Wednesday 3:20 > Queen Mother Champion Chase

• 3 weeks later...

Re: Wednesday 3:20 > Queen Mother Champion Chase QUEEN MOTHER CHAMPION CHASE TRENDS 2014 - [ thanks to r/caller for use of these trends ] The highlight of the second day of the Cheltenham Festival is the Bet Victor Queen Mother Champion Chase. Sprinter Sacre’s very impressive 19 length success last year gave Nicky Henderson a second straight winner in this race. It is still unclear whether Sprinter Sacre will be able to defend his title. Based on the trends from the past 10 years you are looking for a horse: - French bred aged 5 to 7 or Irish bred aged 8 or 9 - Won a graded chase on last completed outing - Posted an RPR of 165+ last time out - Run 2 to 4 times this season - Run 7 to 13 times over fences (or a previous Champion Chase winner) - 2nd or 3rd season chaser (or previous Champion Chase winner) - Won over at least 2M 1F - Previously won a grade 1 - Course winner (or having first course run) - Won the Arkle or ran in Champion Chase at 2013 Festival - Finished in the first 4 in the Tingle Creek - Ran in Game Spirit, Victor Chandler or Tied Cottage Chase last time - Trained by Paul Nicholls, Nicky Henderson or in Ireland.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Re: Wednesday 3:20 > Queen Mother Champion Chase Sire de Grugy is the clear form choice but I think this could be a race for a shock. Hinterland if he runs could have a chance at a decent price but Sizing Europe could be the one at 14s. A consistent performer who may be getting long in the tooth but this could be his last day in the sun. Get on at 14s ew

Re: Wednesday 3:20 > Queen Mother Champion Chase Betvictor Queen Mother Champion Chase(Grade 1) (1) 2m Sire De Grugy is the worthy favourite but this is a hot race and I think he is a bit short for a horse that has never won around Cheltenham. There is a slight possibility he is more suited to a flat track but time will tell. Captain Conan has always jumped out to me as a horse to stay away from, he doesn't seem to have that class about him in his races and for all he is highly talented he just is not for me here. Arvika Ligeonniere is a very classy horse but I can't place faith in him as he was pulled up in the Arkle last year. I have put a small each-way bet on Wishful Thinking, he loves it here at Cheltenham and wasn't disgraced behind Sprinter Sacre last year so I think he has the ability to snatch a place. Wishful Thinking - 1 Point each-way @ 25/1 Bet365 Read Full Preview @ http://www.horse-racing.org/queen-mother-champion-chase-preview-let-us-hope-for-some-wishful-thinking

Re: Wednesday 3:20 > Queen Mother Champion Chase Struggled with this race as I dont think many of these are really Grade 1 class around Cheltenham (anymore in Sizing Europe's case). Despite agreeing with Aidy about Captain Conan always being a horse I have been wary of, he has beaten most of these before and he only really failed last season in the Jewson through stamina. I will be having a token bet but nothing more.

Re: Wednesday 3:20 > Queen Mother Champion Chase 3.20 Cheltenham: Captain Conan, 5/1 >Bet365, win Captain Conan finished third lto in his only run this season. He finished 7L behind today's favourite Sire De Grugy but today's course will be more suitable to CC. SDG has really excelled this season without Sprinter Sacre around and is deserved fave but he has never won at Cheltenham in three attempts and could be vulnerable today. CC beat SDG over c&d last year I think he could do it agin today. The round will be ideal for him. Trainer Nicky Henderson will have him spot on for this and with Barry Geraghty in the saddle he must go close.

Re: Wednesday 3:20 > Queen Mother Champion Chase

Based on the trends' date=' 10pt e/w on Arvika Ligeonniere @ 8/1 and 2.5 pts (5 total) on the Reverse Exacta with Sire De Grugy, as I think they are well clear of the rest.[/quote'] im with you on this ...........on my speed ratings these two are well clear 98 and 96 ..............and at the prices they are backable 7/2 and 10/1 !!...........im gonna take the tag team and hope they fight it out sire de grudgy 2pts win 7/2 bet365 arvika ligeonaire 2prs win 10/1 bet365

Re: Wednesday 3:20 > Queen Mother Champion Chase Good luck with Arvika guys. I was put off by that horse by the fact he has a terrible record going left handed and doesn't seem to like Cheltenham (Pulled up last time). But a Class Horse!

Re: Wednesday 3:20 > Queen Mother Champion Chase

im with you on this ...........on my speed ratings these two are well clear 98 and 96 ..............and at the prices they are backable 7/2 and 10/1 !!...........im gonna take the tag team and hope they fight it out sire de grudgy 2pts win 7/2 bet365 arvika ligeonaire 2prs win 10/1 bet365
gotta be honest 7/2 seemed a gift .......shoulda had more on