Norwich City v Tottenham Hotspur > Sunday February 23rd

Aidymac

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=class: firstColumn]Norwich City v Tottenham Hotspur (16:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.1[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.19 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Norwich City v Tottenham Hotspur > Sunday February 23rd 4pts Tottenham to beat Norwich 23/20 BetVictor I think Spurs have to be the call here. Norwich aren’t getting smashed out of sight and are three unbeaten at home but Spurs look on it at the minute and seem to be getting better under Sherwood too. Their win over Newcastle was bordering on being rampant and that bodes well. Confidence will be low at Norwich so if Spurs can get the first goal I’d expect them to go on and win this one. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/norwich-vs-tottenham-betting-tottenham-can-pile-more-pressure-on-norwich

Re: Norwich City v Tottenham Hotspur > Sunday February 23rd I'm thinking unders here. Norwich both score and concede under 1 goal per home game this season and while Tottenham can score a decent ammount of goals they don't give many away on the road. IMO this has all the signs of a low scoring match, something like 0-1 or a 0-2. Unders are offered at 1.90 at some books and that looks like big value to me.

Re: Norwich City v Tottenham Hotspur > Sunday February 23rd Norwich-Tottenham Bet: Tottenham @ 2.2 (Pinnacle) (5/10) Really nice odds here in my opinion. These two teams couldn't be much more different. Norwich is fighting to stay in league with average sucess in the last games. Out of the last 11 games they got one win (At home against Hull), 5 defeats and 5 draws. Tottenham on the other side is in great shape. Out of the last 10 games just one defeat (against city), 7 wins and 2 draws. They are still fighting for the international places (currently on place 5, 3 points behind Liverpool). Tottenham is a team that doesn't have the class when it comes to games against big opponents (City, liverpool) but is very good against middle and weak Premier League teams. And it is clear in which category Norwich belongs. Tottenham had a EL game against Dnipro midweek which they lost 0-1. In this match they rested a lot of first squad players as the match against Norwich is their priority. For the match against Norwich they will miss long term injured Lamela and Sandro. All other important players are ready for this match. Norwich on the other side without Gutiérrez, Turner, Bennett and Howson+R Bennett in doubt. Considering that Norwich already had quite some problems in the last games against opponents which are also fighting to stay in league and because Tottenham is one of the best teams to back away from home and against middle class and bad teams I see good value in this odds.

Re: Norwich City v Tottenham Hotspur > Sunday February 23rd

Only if the Norwich players dislike Hughton.
how many times have we seen these norwich players give their all when Houghton needs a result. Having said that I am probably on Tottenham but 0:0 is a big player as I think norwich will be setting up for a 0:0 like they always do against decent teams at home. So a better call here for me is the unders. Even if tottenham do win, cant see them winning by more than two and norwich dont score many. Under 2.5 @1.88 various

Re: Norwich City v Tottenham Hotspur > Sunday February 23rd A few stats stand out regarding Norwich at home. They have played 13 home games. These 13 games have a total of 8 1st half goals. That's .6 GPG which is joint 4th worst in Europe. They also have a huge amount of 1st half draws at home. They have drawn 9 of 13 1st halves. Norwich just don't score goals at home, they have 4 home goals in their last 7 league games. SPurs are joint best in their last 7 league games away. They have won 6 and drawn 1 games (Benfica, Celtic are similar) They are winning games by outscoring their opponents. Spurs to win is the obvious bet here, but Norwich do have 3 clean sheets in a row at home. I reckon stretching this bet to Spurs to win to Nil is prob a decent option, considering Norwich have just 1 goal in their last 4 home games. Spurs win to NIL is 3.7 on COral Spurs have scored 2 or more goals in 6 of their last 7 away games. Tottenham total goals over 1.5 looks good (odds 2.2 stanjames). Tottenham to score in both halves is 3.25 (bet365). They have done this in 5 of their last 6 away games. Tottenham to win the second half is 2.55 . To me this is the best bet of the lot. Spurs have won the 2nd half in their last 7 away games.

Re: Norwich City v Tottenham Hotspur > Sunday February 23rd After some serious consideration I came up with two medium size bets. Under 2,5 [email protected] Marathonbet Tottenham [email protected] Marathonbet My reasoning for the under bet is...in the past Norwich has proven that they can be quite solid at home, but they still lack goals and their attack is far away from best. They arent as strong as Tottenham but they need points desperatelly and have the home advantage...so they should put up a decent fight. Norwich has proven that they can defend well this season against Man City a team which has better firepower than Tottenham, so they should be able to make some trouble for Tottenham to score. Second bet (tott DNB) ...Tottenham had this match clearly in mind during the Europa league (they rested a few key players...Adebayor etc.) during the match. As we already know they need as much points as possible to catch up/or keep up with Liverpool, so they will play their best and focus really hard on this one. I am not going for a str8 win cause i like to play things as safe as possible...I think Norwich will put up a fight but tottenham will have bigger ball posession and more chances. If they are not unlucky they should break Norwich´s defence after a while. I think they will win with the scoreline somewhere around 0:1 0:2 ...1:1 if they´r unlucky...thats why i go DNB. wish u all luck!

Re: Norwich City v Tottenham Hotspur > Sunday February 23rd In all honesty I don't think Tottehnam are that good. I think Adebayor is hugely overrated. I also consider that teams like Norwich give their maximum at such home games against teams that are presumably not fresh. That is if they want to stay in the league, which they do. I have to say I favor 1X double chance.

Re: Norwich City v Tottenham Hotspur > Sunday February 23rd Anyone know anything about what niggling injuries spurs players had suffered? Emmanuel Adebayor, Aaron Lennon, Kyle Walker and Hugo Lloris are expected to be available at Carrow Road, despite missing out against Dnipro due to "niggling" injuries. I would like to know what these niggles were as although they might not affect their performance if they start, they might cause these very important players to be over-cautious or at least put doubts in their minds in 50-50s. EDIT: Just found this:

Sherwood remains hopeful some of those faces will be fit to return at Norwich but is NOT anticipating all of them will be ready to come back into his side. “There will be a few back,” he added. “A few won’t be ready. We are looking to refresh certain areas. Some areas we won’t be able to but between now and then they have to recover.”
EDIT: Just to add, it seems everyone, including me, is either on unders or tottenham to win to nil or BTTS = NO. However, I have been keeping track of the price lines of this game and BTTS = yes has shortened considerably (from 1.80 to 1.62 at bet365 for example). Still researching to find what news has come out to have such an affect (maybe a spurs defender is carrying a minor knock and there might be a last minute assessment, etc. Kyle Walker seems the most likely candidate). Either way, be careful guys.

In all honesty I don't think Tottehnam are that good. I think Adebayor is hugely overrated. I also consider that teams like Norwich give their maximum at such home games against teams that are presumably not fresh. That is if they want to stay in the league' date=' which they do. I have to say I favor 1X double chance.[/quote'] The stats say that Spurs are this good. In Europe .. Bayern Munich, Benfica and Tottenham all have 6 wins and a draw in their last 7 away. Celtic are now 7/7 wins away with 5 clean sheets in a row. These are the best 4 away teams in Europe over the last 7 away games.

Anyone know anything about what niggling injuries spurs players had suffered? Emmanuel Adebayor, Aaron Lennon, Kyle Walker and Hugo Lloris are expected to be available at Carrow Road, despite missing out against Dnipro due to "niggling" injuries. I would like to know what these niggles were as although they might not affect their performance if they start, they might cause these very important players to be over-cautious or at least put doubts in their minds in 50-50s. EDIT: Just found this: EDIT: Just to add, it seems everyone, including me, is either on unders or tottenham to win to nil or BTTS = NO. However, I have been keeping track of the price lines of this game and BTTS = yes has shortened considerably (from 1.80 to 1.62 at bet365 for example). Still researching to find what news has come out to have such an affect (maybe a spurs defender is carrying a minor knock and there might be a last minute assessment, etc. Kyle Walker seems the most likely candidate). Either way, be careful guys.
still hasnt found anything that will explain the drift. Reports circling around that Norwich has told Houghton he will be sacked if they lose to spurs. However, dont understand how this could affect the BTTS market but not the outright market where spurs are still around the odds they have been for a few days. Maybe someone will tell us whats up. Until then its a no bet game for me now.