Wednesday 2:40 > Coral Cup

• 1 month later...

Re: Wednesday 2:40 > Coral Cup Coral Cup(HANDICAP HURDLE) (Grade 3) (1) 2m5f The current favourite for this race is the Gordon Elliott trained Bayan who is 12/1 so that just shows how competitive the race is and how tough it will be for us to find the winner. He looks well handicapped and has been trained for this race so he has an obvious chance. The Alan King trained Vendor finished 3rd in the Fred Winter here in 2012 and he came back to life at Newbury back in November when he won a big handicap in good fashion. I have backed both Get Me Out Of Here and Indevan here though as I feel they are the value in the race, especially Indevan whose yard is in super form with Ruby Walsh on top. Indevan - 1 Point each-way @ 20/1 Bet Victor Get Me Out Of Here - 1 Point each-way @ 18/1 Paddy Power Read Full Preview @ http://www.horse-racing.org/coral-cup-betting-indevan--get-me-out-of-here-are-the-value-picks

Re: Wednesday 2:40 > Coral Cup This is one of those that you look at the field and generally do think 'Anything'. However. I fancy Kaylif Aramis. Won well lto after a breathing op, and with it being the Twiston-Davies runner, I expect it to be well supported on track. Gets in on a feather weight of 10-10, and may still have improvement as defeat the 7lbs rise. Again on the Twiston-Davies and improvement angle, this we all know is the meeting they target a lot of their runners towards, leading me to believe that there's more to come. At around 20/1, theres plenty of value on an e/w nibble to be had. Two eye-catchers for me that strike me as being potential gambles and dark horses is Clerk's Choice and Edgardo Sol. The first of these has a degree of Cheltenham form having done well in a champion hurdle, and has frankly ran like a donkey for the most part of the season. Last year he ran well at Aintree, suggesting to me he's very much a spring horse. Should at very least outrun his price, which is tumbling in. Edgardo Sol is rather hit and miss at best, and while having had a poor season, may be another one that's been (and i don't like the term hand-braked)unfulfilled, and does have reasonable Cheltenham form from County hurdle runs. I'm going with the first one, but would be fairly unsurprised should either of the other two come in.That said, when you tip 3 horses in one, there's a limit as to how surprised you really ever should be. It is however a very wide open race, and as always in handicaps, a bit of luck in running a must.

Re: Wednesday 2:40 > Coral Cup 2.40 Cheltenham: Meister Eckhart, 20/1 >Paddy Power, e/w (12345, 1/4) Meister Eckhart finished second in a grade 2 lto, beaten just a head by Kayf Moss. His last handicap run was at Aintree last April when he finished third in a similar strenght race off a one pound lower mark. He finished second in this race last year and I expect him to go close again today.

Re: Wednesday 2:40 > Coral Cup may as well have a bash at a big prize ......you never know and this is one of those races where anything can happen ............really you want to be on something middle to low weighted as this tends to go to an up and coming newcomer with good recent form (preferably winning ) so that makes life easy for me giving me a short list of waaheb , kaylif aramis ,and calculated risk ..........all 3 have their merits .........waaheb is owned by jp McManus so could have been laid out ..just the type he pops up with ..........kaylif aramis ...ran a cracker over 2m4f recently in fast time .....that form looks strong and should run well ..............calculated risk looks poor but ran a couple lengths behind urbain de sivola in listed race in December and a reproduction of that would actually give him a real chance here so the 40/1 looks huge!!!!!..........may as well have all 3 and hope one goes in at big price ..... waaheb 2pts win 23.0 betfair kaylif aramis 2pt win 28.0 betfair calculated risk 2pts win 46.0 betfair