metz, and could even have won. They are 17th at 1 only 1 point from the relegation zone, so they have to fight hard to be saved. For the motivation might be a lot more for Nimes'side because of that, especially at home. Nimes-0.25 @2.06 pinnacle stake 5/10

Re: Ligue 2 > February 28th - March 3rd Angers – Troyes Angers have a total of 10 players ruled out of this match, about half of these guys are important first team regulars too. The main problem is at the back where GK Malicki is ruled out, along with fullbacks Bouka Moutou, Manceau , plus CB Thomas is suspended. Add in the fact that a couple of holding midfielders are ruled out too and they are clearly decimated in terms of defensive strength. Angers have no worries out on the wings and in attack, but they will surely be vulnerable at the back. Troyes still have their best defender N’Diaye ruled out and also key midfield lynchpin Thiago Xavier is a casualty. If Angers were at full strength then this might be a different story but considering their defensive problems then the overs have to be backed IMO. Both teams are attack minded and Troyes certainly won’t come here trying to sit back and hold onto a draw. This should be a really open and exciting game of football ultimately containing goals. Angers have been involved in quite a lot of lower scoring how games this season, I’m not sure totally why because the majority of their games are really enjoyable to watch and contain nice football. Just a lack of conversion has cost them. I’m not sure if Troyes can take full advantage of the Angers’ absentees and win, but there is a great chance of the overs hitting IMO. 2.25 is a nice and generous line too, worth backing. Prediction: Angers 2-2 Troyes Recommended bet: Over 2.25 goals @ 2.05 5/10 Brest – Laval This is a really really crucial match down at the bottom of the table between 18th and 19th placed teams. Neither side can afford to lose this match such is the severity of it. Laval have played well recently without picking up the results they deserved. Coach Philippe Hinchberger has paid the price for this and was sacked on Monday, replacing him is assistant Denis Zanko. Add into the mixer that this is a regional derby, the pitch is likely to be in awful state, weather pre match is predicted to be terrible, and also there’s also a strong likelihood of heavy winds. Put all this into consideration and its a clear no bet situation for me. I actually rate Laval as the better of the two teams but they will really fear defeat tonight. With such a strong emphasis on not losing the fixture, I sense a draw. Prediction: Brest 1-1 Laval NO BET Caen – Clermont Team news is very favourable for Caen. Yes, they do have some injuries to a couple of guys who ‘might have’ played but in my opinion they aren’t weakened by any losses here and will be able to line up at full strength, depending on what the coach prefers. Clermont in all fairness aren’t in bad condition either, although their main problem slot is right back. Key defender Anthony Lippini is done for the season with an ACL and his natural replacement Cedric Bockhorni is suspended. They’ll have to fill in with a poor player at right back tonight which is an obvious weakness which Caen will look to expose. I have a list of teams around the world at the moment who ‘couldn’t score in a brothel’ Nantes in Ligue 1 are an example, as are Middlesbrough from the Championship in England. Clermont have been on this particular list for a long long time and they offer very little threat going forwards. They’ve scored just 1 goal in 6 games and overall are the 3rd lowest scoring side in Ligue 2 this season. They just don’t look very threatening either, the only way I could possibly see them scoring tonight is from a set piece. In my mind, Caen will only need one goal to win, but the way they play then it’s likely they’ll get more. Caen have impressed me in their last two matches. They only beat Arles 1-0 and drew 0-0 against Noirt, but this is very encouraging for Caen who usually struggle when facing solid defensive teams like those two are. The Normans are never a side short of goals, only Tours have scored more than them this year in Ligue 2. At home on a great pitch and surface they are a very difficult side to contain, and now that they should have reasonable confidence too, I’m expecting them to go well tonight. Clermont just seem a beaten side at the moment and are in the middle of a serious downward spiral. Their coach might have even lost the dressing room and a few fans are calling for his head. Caen will win this match 2-0 or 3-0 IMO, there is a very high chance of them keeping a clean sheet. Take your pick of the -0.75 or -1 handicap. I prefer the one with bigger odds because I believe in them covering here. Prediction: Caen 3-0 Clermont Recommended bet: Caen -1 (asian) @ 2.28 7/10 Chateauroux – Arles There are a couple of bets which both tempt me here, but as of yet I haven’t pulled the trigger on either. I fancy Chateauroux to win this game. They are very strong at home, especially since their new coach Jean Louis Garcia took over. He’s won 5 out of 6 at Le Stade Gaston Petit and on their own artificial surface Les Berrichonne are always traditionally strong. The hosts have also been in good recently form winning 3 of their last 4 games, I like what I’ve been seeing from them recently. Arles are a very hard side to beat but I think they’ll struggle in this one. The manager has been mentioning that his squad is quite fatigued at the minute so they might lack freshness. I like Chateauroux -0.25 and I like over 2.0 goals, but both are slightly risky. The chances of a draw occurring here, especially a low scoring one, is too high for me to ultimately bet on either of those picks. If the price on Chateauroux DNB rises enough during the day then I would consider taking them, but for now there just isnt quite enough value. Ultimately I think it’ll be an open game of football through which the hosts edge. MORNING UPDATE. The price on Chateauroux 0AH has just gone too high and now has to be taken, so they are my 3rd bet of the day. Prediction: Chateauroux 2-1 Arles Recommended bet: Chateauroux 0AH @ 1.97 4/10 Dijon – Creteil Dijon are a very good home team, their stats here are excellent and I’d expect them to win tonight. The question is exactly how comfortably they’ll win though. Creteil are the sort of team who can score goals so there is no guarantee DFCO would have an easily ‘win to nil’ which kinda puts me off backing them, especially on any sort of handicap. I like the overs too, especially on a 2.25 line but the price just isn’t quite juicy enough for me yet. The danger scorelines would be 1-0 or 2-0 because despite Creteil’s attacking threat, you still have to respect how tight Dijon are at home. Les Rouges only conceded 8 goals in front of their own fans this season, 4 of which were scored back in August and another which was a garbage time consolation when 4-0 up. I think a home win and overs are a likely outcome but I can’t be completely sure enough to actually bet anything yet. If the over 2.25 price drifts during the day then I would certainly consider it. Prediction: Dijon 2-1 Creteil NO BET Nimes – Niort This is a difficult game to predict, I’m not sure which way it’s going to go. A lot smells of a draw here, although maybe Nimes might sneak a win. Niort have been very hard to beat recently but they have two important absentees tonight. Key midfielder Mouhamadou Diaw is suspended and right winger Luigi Glombard injured. Niort have kept an extremely settled side of late so maybe those two missing might throw them off balance. Still, Niort have been playing some great solid football and I will respect them tonight by not taking them on. Nimes are another team who have been ‘on the up’ in 2014 and if anyone is to win this game then it’d likely be them. Overall I’m going to predict a draw but I don’t fancy betting on the contest. Prediction: Nimes 1-1 Niort NO BET Previews for the remaining 2 matches will be posted up mid morning

Re: Ligue 2 > February 28th - March 3rd Dijon/Créteil: Gastien is back for Dijon, and he is really important for Dijon to build and finsh the attacks. At home, Dijon used to show a quite offensive face, 11 goals scored at home in their last 3 games. Furthermore they are fighting for the promotion in L1, so they can't afford to wait for Creteil to attack. On the other side Creteil's defence is quite poor we saw it vs Lens (L2-3), and even more at away with already 24 goals taken. But offensively, especially with Lesage or N'Dioye they have a quite efficient attack able to be dangerous in each raid in opponents'penalty areas. I don't think Créteil are able to wait serenly on defence, they will have to be much more active on counter-attacks: that's why I go for an over on that match. Bet: over 2.25 @ 1.92 Sbobet stake 5/10

Re: Ligue 2 > February 28th - March 3rd CA Bastia – Auxerre Many people will presume Auxerre win this match. CA Bastia have an atrocious home record and are clearly the worst team in the division. But Auxerre aren’t in particularly good form themselves and miss the likes of Marester and Ngando for this match. A fierce Corsican storm is also forecast for tonight and conditions could be atrocious, making them a lottery. I’m not interested in backing either team here, there’s just no betting appeal IMO. I think a draw is possibly the most likely outcome, and 0-0 is a real runner if conditions do turn out to be really bad. Prediction: CA Bastia 0-0 Le Havre Istres – Le Havre I think the bookies have this one priced up pretty fair at the moment, maybe a bit too much in Istres’ favour. In terms of a result I’m not sure which way this one will go, I don’t have any real ‘feel’ or lean towards either side. The overs should have a live chance because Istres do tend to attack a lot. There could be some space for Le Havre to run into tonight and they have good pace going forwards which could take advantage of Istres’ deficiencies. Again, like a few other games today, the over 2.25 line does tempt me, but there’s a chance Le Havre might aim to be solid and defend. They do tend to have a pretty good recent defensive record away from home. If the 2.25 line price reached over 2.0 I’d back it, but I can’t see that happening, so another no bet. Prediction: Istres 2-2 Le Havre NO BET Just to add, I have now also included Chateauroux 0 as a pick. The price just gone way too high to ignore.

Re: Ligue 2 > February 28th - March 3rd Probably cause many punters were chasing the value in Caen game. Bookies often react when bigger stakes come into account. Let's just hope they will deliver tonight! I'm sure the players on the pitch won't give a damn about their odds. Caen is the likely winner so thumbs up and pray :D

Re: Ligue 2 > February 28th - March 3rd think authorities have to investigate the caen game. Really do. I might end up losing a 4-figure sum cos of the caen game (around £1200) cos two of the other legs of my acca are winning, but I am trying to be as unbiased as possible. Fellow forum members warning us about the possible fixing, bookies, suspending, suspicious betting patterns. I mean how can all this go unnoticed. Dont think my bookie will void the leg and pay out on the rest of the legs even if authorities do find something suspicious. But I wont be letting this go as otherwise such things will keep on happening. I suggest we all contact the proper authorities and request them to have an enquiry perhaps?

Re: Ligue 2 > February 28th - March 3rd

They had some good chances, but could not put the ball in the net. Unfortunate i could say... Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
sure. I am not a sore loser. But looks suspicious to me with all the betting that had been going on pre-game. Remember, caen had been tipped everywhere to beat even the -2 handicap. But the way the betting was going on as others pointed out, looks like less of a coincidence now. Oh and caen didnt even drift before off. The match price stayed steady thoughout. But betting patterns on HT/FT market and then the game panning exactly like the heavily bet Clermont/Caen @38/1 . I mean surely theres more to this. (especially when those involved would have traded off at around 3/1 at half time and made huge profits)