how to... golf bet

calloum

Dear Punters loungers I was wondering if any body could help me with this question: I wish to bet against the player who is leader after day 1 of the Joburg open. So instead of betting for him to win the tournament, I want to bet against him. Is this possible and if so where and how ? I have been doing my numbers and if I am correct i will be millionair in 1 year haha :) Thank you in advance.

Re: how to... golf bet Hi, Calloum, :welcome to the forum! if you want to bet against an outcome, you need to LAY it at betting exchange such as betfair. I've just checked, they have that event, so you go there, choose Golf - Joburg Open 2014 - Winner. Next to the name of player of your interest, you will see blue and pink boxes. Blue boxes contain odds for that player TO WIN (you back him), and pink ones show odds for player NOT TO WIN (you lay him). So, if you like lay odds, you place the bet and enjoy your bet. :OK Be careful with lay odds - they don't work the way back odds do; if you see odds of, say, 4.00 (decimal odds), that means you risk 3 units to win 1 unit, and then betfair will rob you 2 to 7 % commission from that 1 unit you won...

Re: how to... golf bet

I done my first bet. But! It got cancelled as someone did not bet against me. Is there a way to lay a player (so bet on him not to win) without having another better do the opposite, so bet him to win. maybe a different site ?
No. You must not have placed the bet correctly as if there is a lay price available you can place the bet. What golfer was it that you were looking to take on last week?

You found out anything yet Aidymac ?
Hi Calloum. You should have had no problems laying Molinari. Go into the exchange and on the left you see "Back" odds, on the right are the "lay" odds. You need to click on the lay box which is the red box and enter the amount you want to lay. It is as simple as that mate. It will tell you if your bet has been matched or not.

Re: how to... golf bet so your bet has to be matched by another player? I have treid again this time Woman's Australian open layd Suzan Petterson to win. backer odds 5.9 and Backer's Stake 2 your total liability on this stake is 9.80. I hope it owrks and someone will back, I don't even understand how much I could win. I think it's 2 euro's.... just wanna work this out before the big money starts. :)

Re: how to... golf bet It doesn' twant to accept the bet. 2 options 1 not anough money in my account.. which is not true or you have exceeded your exposure or loss limit. Frustrating.... I don't know if it makes any difference but there is no amount in the pink box, it is empty. lthnx a bunch everyone

What price / stake have you laid him to?
Well the money is back in my account. My liability was € 9,75 So i could lose that. It was only 2 euro's in the first box, I think that wsa the ammount I could win. I was really into starting this before, but it's getting very frustrating. so what have I done wrong this time :(

Re: how to... golf bet ok, well i give up. tried it 3 times now. i know there is money in it, but if I can't get my bet to go thourgh that's very unfortunate. Maye betfair knows there is money to be won. As I know someone who earns he's money this way.... But bigger amoutns, but wanted to starts small to start with..... back to simpel football matches.

Re: how to... golf bet I wish that was it... I can not find it again. But after clicking/selectnig the pink box you get option to fill in the 1st box i enterd 2, the 2nd box had 9.85 so that is my liability. what I had in my accoutn was 9.85 10 euro's I put on the account to try this. the bet was accepted and money went out of my account, after the tournament it was back again....