Wednesday 4:40 > Fred Winter Handicap Hurdle

• 1 month later...

Re: Wednesday 4:40 > Fred Winter Handicap Hurdle venturing out of my usual ratings to pure statistics here .......... this race is dominated by horses rated 124 -130 ........with something like 6-8 coming from that bracket and one of the ones outside that was classy flat horse ......this is a very strong stat ......5-8 won lto .....other 3 unplaced in grd 2 races .........all had been sired by group 1 horses ........all this seems to point to the paul nicholls trained katgary only negative stat I can see is long layoff ....4 monthes but nicholls can prepare them and this horse looked progressive when last seen and actually looks a class above these if he has trained on and is fit and ready to go ...another horse to fit the trends is orgilgo bay .........he has poor form but qualifys on most counts .....didn't win last time but ran unpl in grd 1 so still qualifys but would seriously need to improve but bookies have in first 5 betting so cant be that bad katgary 3pts win 10/1 betvic 1pt saver orgilgo bay 16/1 bet365

Re: Wednesday 4:40 > Fred Winter Handicap Hurdle Not a race I like to get stuck into if I am honest and whilst the Pipe runner Azza came out on top of my stats checklist, I just cant have her on this ground so I have decided to completely ignore the stats and go for one at a big price in Handiwork (40/1) for a couple of reasons. His earlier form looks pretty solid in beating some improving novices who certainly make this mark look reasonable. Secondly, he has always looked a real staying type over this trip which could be a real bonus in a race of this nature. This is a big step up in class, but I do think the handicapper hasnt seen the full picture yet with this one and it wouldnt surprise me to see him outrun his odds.

Re: Wednesday 4:40 > Fred Winter Handicap Hurdle Fred Winter Juvenile Handicap Hurdle(Grade 3) (1) 2m 110yds Nicky Henderson won this race in 2012 with Une Artiste and he will be looking to repeat the feat when Barry Geraghty rides Dawalan in this tomorrow. The Jonjo O'Neill yard is in some great form at the moment and there is no doubt Goodwood Mirage will be expected to step up on what he has shown thus far. I think he has a bit to find to figure here but the bookies suggest otherwise. I have placed an each-way bet on Azza for the Pipe yard who looks overpriced in my opinion, she has some nice form behind Guitar Pete that has worked out well. Ivan Grozny disappointed last time out behind Guitar Pete but he is a horse with a lot of potential for a powerful yard. Ivan Grozny - 2 Points WIN @ 8/1 Bet365 Azza - 1 Point each-way @ 20/1 Bet365 Read Full Preview @ http://www.horse-racing.org/fred-winter-hurdle-preview-azza--ivan-grozny-look-like-talented-juveniles